Has anyone seen their review of the Sony Xperia Z2, and Z2 Tablet?

Its an embarrassment to reviewing. This site seems to bash every company that isnt american i've noticed... seriously this sites reviews are crazy inconsistent

Anyways its not just BlackBerry thats getting a bad ride from sites like this...fyi.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 05:13 PM
    Has anyone seen their review of the Sony Xperia Z2, and Z2 Tablet?

Its an embarrassment to reviewing. This site seems to bash every company that isnt american i've noticed... seriously this sites reviews are crazy inconsistent

Anyways its not just BlackBerry thats getting a bad ride from sites like this...fyi.

Posted via CB10
    Dunno why you'd insinuate American company bias, since their Motorola device reviews scored lower than that Z2 review. When their top 3 scores are split between Apple, Samsung, and HTC, only one of which is an american company... I just don't see how you come to the American bias conclusion.
    app_Developer, tmf06 and kbz1960 like this.
    04-21-14 07:55 PM
    Dunno why you'd insinuate American company bias, since their Motorola device reviews scored lower than that Z2 review. When their top 3 scores are split between Apple, Samsung, and HTC, only one of which is an american company... I just don't see how you come to the American bias conclusion.
    Well aren't you mister jingo.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 08:00 PM
    Was quite disappointed that they didn't even bother to review the Z30 after having reviewed both the the Z10 and Q10.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 09:17 PM
    The American bashing on these forums is getting quite annoying. Some people have to start realizing that the decline of Blackberry is not because it is Canadian, but because it stopped innovating and stopped being competitive. People around the world are switching to Android/iOS, Even in Canada people are ditching their Blackberries. The companies that happen to beat it are American, but American. People have to see it for what it is. Blackberry screwed up and Blackberry is paying the price, it not anyone else's fault.

(I am Canadian)

Play Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    jpvj, JeepBB and kbz1960 like this.
    04-21-14 09:42 PM
    Some people have to start realizing that the decline of Blackberry is not because it is Canadian, but because it stopped innovating and stopped being competitive.
    I agree. I don't have a complete sense of BlackBerry's history, but from what I can gather, the failure was at least in part because:

1. The company didn't develop a plan to transition away from BIS when other devices began to get push email.

2. The browser on BBOS could not always compete with browsers on other operating systems.

3. Transitioning to QNX took time, which was compounded by the effort expended on PBOS.

4. BB10 was developed by a team completely independent of the BBOS team, which divided resources, and may have been the reason that BB10 did not integrate many of the BBOS features.

5. As all of that was happening, BlackBerry produced a few horrendous devices, some mediocre ones, and some good ones. But consumer interest and the media "buzz" was focused on other devices and other OSes. As someone who's bought the odd bad device, I can tell you that it's really hard to win a consumer back again. It's also hard to get someone back if they go to another, perhaps better (even if only for a time), brand. At some point in the early 2000s, I switched from Toshiba to Lenovo laptops. Unless Lenovo stops making what I want, I'll never buy another Toshiba.

6. At least one CEO may have been distracted. Jim Balsillie was after a hockey team. It's been argued that Peter Pocklington lost control of his businesses (the Edmonton Oilers and Gainers Meat Packers among them), because he was distracted by, and sank too much money into, the Conservative party leadership race. It's speculative, but possible that Balsillie wasn't focused on the important things and that it contributed to the company's failure (and perhaps to his reportedly poor relationship with Mike Lazaridis).

Lastly, this story is not unique. See Nokia and the Symbian to Maemo/Meego transition.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-21-14 10:11 PM
    You know, I used to believe that BlackBerry is dying. But when I flew to Malaysia, it's the other way around.

Seriously, there are BlackBerry stall everywhere and they display the P'9981 just like that. The Z30 is extremely common =))

Z30 | Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2947 | Globe PH
    04-21-14 10:13 PM
    I wonder how many Americans even know BlackBerry is based in Canada. I wonder how many even care. This stuff is always much more important to the smaller country than the larger one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-21-14 10:19 PM
    I agree. I don't have a complete sense of BlackBerry's history, but from what I can gather, the failure was at least in part because:

1. The company didn't develop a plan to transition away from BIS when other devices began to get push email.

2. The browser on BBOS could not always compete with browsers on other operating systems.

3. Transitioning to QNX took time, which was compounded by the effort expended on PBOS.

4. BB10 was developed by a team completely independent of the BBOS team, which divided resources, and may have been the reason that BB10 did not integrate many of the BBOS features.

5. As all of that was happening, BlackBerry produced a few horrendous devices, some mediocre ones, and some good ones. But consumer interest and the media "buzz" was focused on other devices and other OSes. As someone who's bought the odd bad device, I can tell you that it's really hard to win a consumer back again. It's also hard to get someone back if they go to another, perhaps better (even if only for a time), brand. At some point in the early 2000s, I switched from Toshiba to Lenovo laptops. Unless Lenovo stops making what I want, I'll never buy another Toshiba.

6. At least one CEO may have been distracted. Jim Balsillie was after a hockey team. It's been argued that Peter Pocklington lost control of his businesses (the Edmonton Oilers and Gainers Meat Packers among them), because he was distracted by, and sank too much money into, the Conservative party leadership race. It's speculative, but possible that Balsillie wasn't focused on the important things and that it contributed to the company's failure (and perhaps to his reportedly poor relationship with Mike Lazaridis).

Lastly, this story is not unique. See Nokia and the Symbian to Maemo/Meego transition.
    Sad but true.
    04-21-14 10:20 PM
    I wonder how many Americans even know BlackBerry is based in Canada. I wonder how many even care. This stuff is always much more important to the smaller country than the larger one.
    I bet if you asked 100 former BB owners the nationality of BB, 80+ would say "the US." Relatively few know it's a Canadian company, even among BB users. But everyone knows Samsung, HTC, Sony, and LG are Asian companies. It really has nothing to do with nationality.
    pantlesspenguin and kbz1960 like this.
    04-21-14 10:36 PM
    I dont think you've spent time on that site...they trash pretty much everything that isnt apple or google based. Its well known. The Verge is EXTREMELY bias to american brands imho.

Also in regards to HTC One getting good reviews.....those reviews are hollow...they only give those reviews out because they want to trash the Samsung Galaxy brand......they call the One iphone like, and then in the same sentence trash HTC as a company and brand. That site and its community is a gross poison on the tech world imho.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 02:51 AM
    Don't read the reviews for the score cause they don't make sense. Easy as that

If you want more technical and clinical reviews there is no better place than Anandtech. Very informative site with some awesome people on board and with only 1/20 of The Verge budget, yet they kick everybody's ***.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    04-22-14 03:21 AM
    You know, I used to believe that BlackBerry is dying. But when I flew to Malaysia, it's the other way around.

Seriously, there are BlackBerry stall everywhere and they display the P'9981 just like that. The Z30 is extremely common =))

Z30 | Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2947 | Globe PH
    Glad you made it there they just lost a plane. BlackBerry was top in developed countries like U.S. And Canada but now they are in first place in the 3rd world. This is a complete failure in leadership at BlackBerry.
    04-22-14 04:52 AM
    The Verge is atrocious. Don't ever go there, click their ads, read their reviews or support their website. They blatantly hate blackberry - it's not even a matter of it being a "media conspiracy" circus as they say so on their podcasts that they loathe this company.

When every mom and pop has a tech site (engadget, cnet, zdnet, techradar, technobuffalo etc etc etc), there's no reason to go to such garbage. They're just essentially a Blackberry-hating Apple blog masquerading as journalism with a glossy design resembling lipstick on a pig.
    Clanked likes this.
    04-22-14 11:32 AM
    The Verge is atrocious. Don't ever go there, click their ads, read their reviews or support their website. They blatantly hate blackberry - it's not even a matter of it being a "media conspiracy" circus as they say so on their podcasts that they loathe this company.

When every mom and pop has a tech site (engadget, cnet, zdnet, techradar, technobuffalo etc etc etc), there's no reason to go to such garbage. They're just essentially a Blackberry-hating Apple blog masquerading as journalism with a glossy design resembling lipstick on a pig.
    They're a hipster rag masquerading as a "tech site". They're also bias to their buddies.....first off the always get googles breaking info. thats because they have some weird relationship with google insiders I suspect, hence why they never trash google products. Second ashton kutcher is like somehow involved in Vox Media(which is the mother ship to The Verge) and you should have seen that site pump that HORRIBLE Jobs movie.....they even gave it a glowing review, even though its widely re known as one of the worst bio pics ever made......that site craps on all the international brands....loves the american ones....its just pathetic....thats before I get into Chris Zeigler or Dan Sceifert, or Vlad, or the worst hardware tech reviewer in north america David Peirce. All extremely inconsistent, bias, and ignorant...... Its a poisonous site imho, and their community is just as bad...like BGR but drowning in pretentiousness lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 11:55 AM
    Damn you Americans...

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-22-14 12:06 PM
    If you don't like The Verge, then let's not talk about The Verge.
    04-22-14 12:09 PM