When typing in the browser, if I'm typing something similar to something I've typed before, the thing I typed before pops up as a suggestion. For example, if I typed something like, questions about installing custom air intake, the next time I start to type, questions about... the first thing pops up as a suggestion. how do I clear these suggestions out, and better yet, disable them?
    04-29-14 11:08 PM
    When typing in the browser, if I'm typing something similar to something I've typed before, the thing I typed before pops up as a suggestion. For example, if I typed something like, questions about installing custom air intake, the next time I start to type, questions about... the first thing pops up as a suggestion. how do I clear these suggestions out, and better yet, disable them?
    You can disable predictions by going to your Home screen > Settings > Language and Input > Prediction and Correction >and turn "Show Predictions" to 'Off'

To disable browser suggestions, click the menu option in the bottom right of the browser, and select "Settings" > Display and Actions > and turn "Search Suggestions" to 'Off'

Hopefully that helps!
    04-29-14 11:16 PM
    Both are off. Suggestions still pop up in the browser.
    04-29-14 11:33 PM
    Both are off. Suggestions still pop up in the browser.
    I would try a battery pull, or a hard restart. If that doesn't do it, I don't know what will.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 11:34 PM
    I think those suggestions in the settings are for the suggestions that come up while your typing something and Google ie suggest them
    Would like to know how to turn them off too, one of the reasons I mostly use private mode

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 11:37 PM
    Well if you're using Google you can go into the little settings button at the bottom of the page and in there you can set it to not save your search history then it won't show what you've searched last in the predictions but it will still show the Google predictions, don't know if that helps but it's kind of the same way the private browser handles the predictions but it still saves the history on your phone

Posted via the everlasting Z30 and of course CB10
    04-30-14 12:24 AM
    It's not google predictions, it's form data, and the only way to clear it is to 'delete cookies and other data' no way to disable it that I know of. Maybe I should browse in private mode and that will help? Dunno.
    05-02-14 07:53 AM