I love the browser and am a heavy user of home screen icon web links. I do this through the browser option to add to home screen as well as the app Shortcut Creator.

Adding links and all is well and then when I create a home screen web link shortcut, it does not appear on the home screen. Thought is was a bad os install so reloaded. Went about my merry way adding links and it happened again.

Then I found something. If I delete any home screen web link icon created in either the browser or the App Shortcut Creator created previously, and then attempt to add a new link it works. When I try to add another link it doesn't show on the home screen. If I delete another link previously created and then add another new link, it works. But once I reach what seems like a home screen web link maximum, no more web link home screen icons can be added either from the browser or the app Shortcut Creator.

Would love your thoughts and suggestions!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 09:24 PM
    OK, I just finished testing. 100 is the maximum I can do. In or out of folders. Have to drop one to add one.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    The more I think about the more I believe this may be the case. I don't use the browser bookmark option and maybe I should. Maybe the programmers did think someone would use the home screen web links option as much, but it does seem a bit shortsighted in my mind not to expect someone to use folders on the home screen to file web link icons in folders and limit the number possible. Of course I could be that weird user they thought would never test the maximum. Very interesting and an answer would be great to know one way or the other!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 09:31 PM
    Hm... that's interesting. so approximately how many have you created before the cut off? I'd like to test too.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 06:43 AM
    Hm... that's interesting. so approximately how many have you created before the cut off? I'd like to test too.

Posted via CB10
    Same here....I use 'save to homescreen' all the time and have over 40 links....I thought that was a lot, and have not reached a limit yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 09:28 AM
    I just counted and currently have 74. Guessing at the total I have deleted this far (converting to bookmarks within the browser), I know it was near or right at 100. Maybe that is the maximum. Can anyone with BlackBerry confirm a 100 home screen web link limit in the OS?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 09:39 AM
    I just came upon this thread, and had been having a similar issue, unable to add bookmarks to the home screen. It looks like this may be the cause. I've tweaked the title a bit, for better exposure and input.

My home screen browser links are in a number of folders. I'll count when I have a chance, and pop back with my input. I'm pretty sure that I don't have anywhere near some of the amounts quoted so far.

I wonder if this could be different between OS versions? I'm currently on 10.2.1.2947. How about the rest of you?
    04-22-14 10:02 AM
    Mine is a Z10 on 10.2.1.537

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 10:08 AM
    Verizon Z30 OS 10.2.1.2126
    04-22-14 10:37 AM
    I posted this on the Blackberry BB10 Forums as well. Well let everyone know what responses I get..........

BlackBerry 10 OS Limit On Homescreen Browser Links... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    04-22-14 10:43 AM
    Bump

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 10:31 PM
    OK, I just finished testing. 100 is the maximum I can do. In or out of folders. Have to drop one to add one.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    04-23-14 10:35 PM
    Elessar, my hat is off to you. Thanks for taking the time to validate! Next question is whether it is reasonable. Guess there aren't many of us who use home screen web links to that extent so hard to blame the OS developers. For my purposes, would be nice to have a much higher maximum!.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 06:22 AM
    Elessar, my hat is off to you. Thanks for taking the time to validate! Next question is whether it is reasonable. Guess there aren't many of us who use home screen web links to that extent so hard to blame the OS developers. For my purposes, would be nice to have a much higher maximum!.

Posted via CB10
    No problemo. As for the limit? I'd like it higher too. But, Now that I'm aware of it, I'll just have to be more selective about what I'm saving.
    04-24-14 06:28 AM