Urgent Help Needed. I upgraded to 10.2 and with that I also updated many apps and among them is the very popular Password Keeper app. However when I opened the app it asked me to create a new password which I did but all of my data is gone and no where to be found. Unfortunately I do not have a backup. Can anyone please help me.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 08:42 PM
    Without a backup, all of your data is gone. Make sure to backup Password Keeper after setting everything up this time.
    04-19-14 09:17 PM
    Why would updating the app delete the data? I just don't get it.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 09:25 PM
    Urgent Help Needed. I upgraded to 10.2 and with that I also updated many apps and among them is the very popular Password Keeper app. However when I opened the app it asked me to create a new password which I did but all of my data is gone and no where to be found. Unfortunately I do not have a backup. Can anyone please help me.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    stevesny,

First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

How did you update to 10.2? By OTA, BB Link, an autoloader?

If you updated by BB Link or OTA, you may have a chance to recover your PW Keeper data. First, delete PW Keeper, reboot your device, then reinstall PW Keeper. When reinstalled and you first open it, use the same password as on PW Keeper before you updated the OS. PW Keeper data is encrypted using the password you first used. When you updated and provided a new and presumably different password, the app would not reinstall the data for the previous version where the passwords did not match. I think this is where your problem occurred.

Please give this a try and let us know if this works for you.

Last point -- it's always strongly recommended to run a backup before doing an update. As an exctra measure, you can go to PW Keeper > Settings and export your PW Keeper data on its own and save it to your mSD card, PC, Dropbox etc.
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-19-14 09:43 PM
    Thanks so much for your help. I did update OTA and I also used the same password that I had before the update, do you still recommend to delete and reinstall again?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 09:59 PM
    If you set the original password when you reinstalled PW Keeper, reinstalling probably won't help. It spounds like you data is gone. The very last thing I can suggest is to open the app and swipe down from the top to go to settings. Scroll to the bottom and tap "Import Passwords". Select Password Keeper for BlackBerry 10. It may pick up the previous data. If it doesn't I think you're out of luck. (Sorry)
    04-19-14 10:40 PM
    Definitely back-up the passwords if you have more than a couple accounts in Password Keeper. Currently I have 94 entries in Password Keeper and would be in panic mode if I lost access to them.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    04-20-14 01:24 AM
    Don't erase password keeper - I've sent you a friend request. Please contact me and we can discuss offline.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    04-20-14 08:37 AM