Hey all, just read the article on active frames. I never leave mine open for fear of draining my battery or using up my data at a faster rate ( both if which are big problems when. Sitting g in an ambulance on the side of the road for hour!). So i'm wondering, any of you that do leave a number of apps open as active frames, do you find there is a greater drain on battery life and data? Thank's for the input!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 04:28 AM
    I leave active frames open (we call them frames. WIndows calls them tiles). Yes they probably use more battery and memory but Ive never done any scientific test. With my Z30, I leave at least three open all day long and my battery lasts for more than 24 hours. So its really a non-issue for Z30 users.
    Stwutter likes this.
    05-02-14 05:19 AM
    I usually close my apps on my Q10. Sometimes I keep them open if I want to continually reference an app. When I leave active frames open I do notice an increase of battery drain. How big that increase is depends on the app(s) I have open.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 06:45 AM
    Hey all, just read the article on active frames. I never leave mine open for fear of draining my battery or using up my data at a faster rate ( both if which are big problems when. Sitting g in an ambulance on the side of the road for hour!). So i'm wondering, any of you that do leave a number of apps open as active frames, do you find there is a greater drain on battery life and data? Thank's for the input!

Posted via CB10
    What BB have you got? Z30/Q10/Q5, I doubt leaving them open will make much noticeable difference as all have decent or very good batteries. However, if you have a Z10, I'd keep them closed if I were you - not got the greatest battery life, putting it mildly.
    05-02-14 06:49 AM
    Unless I'm multitasking between several apps,they get closed after I am done using the app.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 07:08 AM
    Unless I'm multitasking between several apps,they get closed after I am done using the app.

Posted via CB10
    This ^^^

Leaving them open is LAGGY

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 07:11 AM
    My suggestion is to have the possibility in "app permissions" to select which apps minimize and which close completely upon being swiped up.

Zed30
    05-02-14 07:52 AM
    What ii want is the ability to pin apps....Though there's only a couple apps I would want to do this for, and only occasionally.

What I would REALY like is dynamic icons. I want this so bad!... even though I only want it for my weather app icon.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 07:59 AM