One seriously annoying thing with how Blackberry 10 handles phone voice commands, is the pointless confirmation to "call the person now".

If I say "Call John Doe on mobile", it's evident that I just want to call John Doe NOW. Not later. (how would that even work LOL). What else am I going to say? No? If I don't want to call someone "now", then why would I even say the command???

I get it if it ask me to confirm which phone number that I want to call if I don't specify it, or there are multiple work or mobile #'s stored for the same contact. That's a no-brainier.

I just don't get the point of the "Call this person now?" confirmation. It really slows down the process of calling people when using voice commands.

Sorry. Done venting about this. Just wish there were a way to stop this from happening.
    DocDRM likes this.
    04-28-14 04:29 PM
    Maybe it is saving you an embarrassing phone call to someone whose name is SIMILAR to the person you want to call???

Ever make a phone call you wanted to take back? Until you have, you don't know how good confirmation is!
    04-28-14 04:33 PM
    Try having an Australian accent. It's a confirmation to check that it got the name right, and 9 times out of 10, for me it gets it wrong.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 04:35 PM
    Extremely annoying! I've wanted to make your post for several months now.

I use voice dialing a lot as I spend many miles and hours on the road as a road warrior/sales/consulting.

The whole voice control needs a stepped/tiered assistance model: 1) full confirmations and assistance 2) medium confirmation and assistance 3) minimum confirmation and assistance. Always easy to tap Red X/cancel/stop/end whatever if I notice it making a mistake.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 04:54 PM
    It is annoying, but the confirmation is necessary to know it picked up the right name

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 05:03 PM
    Better safe than sorry I guess if you do call the wrong person inadvertently.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    04-28-14 05:06 PM
    Agree there definitely needs to be a CHOICE as to what assistance model someone wants/needs.

I've been using voice commands on smartphones for almost a decade now and NO other platform requires you to confirm if you want to call someone "now" after JUST confirming the phone number/person in the previous step.

And no, personally I don't change my mind enough times to warrant having to confirm that every friggin' time!

A perfect resolution to this is to give us more options. Let the USER decide what level of assistance they want like @DocDRM said.
    04-28-14 05:08 PM