There has been talk about a next PlayBook coming out. I believe that if BlackBerry intends to enter such a competitive market they should have some niche over its competitors. Otherwise it's better for them to stay clear rather than go in weak & get beaten at it.

I believe that if & when BlackBerry should decide to develop a tablet it has to be able to ;

1. Replace the current computer so it must be able to run Windows or Mac applications. The reason being I do not want to carry too many devices around its just too heavy a burden.

2. It must be able to seamlessly integrate with my phone. This means that I'm able to access my phone from the tablet & vice-versa. It can be via wifi, blue tooth or any other forms of technology that makes it connected.

3. It must be able to access apps on my phone & vice-versa even though if it is only for BlackBerry phones 5 should be good enough for the beginning.

4. App data, contact & emails must be automatically synchronised between my tablet & phone.

5. It must be light weight.

6. It must have at least 500 GB storage not like the current tablets that has 8 or 16 or 32 or 64 GB storage.

7. It may not necessarily have to be able to connect to external Hard drives but memory card extention is a must.

8. Price range should be MYR 1,500 or USD 460 and below.

Otherwise I'm sure it will be destined to fail or being sidelined by others in the industry at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 08:14 PM
    Sounds like an iPad.

Oh wait, it is an iPad.

500GB in a small object cost too much for just a tablet.
    Cynycl likes this.
    04-30-14 08:52 PM
    I'm sure he is referring to Windows based tablet...

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 11:45 PM
    1.- Invisible
    2.- Intangible
    3.- Unspoken of

At least for a good year or two.
    04-30-14 11:49 PM
    1.- Invisible
    2.- Intangible
    3.- Unspoken of

At least for a good year or two.
    2. Is the stated objective of Microsoft for Windows..

Some of the others are not too far from achievement with a lightweight windows 8.1 tablet using a combination of cloud storage and a portable drive. The total weight of the package would be probably less than 5 pounds including a keyboard.

The price would probably be in the range of $1000. This does not look too bad for the person who wants to do real work.
    05-01-14 12:09 AM
    An ssd drive to power that would deter many because it would make the price ridiculous. That's just for the drive.. not including everything else. The going rate is right at a buck a gig so you're looking at $500 just for the drive.

Edit: BlackBerry would come out better offering cloud services similar to iCloud and Sky Drive. More efficient and doesn't cost as much for the consumer. Also, BlackBerry could create a new revenue stream.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 12:13 AM
    If BlackBerry is serious about catering to the medical field, then in my opinion they should design the tab around what they need first. Then do the necessary firmware mods for the average consumer.
    If they want different models, why not use the same idea as with phones. And pretty much make the same device in different finishes, cases, and screens rather than cheaping out on the memory.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 02:33 AM
    Sounds like an iPad.

Oh wait, it is an iPad.

500GB in a small object cost too much for just a tablet.
    Sorry Djlatino I think the iPad is far from this. I think currently there are no tablets close to this at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 06:26 AM
    2. Is the stated objective of Microsoft for Windows..

Some of the others are not too far from achievement with a lightweight windows 8.1 tablet using a combination of cloud storage and a portable drive. The total weight of the package would be probably less than 5 pounds including a keyboard.

The price would probably be in the range of $1000. This does not look too bad for the person who wants to do real work.
    I totally agree with you so this is a standard that has already been set by Windows tablets. If BlackBerry wants to compete then they will have to come out with something that brings value. Otherwise it's a waste of time & money.

The $1,000 price tag is way off. It will price itself out of the market as other windows based tablets of this configuration only cost $ 500 in the market. It is only the user interface that is not there yet.

If BlackBerry can have Android runtime, why not a windows runtime to enable windows apps?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 06:31 AM
    iOS and Android tablets dominate the market. Windows tablets are barely making a dent.
    If Blackberry comes out with anything other than an Android tablet it will fail.
    Blackberry had a small market with the first tablet. They have alienated most of the people that bought the Playbook so I doubt many of us will fall for it again.
    05-05-14 04:37 AM
    Windows tablet will emerge... I have now Dell Venue Pro 8 64GB 3G with full Windows OS and I found it very useful...

I'm sure a lot of people will find it too... it just only a matter of more exposure...

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 05:34 AM
    Sorry Djlatino I think the iPad is far from this. I think currently there are no tablets close to this at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    The only thing the ipad isn't here is the cost and the storage space
    05-07-14 04:48 PM
    I totally agree with you so this is a standard that has already been set by Windows tablets. If BlackBerry wants to compete then they will have to come out with something that brings value. Otherwise it's a waste of time & money.

The $1,000 price tag is way off. It will price itself out of the market as other windows based tablets of this configuration only cost $ 500 in the market. It is only the user interface that is not there yet.

If BlackBerry can have Android runtime, why not a windows runtime to enable windows apps?

Posted via CB10
    Windows OS isn't open source like android is (at least I don't think so), and a tablet that does everything that you said it should do would seem like it had to be way more than 500

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 05:14 PM
    Windows OS isn't open source like android is (at least I don't think so), and a tablet that does everything that you said it should do would seem like it had to be way more than 500

Posted via CB10
    The Asus tablet running on Windows 8 with 500 GB storage cost USD 550 in the market at the moment. If I'm not mistaken there are a few more in the market at the moment.

I remember Asus because I'm considering to get one.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 01:33 PM