Cannot believe it took this long. Talked to the guy, sitting in Starbucks. Loves the thing. He too could not understand how more people don't know about this phone!

Posted via CB10
    haringfish, redsaph and brotherjus like this.
    04-29-14 03:53 PM
    It boggles my mind as well. Every person I've seen and talked to, besides one, said something along the same lines. What city was this in?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 03:55 PM
    It boggles my mind as well. Every person I've seen and talked to, besides one, said something along the same lines. What city was this in?

Posted via CB10
    Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 07:13 PM
    In 15 months, in a city of 3 million , in Canada, I have only seen 2 other Z10 other than mine and my daughter's.

I was given a loaner by my service provider when mine had to be repaired, faulty speaker, and the loaner has been sitting on my desk for 2 months after mine was returned. I have reminded them 6 times to pick it up. I guess they don't care it.

Another month and I will unlock it and give it to my son.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 07:47 PM
    First time I saw a Q10 in the wild was at a hospital. I was in the elevator and she pulled it out to BBM someone (I could tell from the sound) And boy I was jealous. (I had Sprint and they got it a little over a year late) She said it was the best phone she ever had and then I showed her my Dev Alpha C. She was amazed. haha.
    04-29-14 08:04 PM
    The only phone that I haven't seen other then my own is the Z30. Z10 and Q10 phones appear here and there always, maybe not in mass numbers but they are out there.
    04-29-14 08:26 PM
    At first it was slow going but now I see Z10, Q10 and Q5 all the time. I'm in Ottawa Canada so being a government town with somewhat of a high tech sector does help.

I know my wife and I are a BlackBerry family. She's got a Q10 and I'm still sporting the Z "Dieci" baby!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 08:43 PM
    In line at the Alamo car rental at Seatac airport last weekend. The guy in front of me had one; said he came from the iphone 5s and the Z10 was faster and more intuitive. And battery lasted 2 days!

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 12:10 AM
    Every time I tell someone I have a BlackBerry they say "those are so old!". Then I need to explain that a) there are new ones, and b) they are great. Talk about ineffective marketing.

I do wish the phones at least looked a but more modern/different, so at least it would be obvious that the Q10 is not the same as the old curves; maybe some new colours or something. This is why I wonder if the new BlackBerry "classic" is just going to come across as an updated Curve rather than something much newer and different.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 12:23 AM
    Every time I tell someone I have a BlackBerry they say "those are so old!". Then I need to explain that a) there are new ones, and b) they are great. Talk about ineffective marketing.

I do wish the phones at least looked a but more modern/different, so at least it would be obvious that the Q10 is not the same as the old curves; maybe some new colours or something. This is why I wonder if the new BlackBerry "classic" is just going to come across as an updated Curve rather than something much newer and different.

Posted via CB10
    The BlackBerry classic is going to come across as a BlackBerry Bold model. BlackBerry themselves have said that the Bold lineup is what the CLASSIC is aiming to replace.

So yes, people are going to continue to have this persecution that it's just another old BlackBerry. Which is just one of many reasons I'm not looking forward to the BlackBerry Classic and feel that it's a mistake.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 06:29 AM
    Same here, last week I pay my tim horton coffee with my z10 with the option "tap to pay".. and all the girl behind the counter came to see it, and said; what kind of phone can do that? I proudly reply.. It's a Blackberry ..lol

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 07:15 AM
    The BlackBerry classic is going to come across as a BlackBerry Bold model. BlackBerry themselves have said that the Bold lineup is what the CLASSIC is aiming to replace.

So yes, people are going to continue to have this persecution that it's just another old BlackBerry. Which is just one of many reasons I'm not looking forward to the BlackBerry Classic and feel that it's a mistake.

Posted via CB10
    I understand you. I have to disagree to some extent. Unfortunately corporations are still giving their employees 9900's. Spoke with an employee at a competitor bank and his coworkers love their BlackBerry 's. So I think classic will have a market. My employer now uses Good. It is the worst thing ever. I hate it so much, nothing even close to legacy BlackBerry BES. It just absolutely kills productivity. I think Classic is needed but will do nothing to help BlackBerry image of old devices.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 07:32 AM
    I've seen 10 not counting ones I've sold. Though if they're in cases I may not notice them

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
    04-30-14 09:11 AM
    I've yet to see another BlackBerry user in "real life". I live in Northern Cali (about an hour south of Apple & Google) so of course Iphones and Androids are the norm around here. So far, I'm the only one.

I do think that the Classic will look like the Bold, but I think that's what people think when they think of BB! I'll take it!

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 09:20 AM
    Other than two people in my church and the wife of a singing group that came to perform, I have not seen a Z10 in the wild. However our new IT guy saw what mine can do (the hub, finding attachments in the hub, flash support, responding directly to texts and emails from the lock screen and from apps, the speedy browser, etc), he is doing some reading up on it. He like so many others, believed the negative hype that BlackBerry was dead and or out of date.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    04-30-14 09:30 AM
    I understand you. I have to disagree to some extent. Unfortunately corporations are still giving their employees 9900's. Spoke with an employee at a competitor bank and his coworkers love their BlackBerry 's. So I think classic will have a market. My employer now uses Good. It is the worst thing ever. I hate it so much, nothing even close to legacy BlackBerry BES. It just absolutely kills productivity. I think Classic is needed but will do nothing to help BlackBerry image of old devices.

Posted via CB10
    Ya see this might be the case in the some markets but I'm in Canada and in my office, we have a good mix of phones. The majority of them being legacy BlackBerry yes that's true but only because we're in the process of having folks upgraded to BB10 or other devices of their choosing. As their devices die or they get spending approval to upgrade.

We've also implemented BES10 and MDM management solutions , so my coworkers are allowed to chose from BlackBerry, Android or iPhone. I'm happy to say that most everyone in my group has chosen to stick with BlackBerry, including myself. Almost every one has a Q10 except for me of course.

In fact, I was the first person in my office to have the Z10 the day it was launched in Canada. I haven't regretted a single moment with this device because it's that damn awesome!

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 11:36 AM
    I saw one, once, in a restaurant. I was getting up from my table and heard the text message sound. Naturally, I assumed it was mine lol

I was very surprised when I heard it again. I turned an looked and a girl in the corner booth had a white one. That has been my only sighting.

I don't have a Z10 anymore; I upgraded to the Z30. I love the sound and the battery, but it just doesn't feel as good to hold as my Z10 did. Wish I could buy a back cover that would square the phone off like the Z10; I really don't like the curved back of the Z30
    04-30-14 11:58 AM
    It's always kind of exciting when this happens lol.

I have seen a fair amount of Q10s in the wild here in Vancouver. But I finally saw 2 Z10s a few weeks ago. A black one and then a white one just like mine (which kind of annoyed me lol) on the bus I take in to work. I also just saw a red Q5 on public transit this weekend. Now I just need to spot a Z30 and I will have seen the entire bb10 family.
    04-30-14 12:12 PM
    Here in Kentucky, Louisville to be exact, I have never seen another BB10 device other than at a store. What is unusual about my church is that it is a small country church that has an average attendance of 85 on any given Sunday. What are the odds of three Z10's in a church that size in Kentucky, out in the middle of nowhere. There used to be a settlement called Polkville, but all that is left is the church.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    04-30-14 01:04 PM
    A year with my Z10 and haven't spotted any other Q's or Z's yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 02:05 PM
    I see them daily. Not in volume like other phones but maybe one or two a day. I'm in Toronto though. When I was in California last month I saw a bunch at movie studios as well in the offices.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 02:20 PM
    I work for a company owned by a telecom giant. I see all kinds of phones.

We are all issued company phones and as a perk we can pick and choose whatever type we want.

Sure the majority of our users carry those iDevices but there is also a large group carrying Z10/Z30s.

The telecom hardware manager who gets to test all kinds of phone carries a BlackBerry Z10 as her personal device. She recently switched back after carrying the Samsung 4 for a few months.

I hear her telling everyone to find anything that can surf faster or multi-task better.

She's the one who let me try the Z10 when they first came out.

The new OS is unbelievable.

Via my device connected to the Ethernet
    newcollector and dianap like this.
    04-30-14 02:36 PM
    Three guys at work have a Z10 (a forth person has a Q5). At my college, my professor has a Z10, a security dude has the Q10, and a classmate has the Q5. I've seen the Z10 once while on public transit but I drive for the most part.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 03:00 PM
    Last week when I want to see the London Eye I saw a guy using a black z10 and yesterday the 29th of April I saw another guy using a white z10. And like a month ago when I was walking to Iceland I saw I guy who dropped his phone and when he was about to pick it up I saw the blackberry features on it (good thing he had a case because with that the phone could have been completely destroyed

Posted by z10
    04-30-14 03:25 PM
    I saw a young lady using one in Sawgrass FL last month. Other than my office, that's the only one I have seen in the wild lately.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 03:51 PM
59 123