Has anybody else noticed there seems to be more interest in building headless apps for BlackBerry is this the start of the comeback

Posted via CB10
    anon6113468 likes this.
    05-02-14 07:46 AM
    I guess because BlackBerry now allows headless apps, and many of the apps people want need to be headless..... it makes sense to see more headless apps.

Come back.... when a quarterly report comes out and shows BlackBerry is selling more devices or has some positive cash flow, then you can talk about a come back. Many taught that the introduction of the Z30 and the price cuts on the Z10 were making a change, and were going to see a turn around for BlackBerry. But neither made a blip in sales.
    05-02-14 08:07 AM
    I think it's mostly due to the fact that BlackBerry more recently integrated it in its developer tools.
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-02-14 08:07 AM
    A "come back" would be great! But, I'll believe it when I see Blackberry phones "come back" to the shelves of my local AT&T store.

I hope one day that it is "cool" to own a Blackberry again. I'd hate to be forced to make a decision on a different phone.
    05-02-14 08:17 AM
    I guess because BlackBerry now allows headless apps, and many of the apps people want need to be headless..... it makes sense to see more headless apps.

Come back.... when a quarterly report comes out and shows BlackBerry is selling more devices or has some positive cash flow, then you can talk about a come back. Many taught that the introduction of the Z30 and the price cuts on the Z10 were making a change, and were going to see a turn around for BlackBerry. But neither made a blip in sales.
    BlackBerry isn't expecting profits till 2016. It's a tough place to be. The positive is there are some positive articles starting on BB10 and less bashing articles. BES12, the z3, and release of 10.3 should help.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 08:19 AM
    Honestly I don't see BlackBerry making a comeback, at least not here in the states. Everyone dislikes BlackBerry. It's the laughing stock of phones here. People say that they would rather have a flip phone than a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 09:02 AM
    The name just carries a bad reputation now.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 09:02 AM
    Honestly I don't see BlackBerry making a comeback, at least not here in the states. Everyone dislikes BlackBerry. It's the laughing stock of phones here. People say that they would rather have a flip phone than a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    If people are actually saying they would rather have a flip phone then they are truly misinformed. Obviously this is the biggest problem that BlackBerry has right now so hopefully 10.3 is amazing and they back it up with an amazing all touch device and some amazing marketing to show people that BB10 is the best mobile OS on the market today.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 09:07 AM
    I agree. Although I've yet to see another BlackBerry device besides my own, I'm catching BB10 along with Apple/Android for different apps etc...

My favorite sport is baseball and on the MLB channel they always advertise their app and include BB10 as well as the other 2. It's a start imo.

I would love to see BlackBerry make a come back!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 09:12 AM
    Everyone dislikes BlackBerry. It's the laughing stock of phones here. People say that they would rather have a flip phone than a BlackBerry.
    That might be true in your neighborhood or circle of friends. What you say is not true of the entire United States, unless you surveyed everyone in the country.
    05-02-14 09:13 AM
    So what would dictate a comeback? 1st place in share? 2nd place? 3rd place?
    05-02-14 09:15 AM
    It can be hard being a BlackBerry user in this current state. I choose BlackBerry because it truly does serve me well and I am well informed about the other platforms since I like reading and playing with technology.

What is sadder for me, as a parent, is that my daughter does get some flak for being a BlackBerry user too at school. She is tough and doesn't really care (she is quite addicted to her Z10 after having two Android phones) but it can be annoying.

Wonder how many more people would carry BlackBerrys if there was less of this negative feedback. BlackBerry management really should start promoting the OS if they expect to rise up.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    Mr4aces and KCSFINEST like this.
    05-02-14 09:19 AM
    Well i do think there's an increasing interest from the app side, albeit might not yet be significant but steadily moving up.
    05-02-14 09:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hearing 1 person say it doesn't make it official. Plus last time I checked the us isn't the rest of the world

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    tjseaman and bborgimicks like this.
    05-02-14 09:35 AM
    Hearing 1 person say it doesn't make it official. Plus last time I checked the us isn't the rest of the world

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    It's same everywhere. People don't even consider it. And actually laugh at you. Heck even i had a bit of regret after i got my Z10. That crappy 3-4hr battery life has made me and my choice a laughing stock. I went to buy this phone under impression that i'll get more out of it, over my previous 9220 after 1.5 yrs. And this is what i've got. Friends laugh and make fun of my phone, because this pos heats up in 5 min of usage, and drains battery like its powering on a truck. I don't even know what to do, i'm stuck
    05-02-14 09:43 AM
    As much as i wand CB wants it to, I doubt BB will EVER beat android. Android = Windows PC, it has customization , all the programs, thusands of OEM's, just like windows, it has safely embedded itself at the top.

One could only imaging what damage iOS would do if apple would let iOS be on other devices. That would be a true war between android and iOS.

BlackBerry however should try and stay at number 3. Windows phone is horrific. Windows never really did well after Gates left IMO (other than Windows 7).
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    05-02-14 09:49 AM
    As much as i wand CB wants it to, I doubt BB will EVER beat android. Android = Windows PC, it has customization , all the programs, thusands of OEM's, just like windows, it has safely embedded itself at the top.

One could only imaging what damage iOS would do if apple would let iOS be on other devices. That would be a true war between android and iOS.

BlackBerry however should try and stay at number 3. Windows phone is horrific. Windows never really did well after Gates left IMO (other than Windows 7).
    8.1 is sweet. i tried it on my friend's phone. They provide updates as well. Try it sometime
    jh07 likes this.
    05-02-14 09:52 AM
    If people are actually saying they would rather have a flip phone then they are truly misinformed. Obviously this is the biggest problem that BlackBerry has right now so hopefully 10.3 is amazing and they back it up with an amazing all touch device and some amazing marketing to show people that BB10 is the best mobile OS on the market today.

Posted via CB10
    I know, but when ever I even try to say that, it doesn't matter they say apple is already better. So there is no point in trying BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 10:24 AM
    Key to comeback is to not go bankrupt in the short term. The rest will slowly take care of itself once world rediscovers BlackBerry and becomes fashionable to own a BlackBerry phone once more.
    BES 12 is key pillar for this to happen.

Posted via CB10 /w Z10
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    05-02-14 10:24 AM
    That might be true in your neighborhood or circle of friends. What you say is not true of the entire United States, unless you surveyed everyone in the country.
    Well entire Maryland I've seen 1 other BlackBerry 10 device. Since launch.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 10:25 AM
    It can be hard being a BlackBerry user in this current state. I choose BlackBerry because it truly does serve me well and I am well informed about the other platforms since I like reading and playing with technology.

What is sadder for me, as a parent, is that my daughter does get some flak for being a BlackBerry user too at school. She is tough and doesn't really care (she is quite addicted to her Z10 after having two Android phones) but it can be annoying.

Wonder how many more people would carry BlackBerrys if there was less of this negative feedback. BlackBerry management really should start promoting the OS if they expect to rise up.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    I'm like your daughter. A lot of people talk about it, and joke around why do I have a BlackBerry and you can't even argue with them. Because everyone has an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    05-02-14 10:27 AM
    I was watching NBA playoffs and BlackBerry commercial was on several times. Good to see although the message I got from the commercial was 25 hour battery life. Even with a power pack and the gazillion things we do on our phones today, 25 hours I think is a bit of a stretch. But still good to see the Company advertising during major events.
    05-02-14 10:28 AM
    I was watching NBA playoffs and BlackBerry commercial was on several times. Good to see although the message I got from the commercial was 25 hour battery life. Even with a power pack and the gazillion things we do on our phones today, 25 hours I think is a bit of a stretch. But still good to see the Company advertising during major events.
    Been watching a lot of the playoffs games. Haven't seen no commercial.
    Where do you live?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 10:31 AM
    Been watching a lot of the playoffs games. Haven't seen no commercial.
    Where do you live?

Posted via CB10
    OKC game 6 on TNT. It was on Canadian cable. Can't wait for Game 7. Who's Your team?
    05-02-14 10:36 AM
    OKC game 6 on TNT. It was on Canadian cable. Can't wait for Game 7. Who's Your team?
    Golden state, I'm a huge fan. Got my channel on BBM. And my lucky Warriors Case. We also got a game 7. If we win well be seeing you next round!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 10:38 AM
132 123 ...