I just wanted to post and ask if anyone is working on a tool for archiving BBM messages. I would like to keep a history of my entire BBM conversation, but the tools available don't seem to allow for it. I have tried the email conversation or copy chat, but that simply copies a particular segment of the conversation. It would be really nice to be able to backup a conversation that will not be deleted if you lose that contact by accident or on purpose.

Currently I take screen shots of the conversation, painful and time consuming, and not the best use of memory, but it does work. It was nice on BBOS where you could actually backup conversations using the Desktop backup utility and if you needed it back you simply restored the conversation to the phone. I would use a separate phone for that so I would not lose current data, but that worked for me as well. Blackberry Protect allowed some of that functionality as well.

Am I alone I wanting to backup or keep a history of my BBM messages?
    04-25-14 11:07 AM
    I know you can copy an individual chat - use the "copy chat" option and then past it into a doc or note.

But yes a way to archive an individual chat or all chats with an individual users would be useful as a built-in option. Don't think I'd want an 3rd party app being able to access BBM.
    04-25-14 11:38 AM
    Yes the copy chat feature works for a particular portion of the chat. if you have a longer chat than that segment it copies you are out of luck, grin.

YES Built in function would be preferred for sucurity! I liked it as part of the backup tool from Blackberry Desktop manager in BBOS. If BBLink would provide some of that functionality it would be great. I would not mind restoring it to backup phone. I'd like to keep the conversation even if the person I had a conversation with removed me as a contact or I removed them, accidently or purposefully.

I have had some conversations disappear when someone "accidently" deleted me as contact.

I know you can copy an individual chat - use the "copy chat" option and then past it into a doc or note.

But yes a way to archive an individual chat or all chats with an individual users would be useful as a built-in option. Don't think I'd want an 3rd party app being able to access BBM.
    04-25-14 12:22 PM
    Why the heck BlackBerry does not have a cloud service , where all our data could be saved. Take a look at iOS for instance. You do not need to worry about backing up . You set up your cloud service once - and from that point it all goes automatically to the cloud.
    Shame is they R not even doing anything in that department - new ****ty icons and flat puke design are more important.
    05-17-14 02:57 AM
    Well I just switch my sim from my z10 to an iPhone.. logged into BBM on Apple's phone to check something. Then took sim back to BBry. Logged in... and all my stuff gone. No BBM contacts no conversations - nothing.
    I have to admit though - I am on all the leaks available. Will put back 10.2.1 to see if there is any difference.
    Last edited by CarronA; 05-17-14 at 06:46 AM.
    05-17-14 04:41 AM