Can you get the $5.00 monthly warranty on the Bold with AT&T?
    11-10-08 04:00 PM
    $5.00 a month gets you insurance. If you break, lose/get the phone stolen, you pay a $125 deductible to get it replaced
    11-10-08 04:04 PM
    No, I can't get. how its possible???
    11-10-08 04:19 PM
    $5.00 a month gets you insurance. If you break, lose/get the phone stolen, you pay a $125 deductible to get it replaced
    This is what a got too.
    11-10-08 04:31 PM
    yes you can get it, and what makes it even better is if you out right bought it, just mysteriously loose it, "like im planning on" and pay the $125 get a new one then return the outright one to the store for the retail.
    11-10-08 04:49 PM
    Don't you have to wait a full 30 days before you make a claim?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 06:20 PM
    yes you can get it, and what makes it even better is if you out right bought it, just mysteriously loose it, "like im planning on" and pay the $125 get a new one then return the outright one to the store for the retail.
    Yah, I am sure they never encountered that before....I guess they don't track things like IMEI and such.
    11-10-08 06:27 PM
    Don't you have to wait a full 30 days before you make a claim?

yes, you must wait 30 days to make a claim, and you are limited to a maximum of 2 claims per 12 month.
    11-10-08 06:44 PM
    That is immoral and illegal.
    11-10-08 07:02 PM
    How's that illegal?
    11-13-08 10:14 AM
    How's that illegal?
    I don't think it is legal. Could be wrong.
    11-13-08 10:27 AM
    Can they render a phone useless since they have the imei number? It would be way to easy to simply mysteriously lose your phone and get another one for only $125.

11-13-08 10:38 AM
    How's that illegal?
    Insurance fraud.
    11-13-08 11:19 AM
    Insurance fraud.
    If you are making a claim against insurance saying that you "lost the phone", pay the deductible and then get a new one it is insurance fraud. Besides being just plain wrong I think it would be illegal also. No better than doing a prat fall in a drug store and claiming an injury and getting money for it from the stores insurance company. If it was found out I think that you could be charged.
    11-13-08 11:30 AM
    ..and would it not be obvious to them that youre bullsh!tting once your supposed "lost" phone *~magically~* finds it's way back in your possesion....?
    11-13-08 11:30 AM
    Insurance fraud is illegal and you will be charged when caught.
    11-13-08 11:47 AM
    If I have insurance currently for the Curve and I buy a bold will the insurance cover the Bold
    11-21-08 07:06 PM
    Yes, it'll transfer to the bold.
    11-21-08 09:09 PM
    Can the insurance plan be purchased online, or do I have to go back to my ATT store for a purchase?
    11-21-08 11:20 PM
    It would be insurance fraud. It was also mentioned that when AT&T rescanned the product into their system, it would come up as a lost phone and track directly back to you via UPC and/or IMEI.
    11-21-08 11:30 PM
    Its so funny how many people we get in our store that "bought" phones online that are reported "lost or stolen" and they basically just lost all their money they spent.

Yes it is tracked, and you cant escape the system.

Do what those people did "sell it to someone else" and when they find out that ebay account is you...
    11-21-08 11:35 PM
    Same here.
    11-22-08 03:23 AM
    Its so funny how many people we get in our store that "bought" phones online that are reported "lost or stolen" and they basically just lost all their money they spent.

Yes it is tracked, and you cant escape the system.

Do what those people did "sell it to someone else" and when they find out that ebay account is you...
    I am assuming they will get charged full retail price for the "new" phone?

But I always thought ATT doesnt allow insurance for BB. Did they finally cave in or something? The lady asked me if I wanted but *knock on wood*, Ive never had any problems with my phones
    11-22-08 10:04 AM
    you could just unlock the phone and put another persons sim card in their and they would not know bc you unbranded the phone. Idk if you reported a phone lost or stolen that it would render it completely useless...
    11-23-08 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD