OK guys i had a few friends laugh at me because i picked up the older blackberry and they stated that i should have picked up the new one for a better experience . I was able to play with the blackberry 10 OS devices for a while and they were nice, but in all honesty i liked how the BB7.1 system structure flowed and how it did things . the devices running the older systems i feel are more work oriented and i liked that there were dedicated buttons for the menu and back . also i found that battery life was just over all better i am not really using the 9900 as a media/entertainment device but more for work and a little social work . so im a BB 7.1 user 4ever i will go down with my sinking ship lol
    acovey, Mr4aces, lkanaday and 4 others like this.
    04-27-14 04:39 PM
    The bold is great device just minus the damn camera but that's a know issue. Personally I have 3 blackberry devices not including my playbook but again my love for the bold 9900 will never dye that is part of the reason why I went and got a Q10 because when you jump over to the BBOS 10 for me there was a something is missing kind of feeling that I had when I would use the Z10. But the 9900 is one of the best devices blackberry has made!
    04-27-14 04:49 PM
    Lets not forget that BB 7 is more customizable.
    Should we have to buy a $3 app to change the color of the notification LED or wait for update 10.7.1.3678 six years from now for the return of Auto Bcc? No... Because everything that BB 7 has should have been carried over to BB 10 right down to the number or ring and alert tones...

My Q10 just doesn't feel like a $400 -$500 device in comparison to even a simple 9310 or 8530. The lack of customizations make it feel like I have someone else's phone...
    04-27-14 05:09 PM
    Saying your sticking with os7 is like refusing to get off xp, grow up, upgrade and embrace change, you know how moving makes you realize how much crappie you own but don't need? Changing your digital habits does the same

Via Z10
    04-27-14 05:18 PM
    Saying your sticking with os7 is like refusing to get off xp, grow up, upgrade and embrace change, you know how moving makes you realize how much crappie you own but don't need? Changing your digital habits does the same

Via Z10
    I agree once you make that change over you won't look back at all!
    04-27-14 06:40 PM
    There are still many users on BBOS 7 .
    Why ? - It is getting the job done , without bells and whistles.

Do you want the " Creme de la Creme " ?
    Then get the Z30.

Don't get bogged down by the useless debates of which is better .
    Go with what works best for you.
    Soul_Est, acovey, Mr4aces and 4 others like this.
    04-27-14 10:35 PM
    Before going for my current zed10, I can from older BlackBerry phones which included 9700 and 9900.

I can safely say I have no reason to go back to 9900 as I'm very happy and contented with my zed10. But, this goes without saying that I loved my 9900 (except of course for its camera function) .

But, then again, to each his own, and whatever floats your boat.

As long as it's a BlackBerry, it's more secured than others

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 11:15 PM

Via Z10
    Not all of us feel BB10 is an upgrade, BBOS works with my OLD XP computer and I have the ability to adjust many more settings than a BB10 device. BB10 is getting better BUT Blackberry has not made a BB10 device I like better than my 9810.
    BUT I'm glad Blackberry has many choices, so pick the one that works for you and let others pick the Blackberry they want.
    04-28-14 12:47 AM
    I recommend uploading Hybrid RC21 works great

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lution-927122/
    04-28-14 01:23 PM
    The 9900 is a solid piece. For communication, it's very good. However the camera is not so good to take pictures of business card or documents. The browser is slow compared to bb10.

? CB10 ?
    04-28-14 01:42 PM
    Hey rich trust me man I really want to switch to BB10 But u just don't feel like the ergonomics of the system. I do feel that blackberry should have transition. Some of the things in bb10 in there older devices because the switch from 7.1 to BB10 WAS EXTREAM . look at apple they have a good OS and each upgrade was minor upgrades . I feel that blackberry should have had a dual mode OS where one mode was simple and one mode was advance and had menus ,BUT still maintain or slowly upgrade the architecture and try to also build on an already large android app store by making the OS more friendly to apk files . I just don't understand how blind blackberry was so blind to see the trend and direction. Of future phones . if and this is a major if blackberry company is sold or shut down it was there doing and no one else the writing was in the wall in the sky and in the ground they got emails faxes and text telling them to change and hurry up and they could have if they wanted . sorry for the error's typing in my phone lol

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Soul_Est likes this.
    04-28-14 04:34 PM
    my bbb9930 (verizon unlocked) has a camera. ahh yes, but with unlocked it is unsupported (they will still try to help you).
    04-29-14 03:43 AM
    Glad you like your bb. I never owned a BlackBerry from that generation but I remember when it was released and how I thought it was a beautiful looking phone.

I actually didn't end up getting one because I trialed one in a bell store and found the browser was really slow. At the time browsing power was a huge importance for me. I eventually ended up with an iPhone. In retrospec I think I would have really enjoyed the bb if I gave it more time

Posted via my Z30
    04-29-14 09:01 AM
    Good on you for sticking with BlackBerry. I couldn't for the life of me even think of going back to my Os7 though. I was so sick of it that I would have dropped BlackBerry if BB10 had not launched. My Z30 is the best phone I have ever owned though.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    04-29-14 09:29 AM
    I agree that my old Bold9900 did email and phone well. If that's all I wanted - I would probably have stuck with it. I would of course still have had to continue to reboot the phone every few days to reset the memory leaks.

For the other 998 things a smartphone can do, the Z30 hits it out of the park. No comparison.

It all depends on what you use a smartphone for.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 09:37 AM
    There's no arguing taste. I went back to a Bold because of the trackpad keyboard.
    Not any great love for OS7. I do plan to upgraded to a OS10 device,
    Just as soon as the “New and improved,sames only different “classic”/Q20 comes out.
    Last edited by Bookshelf; 04-29-14 at 07:50 PM.
    rayporsche and acovey like this.
    04-29-14 12:29 PM
    BlackBerry should release the option to have a theme that looks like the old BB7 devices. Changing from BB7 to BB10 is a pain in the a$$.

I think it was only easy for me because I read CB every day lol

Star Wars fan? Come join us C00121E8E
    04-29-14 12:51 PM
    There ain't nothing wrong with sticking to a BBOS device, nothing wrong at all, and especially if you live in a rural area that doesn't have 3G. Why buy a super-advanced fancy phone and then you can't even use 10% of the features/apps without a Wifi connection because you only get GSM coverage?
    Soul_Est, afl777 and bborgimicks like this.
    04-29-14 03:00 PM
    Final result for me was I technically didn't pick 9930 over the Q10, as I have both...but I am currently using my 9930 (purchased new late last year) because I find I prefer to have the toolbelt. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Q10 too... So I'm hoping that the "new classic" will have the ALL the features I love on the 9930 and the BB10 OS... If so, I'll buy two of them!
    acovey likes this.
    05-01-14 12:21 AM
    I think if 9900 came with bb10 then I would grow to like it I guess the one thing I did not like about the new bb10 there was no scroll device like the 9900 yes I know they are all touch screen but being able to type and scroll with out having to leave the keyboard area is important because that's what make 9900 great and fast as far as productivity.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    acovey likes this.
    05-01-14 02:50 AM
    The new Classic will hopefully be awesome and blow us all away but I expect BlackBerry to launch it at a ridiculously high price so many people won't be able to justify buying it off contract for at least a year after it's released

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 08:16 AM
    The new Classic will hopefully be awesome and blow us all away but I expect BlackBerry to launch it at a ridiculously high price so many people won't be able to justify buying it off contract for at least a year after it's released

Posted via CB10
    I hope not. I think if one of BB's goal is to put more devices in users hands, then they may price it comparative to other "high" end phones. Price it too cheap- some will question it's quality and still may not purchase. Consumers can be so unpredictable at times.
    05-01-14 12:05 PM
    Had it not been for the poor camera ( by today's standards), I too would've stayed with the 9900....hAd mines for about 3 years and never had any serious issues with it. And I could still have a few of the apps that are not supported on the os10!!

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-01-14 12:10 PM
    I still enjoy the keyboard on the 9900 more than any other Blackberry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    andy957 likes this.
    05-01-14 02:08 PM
    I still enjoy the keyboard on the 9900 more than any other Blackberry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    And never any double typing issues!!

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-01-14 02:16 PM
42 12