I'm looking for some help with the LinkedIn App. It had working fine until the couple of weeks, now it won't update. Says my cache has been used for the day. But it hasn't updated since. I have restarted, battery pull, and deleted and reinstalled the app.

Anyone else have this problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 09:33 PM
    I've never had that per se, but there are definite issues to do with LinkedIn clearing its cache recently.

For example right now per Device Monitor, I have LinkedIn at 5.7MB for the app and 54.7MB of cached data. Yay.
    I think viewing contacts' profile pictures enlarged might be partially to blame.

Only fix I've found is to delete the app and reinstall it, if the cache reaches problematic levels.
    The trick is to perform a device reset after deleting the app and before you reinstall. (NOT the same as a restart.)

Hold down your top button for about 30 seconds. Keep pressing it down, ignoring onscreen countdown and restart option, BB splashscreen, and black screen. The red LED will turn on. As soon as LED turns off, release the top key.

Was anything better after that reboot?

Ftr, I don't want to exaggerate the issue. I've done this once or twice in 5 months. Hopefully this helps you out!
    04-25-14 01:13 AM
    Hi, there are a few threads on this already. I had the problem for 2 days but working fine now.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 04:31 AM
    There's gotta be a better way lol. I'd be shocked if LinkedIn doesn't release an update addressing this soon enough.
    05-02-14 10:38 AM
    This issue is ridiculous. Has anyone found another way of dealing with this other than deleting and reinstalling? How can an embedded native app have such a stupid issue!!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 11:31 AM
    Funny thing now is that I tried the fix above, and now I can't even re-install LinkedIn. BlackBerry World thinks I still have it and says "Open" instead of "Download". Weird

*UPDATE*

I went to the settings>general in BlackBerry World and selected "Refresh BlackBerry World" and then was able to install LinkedIn again
    Last edited by curlin31; 05-04-14 at 10:35 AM.
    05-04-14 10:20 AM
    I had an app update this past week and it seems to be working now.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 10:47 PM