I need help, what is the best family of 4 plan for BlackBerry os7, without 4g lte? Being a Canadian, I have no clue. Many thx. (checked their website, all I saw was lte 4g plan, nothing else). If there is no good deals, att would be the alternative. (att got better coverage and better text plan usually).

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 07:55 PM
    There is only one plan, the Simple Choice plan. A family of four would be $100 on the plan for unlimited everything. If you want a higher bracket of high speed data, you could add the $10 plan for some of your family members, for example.. my sister and I have the additional high speed data, and 2 family members do not on my account. The taxes and other fees are extra, which you will pay to any carrier that you choose.

There will be an activation charge for each phone that you put on your account also.
    04-19-14 09:06 PM
    Isn't the comparable AT&T plan at least $115 before taxes and fees? I assume that you know that the OS7 BlackBerry phones are considered smartphones, even if they do not use 4G.
    04-19-14 09:25 PM
    Are you moving to the States for a longer period of time? Because if you're just visiting with your family, prepaid options like Roam Mobility might be the way to go. But if you really are moving and need long term service...

Denise has the TMO plan breakdown covered pretty well. A few things I'd like to add:

-There are no non-LTE plans. Depending on how coverage is, you may or may not get LTE, but you can't sign up for a data plan that doesn't give you LTE. It doesn't cost extra either. Keep in mind though, if you're coming with Robellus pre-BB10 phones (i.e. OS7 or older,) you may not even get 3G/HSPA+, because Robellus phones don't have TMO's primary band. Pre-BB10, TMO used the same phones as Wind, Mobilicity (RIP) and Videotron, while AT&T used the Robellus phones.

-TMO charges a one time upfront fee of $10/each line for a SIM card. This is a rip-off, because often they run sales where SIM cards are either free or $1. I believe activation of $35 per line is always waived online, if not they're certainly waived when you're being charged $10 per SIM card. If someone could confirm that activation is always waived online and you're in no hurry, it would make sense to wait for one of these sales and you would save $40 right there.

-TMO Simple Choice has an extra benefit that may be of use to you--unlimited texting to Canada included for free.

-Taxes and fees are extra on postpaid lines, and unfortunately, employee/corporate discounts are no longer accepted.
    04-19-14 10:25 PM
    Starting a new line costs $10 activation fee per phone, assuming you had purchased a T-Mobile phone online or at another place, such as Target, etc. that had a SIM card included in the box with the phone.

So its either a $10 charge to buy the SIM, or $10 to activate a sim you bring in.
    04-19-14 10:32 PM
    Starting a new line costs $10 activation fee per phone, assuming you had purchased a T-Mobile phone online or at another place, such as Target, etc. that had a SIM card included in the box with the phone.

So its either a $10 charge to buy the SIM, or $10 to activate a sim you bring in.
    So even when they're running those SIM card sales, the somehow get their $10/line for "activation?" Because right now online, they're showing $10 for SIM card, and the $35 activation as waived.
    04-19-14 10:37 PM
    So even when they're running those SIM card sales, the somehow get their $10/line for "activation?" Because right now online, they're showing $10 for SIM card, and the $35 activation as waived.
    Yes. They do charge it in store. I'm not certain if it is charged for an online activation. The clerk seemed to make it seem that a BYO device would be charged $20 if it was on a new line and needed a new sim.
    04-19-14 10:45 PM
    Many thx . I am not move to south of the boarder,just try to help my relative select the right plan on t-mobile. I think the 100 dollar for four would be the excellent choice. Unlimited everything sounds luxury for 4. Really appreciated. I'll call t-mobile. My relative currently have individual plan. 3 with t-mobile and one on att. I'll take a look of the coverage map too, one of the kids will heading to university soon (local), if he can stay as family plan it would be great. Thx again.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 04:57 AM
    All 4 are gsm unlocked international , 3 of them are 9860 and one is 9800. Look like the data might got some problem, will see what happen. Otherwise, att extra 10 dollar might be well deserved. Thx for the insight

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 05:04 AM
    Yes. They do charge it in store. I'm not certain if it is charged for an online activation. The clerk seemed to make it seem that a BYO device would be charged $20 if it was on a new line and needed a new sim.
    Their website sure look more confusion than any others. No clear table you can just pick and choose. It is like SAT logic reading test - I have to admit : failed miserably (even I knew plans well just north of the boarder... i can see I might have a lot of problem if I would move across the boarder... if it is common occurrence in the market place :-).

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 05:15 AM
    When I put 4 of my Blackberry phones on TMO/USA, the store charged me activation fees for each phone. When I called customer service on my new phone, they promptly removed all activation fees that I was charged at the store. TMO has the best/cheapest plans. THeir LTE is really fast. I love wifi calling from TMO also.
    04-20-14 08:55 AM
    I think the 100 dollar for four would be the excellent choice. Unlimited everything sounds luxury for 4.
    For $100, you get unlimited talk, text and 1GB high speed data (throttled down to 2G thereafter.) Unlimited everything (i.e. unlimited high speed data) for four lines would be $220/month.

If three people already have plans with TMO, that is a big deal. How long have they been customers? The one who's been with them the longest should talk to the loyalty people (retentions) and see if they could sweeten the pot.
    04-20-14 09:54 AM
    I was afraid the pink coat CEO is going to stuff them with iphones.many thx. For the tip. Will try to get the best deal.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 10:38 AM
    I was afraid the pink coat CEO is going to stuff them with iphones.many thx. For the tip. Will try to get the best deal.
    If they definitely plan to hold on to their phones, they have more leverage in the negotiation, because reps, even retention reps don't have a lot of leeway when it comes to handset prices. But what they can give deals on is TMO's product--their service.

Also, here is a list of those UMTS 1900 areas I was talking about. It's may not be up to date, but if you see your relatives' city on there, it may mean they will get 3G on their current phones: T-Mobile Says Its 1900MHz UMTS Covers 142M People (Phone Scoop)
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-20-14 12:15 PM
    If they definitely plan to hold on to their phones, they have more leverage in the negotiation, because reps, even retention reps don't have a lot of leeway when it comes to handset prices. But what they can give deals on is TMO's product--their service.

Also, here is a list of those UMTS 1900 areas I was talking about. It's may not be up to date, but if you see your relatives' city on there, it may mean they will get 3G on their current phones: T-Mobile Says Its 1900MHz UMTS Covers 142M People (Phone Scoop)
    Thx raino for all your help. Unfortunately, the town is too small and not listed. Thx again.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 02:51 PM
    Thx raino for all your help. Unfortunately, the town is too small and not listed. Thx again.
    No problem. My town got UMTS 1900 recently as well, and you're not going to find it listed anywhere. There used to be a map of reported UMTS 1900 sightings, but that webpage now shows a dead link. The only way to tell--the best way--would be to stick a TMO SIM in one of those AT&T phones and do a live test in their town.
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-20-14 04:14 PM
    I have great signal at my house, but there are dead areas around me. If some of the family are already on T-Mobile, then they should already know how good the coverage is in their town.
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-20-14 04:28 PM
    Will do just that! Thx.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 04:29 PM