So Nokia is trying to get people to switch from "old and "slow"" BlackBerry's to Nokia Lumia phones.

Check out the blog post -----> Ditch that BlackBerry switch to Nokia Lumia Windows Phone | NokNok.tv <-----

as you see I already commented on the video and i trust you guys to do the same.

BlackBerry has been giving Nokia some words of their own on Twitter. Thanks donmateo for letting us know :P
    https://twitter.com/BlackBerry
    Last edited by khehl; 04-22-14 at 04:42 PM.
    04-22-14 04:07 PM
    A small thing that bugs me a bit is seeing a company spell BlackBerry wrong. It has two capital B's, not just one. (This goes for self proclaimed fan boys too, it's really not that hard.)

How can you slander a company, and not even spell their name correctly? Unless it's part of the slander, I think it makes them look even less intelligent. On top of trying to besmirch BlackBerry by saying their devices are slow and dated, when basic tests would prove the contrary.

The funny part is, Nokia, and Windows Phones are two of the things I will never buy. Especially in conjunction.
    04-22-14 04:16 PM
    A small thing that bugs me a bit is seeing a company spell BlackBerry wrong. It has two capital B's, not just one. (This goes for self proclaimed fan boys too, it's really not that hard.)

How can you slander a company, and not even spell their name correctly? Unless it's part of the slander, I think it makes them look even less intelligent. On top of trying to besmirch BlackBerry by saying their devices are slow and dated, when basic tests would prove the contrary.

The funny part is, Nokia, and Windows Phones are two of the things I will never buy. Especially in conjunction.
    Spelling! = capitalization.

Posted via CB10
    richardat likes this.
    04-22-14 04:27 PM
    I just left a comment on their YouTube video.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    04-22-14 04:29 PM
    BB has been firing back on Twitter all day. lol
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    04-22-14 04:30 PM
    BB has been firing back on Twitter all day. lol
    haha really?
    04-22-14 04:31 PM
    haha really?
    They definitely have.

Nokia taking a jab at BlackBerry.-img_20140422_173258.png
    Nokia taking a jab at BlackBerry.-img_20140422_173307.png

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 04:33 PM
    Apparently I should have looked at the page itself.

The video itself seems fair. Just a simple instructional video, targeted to people that bought a new Lumia. Nothing slanderous there. The page itself takes a small jab.
    04-22-14 04:35 PM
    I don't really see the slander. I was expecting from the title for this to be some advertisement extolling the Lumia's virtues in comparison to the "old and slow" Blackberry. This seems to just be a simple instructional video, targeted to people that bought a new Lumia. That they have specifically laid out a video for how to transfer from a Blackberry seems nice of them.

I didn't hear him say slow, maybe I missed it. And if you previously had a Blackberry and replaced it with a new Lumia, then it would be your old Blackberry. Seemed like a fair video aimed at a very small target audience of people that already own a lumia and previously used a Blackberry.
    look at the blog post, I highlighted it for ye :P
    04-22-14 04:39 PM
    look at the blog post
    My mistake. I retract my previous comment. Although as far as jabs go, not that bad. The video itself is fine.
    04-22-14 04:41 PM
    My mistake. I retract my previous comment. Although as far as jabs go, not that bad. The video itself is fine.
    video is fine for sure. I should have worded the post differently :P
    04-22-14 04:43 PM
    Funny from a company that was left for dead and sold out to Microsoft. Since the 90s Nokia was nothing in North America and quickly dying overseas.

No matter now that Microsoft has it will suffer the same fate as the zune. The Ui of windows phone is absolute garbage. I have yet to are anyone have one Around here. Only in mall kiosk displays..

What's with the accent! $10 says it's all an act..
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    04-22-14 04:48 PM

Simple thing, that. Autocorrect often changes words typed, and they get missed in the posting of a thread. It's an easy fix for the mod team, if we know about it. Picking a bone over minor details derails a thread unnecessarily.
    04-22-14 04:52 PM
    Seeing BlackBerry yell at other companies is adorable.

Funny from a company that was left for dead and sold out to Microsoft. Since the 90s Nokia was nothing in North America.

No matter now that Microsoft had it will suffer the same fate as the zune..
    If you actually think that the amount of time and money and resources that Microsoft has put into Windows Phone are the same as what they did with the Zune, then all I'm left with is to assume that you aren't informed on Microsoft at all. Although, by assuming that the reason that Nokia sold it's D&S division to Microsoft was because they were "left for dead" kinda proves that you don'tm Also, I'm not sure when North America became the world, but until a few years ago, Nokia was the #1 phone seller on the entire planet for like... years. The 3310 was the most sold phone of all time, but yeah, screw Nokia right?
    JeepBB and cckgz4 like this.
    04-22-14 04:56 PM
    They definitely have.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140422_173258.png 
Views:	2978 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	264968

Name:	IMG_20140422_173307.png 
Views:	2979 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	264969

Posted via CB10
    Finally!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 04:58 PM
    They definitely have.

Name:	IMG_20140422_173258.png 
Views:	2978 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	264968

Name:	IMG_20140422_173307.png 
Views:	2979 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	264969

Posted via CB10
    I like how they're citing BGR, when most of their fan base (at least based on what I've seen here) constantly talks about how unreliable they are.
    cckgz4 and JeepBB like this.
    04-22-14 05:00 PM
    Funny from a company that was left for dead and sold out to Microsoft. Since the 90s Nokia was nothing in North America and quickly dying overseas.

No matter now that Microsoft has it will suffer the same fate as the zune. The Ui of windows phone is absolute garbage. I have yet to are anyone have one Around here. Only in mall kiosk displays..

What's with the accent! $10 says it's all an act..
    I would say the same like Apple commercials but this was done by Nokia UK
    04-22-14 05:00 PM
    You should do your research on Nokia and the money they were bleeding. Go back four years the writing was in the wall what was coming. They sure didn't sell because they're #1.

But again you think windows phone is taking over the world. It's never taken off and never will..

But you keep telling yourself Microsoft has a new cash cow.. It will die another slow death. They're to late to the game to try and shift into the Mobile space and try to tap into another revenue stream. Just because they're a 1000lb gorilla with tons of cash doesn't mean a thing..
    04-22-14 05:02 PM
    I like how they're citing BGR, when most of their fan base (at least based on what I've seen here) constantly talks about how unreliable they are.
    This article actually has facts unlike a lot of their posts. 'New Relic" is a pretty reliable source. BGR and Engadget have kind of changed their tune a bit towards BlackBerry which is good as well.
    04-22-14 05:02 PM
    You should do your research on Nokia and the money they were bleeding. Go back four years the writing was in the wall what was coming. They sure didn't sell because they're #1.

But again you think windows phone is taking over the world. It's never taken off and never will..

But you keep telling yourself Microsoft had a new cash cow.. It will die another slow death...
    I can't really say much because BB10 hasn't taken off either. But Microsoft should can that cluttered homescreen. It's a big turn off.
    Donnierock and jh07 like this.
    04-22-14 05:04 PM

But you keep telling yourself Microsoft had a new cash cow.. It will die another slow death...

You can keep saying that until you're blue in the face, but that is not the reason they bought Nokia. I've never once said that it's taking of all over the world, so I'm not sure why you would lie like that, but whatever. I guess the hundreds of articles over various sites about how Windows phone is poised to gain decent amounts if market share and how 13 OEMs have already signed up ( with 6 already having working prototypes) mean nothing. To say that Zune=WP just simply isn't true, so I would stop saying it unless you want to seem uninformed.
    04-22-14 05:07 PM
    You can keep saying that until you're blue in the face, but that is not the reason they bought Nokia. I've never once said that it's taking of all over the world, so I'm not sure why you would lie like that, but whatever. I guess the hundreds of articles over various sites about how Windows phone is poised to gain decent amounts if market share and how 13 OEMs have already signed up ( with 6 already having working prototypes) mean nothing. To say that Zune=WP just simply isn't true, so I would stop saying it unless you want to seem uninformed.
    You seemed to think a phone that sold over 150million in 2000 is relevant still. That market was dead ages ago for Nokia.

Having OEMs means nothing thousands of products have failed regardless of who backed them. Means absolutely nothing. Microsoft has had tons of flops not just referencing zune that was backed with billions.

They bought Nokia control their platform. Regardless they only have one shot to make their WP take off. Wp7 already flopped once. The Os is cluttered, no real app selection, perception etc. Much of which BlackBerry suffers as well..

Both are hard to spot in the wild and more so WP..
    thisiscjay likes this.
    04-22-14 05:20 PM
    Well in some ways Nokia/Microsoft are correct. Nothing on earth is slower to start up than a Blackberry. What exactly a Blackberry is doing that takes it so long is anyone's guess. Then there is the old and backward aspects of Blackberry, like the pathetically poor background network connection management that even the capabilities of a seven year old Nokia feature phone would embarras the newest Blackberry. Do we even need to go there with maps? Nokia Maps/Here is the gold standard in mobile navigation that everyone else aspires too, especially BlackBerry.

Some people need to pull their heads out of the sand and take a reality check, your beloved BlackBerry is a long way off being the all conquoring supreme mobile phone. It is left wanting in many aspects some of wgich Nokia clearly win over.
    byex likes this.
    04-22-14 05:23 PM
    You seemed to think a phone that sold over 150million in 2000 is relevant still. That market was dead ages ago for Nokia.

Having OEMs means nothing thousands of products have failed regardless of who backed them. Means absolutely nothing. Microsoft has had tons of flops not just referencing zune that was backed with billions.

They bought Nokia control their platform. Regardless they only have one shot to make their WP take off. Wp7 already flopped once. The Os is cluttered, no real app selection, perception etc. Much of which BlackBerry suffers as well..

Both are hard to spot in the wild and more so WP..
    You're messing with a company that was more than 80 billion of cash and 332 billion marketing cap. WP7 may have been a flop but NO ONE cam deny that Microsoft can have many flops and still get to the one of top players. Microsoft isn't a poor company that isn't loosing money every quarter. Microsoft's advantage is time, money and a ecosystem something BB doesn't have
    kbz1960 and cckgz4 like this.
    04-22-14 05:31 PM
    I don't have statistic evidence but haven't Windows based phones always been a weak seller? I don't recall Windows mobile ever having a big market share, even with BlackBerry's current state.

emPowered by ?
    04-22-14 05:38 PM
106 123 ...