I am using BlackBerry 10 since the February 2013 and you know the beauty in it is every time I think that I have mastered it then suddenly a new trick came up and list goes on and on...

Few days back a man posted a thread here on crackberry saying my hub is too slow and when we ask him to check his last notification date he said April 2013 and he said he never wipe since the day first and using 10.1... so that is obvious that too much notification to handle and as there is no new leak so my hub was getting slow too hehehe

So I started to delete single notification and it took time to delete 30 notification and I have thousands

So I just accidentally press a date line in the hub what hub did he select all the notifications down that date... it is awesome now what I do I scroll down 30 days ago 1 April and long press on 1 April hub selected all notification below that so I deleted them and refresh by 5 swipe down and tada again hub is smooth a faster way to remove the notifications

Obviously BlackBerry has some minds to cover each corner

Found a new trick in BlackBerry 10-img_20140501_112303.png

Found a new trick in BlackBerry 10-img_20140501_112315.png

Found a new trick in BlackBerry 10-img_20140501_112345.png

Posted via CB10
    montberry and nightridah like this.
    05-01-14 05:30 AM
    It is helpful for me in deleting bunch of useless Facebook notifications in Facebook section of hub

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 05:31 AM
    I used it to delete 2247 work emails that were synced to my new Z30 in error.
    05-01-14 05:33 AM
    lol this is an old legacy BB feature even....glad you "discovered" it for yourself though
    LuisCast, PHughes and muellerto like this.
    05-01-14 05:38 AM
    I actually don't think this worked in prior os10 versions.
    This is the first thing I looked for, knowing I had it on my torch,but it didn't appear in bb10 until the last os for me.

The only problem is, I was afraid to use it, because I wasn't certain it would delete everything from that date, or just the contents on the screen

For instance, if I do a search for crackberry, and then hit the date, all those crackberry emails show, and then if I hit delete, will it only delete the crackberry posts?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 06:10 AM
    Edit....

I think the part that freaks me out, is that you can't scroll when they are highlighted, you have to have faith

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 06:12 AM
    I think you can also set you mail account to only go back 30 days as well
    05-01-14 06:28 AM
    I think you can also set you mail account to only go back 30 days as well
    This thread might help http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=925378

Tombstone - Combat Vets Motorcycle Assn - WWW.CVMAFLORIDA.ORG
    05-01-14 06:57 AM
    Yeah why can't u scroll and then deselect some? Imagine a scenario where you have 1000 messages but you don't want to delete a couple in the middle

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    05-01-14 10:12 AM
    Good to see you happy . I like it when I discover a trick.

Long pressing everywhere on bb10 might have a good result. You may find other tricks if you try long pressing here and there

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 02:14 AM
    I actually don't think this worked in prior os10 versions.
    This is the first thing I looked for, knowing I had it on my torch,but it didn't appear in bb10 until the last os for me.
    It's been there the whole time.

The only problem is, I was afraid to use it, because I wasn't certain it would delete everything from that date, or just the contents on the screen

For instance, if I do a search for crackberry, and then hit the date, all those crackberry emails show, and then if I hit delete, will it only delete the crackberry posts?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    If you do a search, long press the date, and choose Mark Prior Read or Delete Prior Messages, it will only mark read or delete what turns up in search.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 02:39 AM
    Yeah, i've been using this for a long then to keep my hub clean.

If you're scared of deleting other important things, then just slide out the tab and do it by account.

Much easier And you won't lose anything.

To be fair I am a bit of a clean freak and delete all my old texts and Facebook notifications and etc.

I know some people like to keep those.

Posted via Z69
    05-02-14 02:39 AM
    Swiping thru the stuffs, long pressing all the way!!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 02:40 AM
    WOW

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 02:45 AM