Hey all!

After CrackBerry featured my second BlackBerry 'Classic' Renderings, I received mixed comments. I appreciated all the constructive ones, and many of you had GREAT suggestions.

Firstly, My second design lacked a 1:1 ratio. This was intentional, in order to refrain from making the device too tall. It also lacked "originality" to some degree. It was a modified BlackBerry 9900, not a Q10. But I digress.

Tonight, I put together my revamped version of what I want to see the BlackBerry Classic (AKA Q20) to turn out like.

I decided not to include an OS on the phone, just a plain wallpaper (Attached below for anyone who wants it!)

I moved the Volume, and Power / Sleep / Wake Button to the side. This allows the user ease of access considering the device gained some hight with it's 3.5" 1:1 screen.

Obviously I cannot please everyone, but my intentions are to bring a new, yet Classic, Original design to the table. With more square corners, a leather back, and an easier to use lowered keyboard.

Check out the designs below, and let me know 1: Which design you preferred of MINE, 2: What you want to see in the BlackBerry Classic.

As always, don't forget to hit "Like" / "Thanks"!

*Please do NOT copy, distribute, or claim these renderings. If you'd like to feature them elsewhere, please request permission from me below! Thanks!*
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry 'Classic' Revamped Renderings By DHabkirkDesigns-front.png   BlackBerry 'Classic' Revamped Renderings By DHabkirkDesigns-back_final.png   BlackBerry 'Classic' Revamped Renderings By DHabkirkDesigns-1ffd1af4-dc92.jpg  
    Last edited by DYLANHABKIRK; 04-25-14 at 11:30 PM.
    04-23-14 09:58 PM
    Now that looks quite classic.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    04-23-14 10:05 PM
    I love it! It looks very 'natural' - as in, nothing looks odd or out of place on it. The tool belt just fits. And I adore the back! Reminiscent of the Bold 9000 with its classy, elite leather back. I'd rock this in a second! Thanks, DylanHabkirk!
    bullnuke7532 and DYLANHABKIRK like this.
    04-23-14 10:10 PM
    This is beautiful, too. But I prefer your earlier render, I'd buy that one.

How about Version 1 with the screen height of Version 2?

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    04-23-14 10:18 PM
    Thank you, I love this. :-)

Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2234
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    04-24-14 03:07 AM
    I love both of these. I'd prolly take this just for the larger screen though.

I just have one idea. Maybe change the "Classic" font? It just looks too simple haha very small detail but I think currently the back looks weird with that font. If i'm wrong please someone tell me! Not trying to bash. Love your designs man
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    04-24-14 08:32 AM
    I love both of these. I'd prolly take this just for the larger screen though.

I just have one idea. Maybe change the "Classic" font? It just looks too simple haha very small detail but I think currently the back looks weird with that font. If i'm wrong please someone tell me! Not trying to bash. Love your designs man
    Thanks for the feedback! The font is actually the same as used on the Bold 9900 where it said "Bold" on the back of the device. I put it there to resemble the original designs where the device name was branded on the back.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 09:30 AM
    Sexy!!!!!! Love the leather detail on the back. I'd rather have the classic logo written in a different font and have it slightly reduced. Otherwise looks really nice! Congratulations!

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    04-24-14 11:23 AM
    Am I the only one who can't get over the toolbelt on top of a straight keyboard? A toolbelt, in my humble opinion of course, should have a curved keyboard. I'm really curious as to how BlackBerry is going to handle the Classic.
    04-24-14 12:39 PM
    Am I the only one who can't get over the toolbelt on top of a straight keyboard? A toolbelt, in my humble opinion of course, should have a curved keyboard. I'm really curious as to how BlackBerry is going to handle the Classic.
    Kindly, I really don't understand that logic. What is the issue with a straight toolbelt and straight keyboard? It's already been done by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 01:28 PM
    This looks wonderful. I really hope the final device looks just like this. Lives up to the 'Classic' moniker. Well done! Beautiful rendering.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    04-24-14 01:34 PM
    Hey all!

After CrackBerry featured my second BlackBerry 'Classic' Renderings, I received mixed comments. I appreciated all the constructive ones, and many of you had GREAT suggestions.

Firstly, My second design lacked a 1:1 ratio. This was intentional, in order to refrain from making the device too tall. It also lacked "originality" to some degree. It was a modified BlackBerry 9900, not a Q10. But I digress.

Tonight, I put together my revamped version of what I want to see the BlackBerry Classic (AKA Q20) to turn out like.

I decided not to include an OS on the phone, just a plain wallpaper (Attached below for anyone who wants it!)

I moved the Volume, and Power / Sleep / Wake Button to the side. This allows the user ease of access considering the device gained some hight with it's 3.5" 1:1 screen.

Obviously I cannot please everyone, but my intentions are to bring a new, yet Classic, Original design to the table. With more square corners, a leather back, and an easier to use lowered keyboard.

Check out the designs below, and let me know 1: Which design you preferred of MINE, 2: What you want to see in the BlackBerry Classic.

As always, don't forget to hit "Like" / "Thanks"!

*Please do NOT copy, distribute, or claim these renderings. If you'd like to feature them elsewhere, please request permission from me below! Thanks!*
    Try applying the 3 rows keyboard