I see all these threads about people wowing others with their BB10 phones but I haven't seen anyone interested in mine. Not saying that people are lying, but I haven't had one person ask about my Z10 or seem interested or impressed. It's basically just "oh yeah, that's kind of cool" and a shrug or "meh", but I've never seen (or could imagine) anyone going gaga and drooling all over my phone like I've seen some stories.

It kind of got me thinking: do people really care, and why should they? If all these people are so impressed then why hasn't BB10 taken off?

I've seen people here say that if you just get BB10 into people's hands (and get the word out) it will change everything, but nothing. Maybe people are exaggerating with all the converts they've made...who knows? Is anyone else in my boat where they haven't drawn any interest from their BB10 phone?

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    04-21-14 05:49 PM
    Some people will always find on excuse to not like blackberry. Seems that u only met those type of people. Somebody will like it when u show them.
    04-21-14 05:58 PM
    I think people are just generally polite when someone shows them their phones. It would be rude to say otherwise. Besides, I've yet to see a cooking show where a guests tastes a top chef's dish and say "This is total crap". Also, a lot of people are locked in year-long contracts and they're not going to break and pay a fee just to experience what was shown to them. They'll likely think about it when their contract is up but by then the other platforms have come up with something new and exciting. Last point - whenever you see parents showing off their babies, you'll never hear people say to their face their kid is ugly or plain looking.
    oldtimeBBaddict and bbq10l like this.
    04-21-14 05:59 PM
    Just. Keep trying
    04-21-14 05:59 PM
    I actually can't stand people that show off their phones. I remember seeing executives wear that stupid bluetooth earset with BB phone in their hand everywhere like they're about to receive a conference call even while they're eating lunch. Even worse are people wearing Android phones around their neck. I would never show off my phone unless asked and even then I won't harp about it.
    04-21-14 06:09 PM
    I actually can't stand people that show off their phones. I remember seeing executives wear that stupid bluetooth earset with BB phone in their hand everywhere like they're about to receive a conference call even while they're eating lunch. Even worse are people wearing Android phones around their neck. I would never show off my phone unless asked and even then I won't harp about it.
    I'm completely with you there. I don't like to shove my phone down someone's throat. The only time I'll show off my piece of tech is when I first get it and if someone asks/comments/notices something

04-21-14 06:10 PM
    People think my Z10 and Z30 are cool if I show them some features.

I don't just go showing off my phone, but my coworkers and friends know I get new BlackBerrys all the time, so it's usually like, "Alriiight, Sean, let's see what your latest and greatest is this time."

I show them the Hub, and the keyboard, and sometimes the TimeShift camera (though I forgot about it until recently). They think it's cool, sometimes I get a "woah.. I didn't know BlackBerry made phones like these.." but definitely no "BE RIGHT BACK, I'M GOING TO TRADE IN MY GALAXY/IPHONE FOR A Z10/Z30!"

My friend got the Z10 when it first launched on at&t. He had a Torch 9810 before, and an iPhone 4 before that. It's been just over a year since he got the Z10, and he just got a Galaxy S5. I hadn't seen him in like a month, and he and his wife picked me up. She was holding it and I said, "Oh, did you trade in your iPhone for that new phone, Julie?" and they both looked at each other and she said, "It's not mine... Diego got a new phone" and he looked at me because he knows how much I love BlackBerry and he half jokingly said, "I thought you'd be mad!"and we all just laughed. I said, "well, let's see it!" and we were in the car driving and his wife handed it to me. It's an S5 in one of those flip covers. I just swiped through it a few times. I hate Android and its OS makes me cringe because to me it's not as organized as BB10 or iOS. It's a mess. It's a clusterf--k. But I didn't tell him that. I said, "Oh it's nice, but it's just so confusing!" and he said, "Yeah, I need to get used to it. It's hard."

But that's the world we live in. He had all the apps. So many apps. He wasn't used to the keyboard, he didn't know things were. It wasn't as easy to message. But he would "get used to it" just for the sake of having an Android. I was with my Z30 that day, and I wasn't ever for a moment thinking WOW THIS S5 IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN MY Z30. I was kind of like "ehh" inside and gave it back to them. The S5 felt like all Samsungs do. Just so much shiny plastic. I'm sure it has some cool features, but definitely nothing that would ever get me to buy one. And that's how people feel about BlackBerry's new phones...maybe some cool features, but not enough to get them to trade their phones with other cool features.
    04-21-14 06:22 PM
    OP, what your experience is is what I would say that the vast majority of people here have experienced. The vast majority of people could care less what phone anyone is using and that's the way it should be. It's a phone, nothing more. Anyone who thinks differently is living in fantasy land.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    04-21-14 06:24 PM
    I think I am in the same boat. I don't shove my Z30 in peoples faces but when I am spotted using it the first response is almost always negative. They start out with the infamous line, you still using a Blackberry? I show them what it can do if asked but most do not. I love the way I can use my Z30 to get things done quickly and then I am off to do other things. In my opinion this device makes it easy to do that. This frees me up for what is really important for me, playing with my grandkids. They are a lot more fun than any app I have ever tried. LOL
    04-21-14 06:32 PM
    I think I am in the same boat. I don't shove my Z30 in peoples faces but when I am spotted using it the first response is almost always negative. They start out with the infamous line, you still using a Blackberry? I show them what it can do if asked but most do not. I love the way I can use my Z30 to get things done quickly and then I am off to do other things. In my opinion this device makes it easy to do that. This frees me up for what is really important for me, playing with my grandkids. They are a lot more fun than any app I have ever tried. LOL
    Hahah I like that attitude

kbz1960 likes this.
    04-21-14 06:35 PM
    I recently purchased an LG GFlex. I get comments/ questions about it daily. I hate it. I didn't buy it for conversation, or to engage in note 3 pissing contests. it's just what I thought suited my use best given what was available for purchase now. Also I'm feeling the curved screen.

Point being use/enjoy your phone because it's what you like. Who cares what others think.
    richardat likes this.
    04-21-14 06:53 PM
    Wait...you mean that you don't see people's jaw drop as you show them the slick UI of your smartphone?
    04-21-14 07:02 PM
    ^this.....

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    04-21-14 07:06 PM
    Just yesterday my brother-in-law asked me about my Z50 when I was using the time shift mode. He is thinking of buying a galaxy something however he really checked and played with my phone. Also 5 people at work and my wife gave up their iPhone and got Z10. They all liked mine and my wife took mine. However it worked out in my favor I got a new Z50 out of the deal

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.2947 on AT&T
    04-21-14 07:20 PM
    I've shown my Z10 to anyone's that asked and the reactions are generally positive. I think most associate BlackBerry with BBOS, so they are really impressed with BB10 as a modern OS that's capable of running with the big boys. That said, just because they like and are impressed by it, doesn't necessarily mean they will leave their current device/OS for it. It's hard to convince someone to move when they've invested a lot of time and money into another OS and ecosystem.
    04-21-14 07:35 PM
    Maybe I just need to take the show off bb10 course.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 08:18 PM
    I recently purchased an LG GFlex. I get comments/ questions about it daily. I hate it. I didn't buy it for conversation, or to engage in note 3 pissing contests. it's just what I thought suited my use best given what was available for purchase now. Also I'm feeling the curved screen.

Point being use/enjoy your phone because it's what you like. Who cares what others think.
    I have the Flex as well, but have had maybe two people act interested in it, or where in shock. Well coworkers were in disbelief I had a curved phone, thought I broke it, haha! However out and about, not so much.

I am fine with that though. Really I don't buy phones to impress other people. I buy them to fit my needs.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk
    04-21-14 08:35 PM
    Just yesterday my brother-in-law asked me about my Z50 when I was using the time shift mode. He is thinking of buying a galaxy something however he really checked and played with my phone. Also 5 people at work and my wife gave up their iPhone and got Z10. They all liked mine and my wife took mine. However it worked out in my favor I got a new Z50 out of the deal

Awesome, can I borrow your time machine so I can visit the future and get a Z50 too??
    04-21-14 08:44 PM
    Awesome, can I borrow your time machine so I can visit the future and get a Z50 too??
    Lol. I meant Z30. I guess I'm wishing for a high end Z50

kbz1960 and KDB84 like this.
    04-21-14 08:48 PM
    Lol. I meant Z30. I guess I'm wishing for a high end Z50

Lol you and me both.
    04-21-14 08:49 PM
    Well I have a Z100 so there!

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-21-14 08:56 PM
    Aside from the physical construction quality, the screen, and perhaps speakerphone... it's really difficult to really appreciate what makes any device good when someone just hands your theirs to "check out". Smartphones are personal use devices and as such are often customized or at least tweaked to meet the owner's way of thinking/working, etc. Showing someone your smartphone, they probably take away more about your own quirks/workflow than the merits of the device...

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 09:55 PM
    I see all these threads about people wowing others with their BB10 phones but I haven't seen anyone interested in mine. Not saying that people are lying, but I haven't had one person ask about my Z10 or seem interested or impressed. It's basically just "oh yeah, that's kind of cool" and a shrug or "meh", but I've never seen (or could imagine) anyone going gaga and drooling all over my phone like I've seen some stories.

It kind of got me thinking: do people really care, and why should they? If all these people are so impressed then why hasn't BB10 taken off?

I've seen people here say that if you just get BB10 into people's hands (and get the word out) it will change everything, but nothing. Maybe people are exaggerating with all the converts they've made...who knows? Is anyone else in my boat where they haven't drawn any interest from their BB10 phone?

When I get out my Q10, no-one gives it a second glance. Which is how I like it.
    richardat and MERCDROID like this.
    04-21-14 10:06 PM

Where did you get your Z50 from? I'm curious...
    04-21-14 10:12 PM
    OMG forgot about those ear pieces. Like Sci Fi. Needed a good laugh. Thanks for the visual. Guessing u won't be buying Google Glasses.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    04-21-14 11:03 PM
51 123