Another update, yet no.ability to get notified when Someone you follow tweets something. Why? Is it really that hard? Does it have to be headless, is it not already? What is going on? When you email them, they say talk to BlackBerry, when you talk to BlackBerry no response. Who do we complain to? This is ridiculous!!!!!! Is it because of hub integration? Why? Am I the only person who wants this? I'm sick of it!!!!!!!!
    05-01-14 12:43 PM
    No official Twitter apps (made by Twitter) have that option.

The closest thing to having that ability will be Blaq and using the original active frame which notifies you of new tweets every 10 minutes.
    Rowan M likes this.
    05-01-14 12:51 PM
    Try submitting it in the Beta Zone app
    Weird they haven't answered on this yet, seeing as I've seen it mentioned around a lot already. Maybe it's the same reason we still don't see that landscape support
    Oh well

I don't think any of the official Twitter apps have that feature tho

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 12:52 PM
    We must be talking about 2 different things, even on bbos you can choose to receive a not I cation ( little bird icon) when someone you follow tweets, you can do enable that on android as well.

Example, when my kids school tweets that school is cancelled, I get notification on an Android, but don't on my BlackBerry. I have to manually check!! Not right
    05-01-14 01:06 PM
    You can enable or disable for anyone you follow, so you can choose who you want notifications from.
    05-01-14 01:07 PM
    Ohhh...you want notifications if one particular account tweets.

Didn't get that at first.

Best way is to make the suggestion within the Twitter for BB10 beta program.
    05-01-14 01:17 PM
    You can enable or disable for anyone you follow, so you can choose who you want notifications from.
    Ah, I get ya now

My bad

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 01:26 PM
    Thx
    05-01-14 02:11 PM
    Go to notifications, applications, twitter, customize for contacts, choose the twitter contact you want to be notified for, you're all set
    05-01-14 02:19 PM
    Really ealvnv? If this works, I owe you a beer
    05-01-14 02:36 PM
    Not working for me, does that work for you ealvnv?
    05-01-14 02:43 PM
    Pretty sure all this will do is set a custom notification for mentions, RT, favorites and stuff like that...not every tweet
    05-01-14 02:43 PM
    Really ealvnv? If this works, I owe you a beer
    That's how mine is set up
    05-01-14 02:51 PM
    I only use Twitter to keep up on the hashtag #GoZoe

Shame what happened to that girl.

Posted via CB10
    BillyBreathes likes this.
    05-01-14 03:23 PM
    YES!!! I have been screaming for this too. What is so difficult to get this implemented.

Z10
    05-01-14 08:54 PM
    Go to notifications, applications, twitter, customize for contacts, choose the twitter contact you want to be notified for, you're all set
    I've done this and every other possible thing. I've have never received a single tweet in my hub from anyone I follow. I hear some people say it's not possible..only DM and mentions. Other people say they get tweets in the hub.

Z10
    05-01-14 08:59 PM
    I leave my twitter open all the time. I get hub notifications all the time. I use BlackBerry twitter :s I dunno what to tell you
    05-01-14 09:01 PM
    Another update, yet no.ability to get notified when Someone you follow tweets something. Why? Is it really that hard? Does it have to be headless, is it not already? What is going on? When you email them, they say talk to BlackBerry, when you talk to BlackBerry no response. Who do we complain to? This is ridiculous!!!!!! Is it because of hub integration? Why? Am I the only person who wants this? I'm sick of it!!!!!!!!
    You can always have an account tweets sent to you via text. I have one account that whenever they tweet something I get a text message with the tweet they just posted.

To do this go to Twitter on your desktop, click on the gear icon up top, select settings, then click mobile. From there place the phone number you want to receive the tweets on and check the "Tweets from people you've enabled for mobile notifications". Make sure to save the changes.

Once you have your phone number stored go and find the person you want to receive the tweets from and open their page, again click on the gear icon that shows on their page, and then just click on the "turn on mobile notifications ". You will then receive all their tweets as they get posted.

This may not be exactly what you want but it does send a text message to you with what the tweet says.
    Last edited by jordan559; 05-01-14 at 09:42 PM.
    05-01-14 09:28 PM
    I leave my twitter open all the time. I get hub notifications all the time. I use BlackBerry twitter :s I dunno what to tell you
    You get notifications on tweets or DM and mentions?

Z10
    05-01-14 10:06 PM
    You get notifications on tweets or DM and mentions?

Z10
    Mentions and follows and if someone favorites a tweet of mine. I also get an email. Some times a little late but I get em. Settings > accounts > twitter and enable notifications? Make sure they're all on.
    05-02-14 02:45 AM
    I suggested this in the beta zone. Been wanting it for ages particularly useful for travel alerts.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 05:13 AM
    Also useful for receiving alerts from public safety agencies using twitter. Receiving alert tweets in the area about accidents kept me from falling behind.
    05-02-14 09:28 AM
    Yup, the best part of twitter are the alerts. I signed up for a beta zone account and suggested. Hope they listen
    05-02-14 09:16 PM