I have been without my 3 year old BB 9900 for 3 weeks now. So I jumped on this site to learn about a replacement phone. After spending countless hours on CB I decided to buy another 9900 until the Classic comes out.

So I have been using a cheap Alcatel (free) and my wife's Samsung S4. I bought her the S4 only because she has gone swimming with the last 2 iphones and nothing to do with performance or apps. Well you all know the Alcatel is a joke my 11 year old nephew wouldn't even use it.

The Sansung S4 is very hard to use.
    1. I hate typing with 1 finger,
    2.Takes forever to learn how to do ANYTHING especially copy and paste,
    3.To navigate on the web it is a pain if you want to switch between multiple pages,
    4. I basically have to perform more functions to the ssme thing on my BB

(Why is this Sansung not indenting in?)

I have 10 email and 5 Twitter accounts I can do things 3 to 5 times faster on an "old" 9900. Towards the end I was pulling my battery every 10 minutes, because I did not know how to fix it. But I still used it because it was fast.

I'm sure most of you have experienced the same and that is why we still hang on to the 9900. BB9900 users love this old phone and we would have supported the Q10 if it had s trackpad.

CB is great but there is to much negative waves in here. I know this is a forum but out of all the forums I have been on this has the most. So if there is a problem it is really amplified. People like me that are happy with a product don't normally spend time looking on forums about their product. They are just using and enjoying it.

This forum has made me aware of things to come and I would like to see John Chen turn this company around with good decisions.

Well that's my 2 cent (why don't they have a cents sign any more).

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 04-22-14 at 10:53 AM.
    04-22-14 09:09 AM
    I agree 100%. I have gone and used iphones and Androids and always find myself going right back to BB.

I run my business on a Apple/Android app but would rather have my Q10/9900 as a daily driver and use the mobile hot spot then fumble with the huge touch screen (Galaxy Note 3).

I just picked up a 9900 and will use it with a extra line that i have.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    anon(6038817) and rayporsche like this.
    04-22-14 09:21 AM
    Well, there's nothing wrong with knowing what you like. Somehow, I've found the issue you find difficult to be quite easy, and I use the S4 daily. It merely takes a little time to adapt to some of the differences.

I would, if I were you, acquire a used 9900 until the Classic arrives. It would probably be worth your time, and some can be had quite reasonably, these days. Or even another model of BlackBerry.

One quick question, you say that it was messing up and you kept having to pull the battery to fix it? How old is the battery itself?
    spacemanspork and Mr4aces like this.
    04-22-14 09:25 AM
    Here's another pennys worth:

BB needs District Managers (DM) that can help train sales and tech people about BB products. They could even leave a sample (for a week) so that a person can get familiar with it. Sales or tech people will not sell something they are unfamiliar with. BB products are to advance to sell without knowledge. They also need to be salary plus commission.

They also need "Authorized" Repair Dealers. To be "Certified/Authorized" a person would have to spend X number of hours at BB's Training Center.

Have Training Centers (TM) though out the world. Maybe 3 or 4 to start. These centers would also train District Managers.

Overall this will be the foundation for a good support group.

Hey if your going to write off old inventory donate them to grade schools. Think of the future not the past

Last edited by Mr4aces; 04-22-14 at 02:39 PM.
    04-22-14 10:13 AM
    I agree 100%. I have gone and used iphones and Androids and always find myself going right back to BB.

I run my business on a Apple/Android app but would rather have my Q10/9900 as a daily driver and use the mobile hot spot then fumble with the huge touch screen (Galaxy Note 3).

I just picked up a 9900 and will use it with a extra line that i have.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I totally agree there isn't a faster typing phone than the 9900

Last edited by Mr4aces; 04-22-14 at 02:38 PM.
    04-22-14 10:17 AM
    Here's another pennys worth:

BB needs District Managers (DM) that can help train sales and tech people about BB products. They could even leave a sample (for a week) with so thst person can get familiar with it. Sales or tech people will not sell something they are unfamiliar with. BB products are to advance to sell without knowledge. They also need to be salary plus commission.

They also need "Authorized" Repair Dealers. To be "Certified/Authorized" a person would have to spend X number of hours at BB's Training Center.

Have Training Centers (TM) though out the world. Maybe 3 or 4 to start. These centers would also train District Managers.

Overall this will be the foundation for a good support group.

Hey if your going to write off old inventory donate them to grade schools. Think of the future not the pass.

I totally agree with you. I believe that BlackBerry need to spend money on marketing & it doesn't mean advertisement. They should hold events & show off how easy it is to use it on big screens & hold quizzes & contests.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-22-14 10:22 AM

I would, if I were you, acquire a used 9900 until the Classic arrives. It would probably be worth your time, and some can be had quite reasonably, these days. Or even another model of BlackBerry.

One quick question, you say that it was messing up and you kept having to pull the battery to fix it? How old is the battery itself?
    Hello MrBergerKing!!!!!

I made the mistake of buying a ESN locked phone on Ebay thinking the ATT SIM card would work after 60 hours of messing around I returned it and bought another one yesterday. Hopefully it will be here Friday.

I had 2 batteries 1 was 3 years old.

Waiting fot the Classic I just hope they put lots of ram. And then maybe a PB2 or Z50. Gotta love this site.

Last edited by Mr4aces; 04-22-14 at 12:58 PM.
    anon(6038817) and BergerKing like this.
    04-22-14 10:25 AM
    Sorry about the multiple postings. We live in a rural area where there is no Internet.

I almost forgot this Samsung does not pick up the signal as good as the 9900. I have 1 bar where my BB would have 3.

If anyone can delete the duplicate posting please feel free to do so.

Last edited by Mr4aces; 04-22-14 at 10:50 AM.
    04-22-14 10:31 AM
    I totally agree with you. I believe that BlackBerry need to spend money on marketing & it doesn't mean advertisement. They should hold events & show off how easy it is to use it on big screens & hold quizzes & contests.

Posted via CB10
    Event YES!!!! And give old inventory to grade school kids. Build on the Future.

Loc22 likes this.
    04-22-14 10:36 AM
    The Sansung S4 is very hard to use.
    1. I hate typing with 1 finger,
    2.Takes forever to learn how to do ANYTHING especially copy and paste,
    3.To navigate on the web it is a pain if you want to switch between multiple pages,
    4. I basically have to perform more functions to the ssme thing on my BB

(Why is this Sansung not indenting in?)
    It's sounds like you need some training. Your not going to know how to correctly use a "Modern Smart Phone" coming from an old BB. This is why BB is in trouble. They work differently and you have to LEARN to use them.
    1.Watch this video.
    2.Download Swift Key. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ey.phone.trial then watch the how to video so you can understand how to use it. Do it for 3 days and you will be converted. The complete guide to using SwiftKey on Android - CNET
    3. Email client's... Go to this webpage and look at the top 5. You pick which is best for you. There are videos! Email Apps For Android: 3 Excellent Options To Try In 2014

4. The Web. Download Google Chrome. It's been updated a lot since then so some have changed but you get the idea.
    04-22-14 11:44 AM
    I could not agree more with Mr4aces. I switched carriers just so that I could get the newer blackberries. I thought I would let the dust settle with the shake ups at Blackberry and see what new devices that blackberry would release now my carrier is ended there relationship with Blackberry this week. The carrier says they will support Blackberry, but will they? or I would purchase one through Blackberry and sell off two of my phones. One that note I have 3 S4 and they are just not what I am used to with a Blackberry, to much going on and yes the signal is terrible. What Blackberry should do is sell there own phones unlocked phones so that one could run them on either CDMA or GSM and become their own carrier and Blackberry would have to deal with the US carrier not supporting Blackberry.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-22-14 12:27 PM
    Thank you.

I think maybe I don't want to learn I will give the links to her.

Old dog picks his new tricks.

I hate this auto correct.

04-22-14 12:34 PM
    ............ The carrier says they will support Blackberry, but will they? or I would purchase one through Blackberry and sell off two of my phones. One that note I have 3 S4 and they are just not what I am used to with a Blackberry, to much going on and yes the signal is terrible. What Blackberry should do is sell there own phones unlocked phones so that one could run them on either CDMA or GSM and become their own carrier and Blackberry would have to deal with the US carrier not supporting Blackberry.
    Yes Sir!!!
    I didn't know BB was in trouble till I joined CB. I was happy as a clown with my 9900 until it broke, couldn't care about the latest and greatest. NOW I want Classic with BB10 OS (I think) if it will perform better than a 9900.

BTW I now have my grandkids fighting over my 9900 when I upgrade.

Last edited by Mr4aces; 04-22-14 at 01:15 PM.
    04-22-14 12:46 PM

.........So I have been using a cheap Alcatel (free) and my wife's Samsung S4. I bought her the S4 only because she has gone swimming with the last 2 iphones and nothing to do with performance or apps. Well you all know the Alcatel is a joke my 11 year old nephew wouldn't even use it.

........Well that's my 2 cent (why don't they have a cents sign any more).

I got so mad when I was typing a text message, I threw the Alcatel in the toilet then in the garbage. No phone till Friday.

04-22-14 01:07 PM
    It's sounds like you need some training. Your not going to know how to correctly use a "Modern Smart Phone" coming from an old BB. This is why BB is in trouble. They work differently and you have to LEARN to use them. .......
    Thank you. This is very helpful I will give it to my wife.

04-22-14 01:21 PM
    Thank you.

I think maybe I don't want to learn.
    Old dog picks his new tricks.

I hate this auto correct.

Wow. Really? BB is in so much trouble then. Black Berry 10 requires to learn. If you don't want to then what does it say for the rest of the BB7 using old phones like you till it broke. Maybe most of those uses will always be stuck using BB7 because they don't want to learn. What about all the people on Android and iOS. What if they don't want to learn either. That means BB is screwed. Android and iOS uses will stick with those devices.
    04-22-14 02:48 PM
    Wow. Really? BB is in so much trouble then. Black Berry 10 requires to learn. If you don't want to then what does it say for the rest of the BB7 using old phones like you till it broke. Maybe most of those uses will always be stuck using BB7 because they don't want to learn. What about all the people on Android and iOS. What if they don't want to learn either. That means BB is screwed. Android and iOS uses will stick with those devices.
    Hello Nicholas,
    When I was your age there was not hill to steep or nothing I would not try to learn. My profile only shows a very small portion of what I have done. I also have patents in the automotive industry and have been associated with the some top builders. I learned how to write programs and web pages before there was software. When I retired it took me 2 years to slow down from 200 mph to 80. I now take the least resistance, if that means not learning about the Android phone or having to fill my brain with things that means little or no concern to me, yes. I find the older I get the more I have to purge my brain.

Example: I stop or block out my wife when she trys to tell something irrelevant, "Mary is going shopping tomorrow." I could care less where the neighbor's going.

Yes, I am to lazy to learn to use my wife's Samsung properly.. Hopefully only 3 more days.

Yes, I want a key board with a track pad.

Yes, I will use the trackpad and learn the BB OS10, but I will use combination of both for speed and efficiency.

I don't think most OS7 users will not use or want to learn OS10. We only want to learn it at our pace and not forced into it. The Q20 will allow this.

.....thank you for the links. It will be put to good use.

Last edited by Mr4aces; 04-23-14 at 09:48 AM.
    04-22-14 03:40 PM
    ....... When I retired it took me 2 years to slow down from 200 mph to 80.
    "I can't go 55" = Aquarius

04-22-14 03:57 PM
    Example: I stop or block out my wife when trys to tell something irrelevant, "Mary is going shopping tomorrow." I could care less where the neighbor's going.!
    I do this as well. Good luck with your mobile computing.
    04-22-14 04:36 PM
    Sorry about the multiple postings. We live in a rural area where there is no Internet.

I almost forgot this Samsung does not pick up the signal as good as the 9900. I have 1 bar where my BB would have 3.

If anyone can delete the duplicate posting please feel free to do so.

Took care of that for ya. Happens all the time.
    04-22-14 05:11 PM