Silly me - accidently dropped my z10 and the screen smashed, it does turn on but gestures dont work.

Can anyone advise if its worth getting it repaired (can anyone recommend anyone in london, UK) ...will it actually return to full functioning state? or should I just buy a new one? I would imagine a repair to be around �60 and a new one around �200....

Thanks
    04-19-14 03:06 PM
    Silly me - accidently dropped my z10 and the screen smashed, it does turn on but gestures dont work.

Can anyone advise if its worth getting it repaired (can anyone recommend anyone in london, UK) ...will it actually return to full functioning state? or should I just buy a new one? I would imagine a repair to be around �60 and a new one around �200....

Thanks

Warrenty wont help you with this.Just order a OEM display from ebay which cost less than �29 and fix it yourself.If you take it to repair center chances are that you may be scamed
    04-19-14 03:14 PM
    Same thing happend to me, and i was so sad, but i found oem screen on etradesupply.com i spent 110 bucks or something like that.
    Ive changed the screen by myself and now my z10 is rocking again.

Rocking on my Z10
    04-19-14 03:20 PM
    Thanks! I looked on ebay and feeling positive as it looks cheap. There is a youtube video showing the process.

Can someone list all the tools I need for the job so that I can buy them before ordering the lcd screen. Thanks so much.
    Daniel Adkins likes this.
    04-19-14 04:01 PM
    Buy the screen and housing together, makes it a lot easier and then you only need a t4 screwdriver.
    good luck!

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-19-14 05:10 PM
    Thanks! I looked on ebay and feeling positive as it looks cheap. There is a youtube video showing the process.

Can someone list all the tools I need for the job so that I can buy them before ordering the lcd screen. Thanks so much.
    Sledgehammer, Pipe Wrench, Duct Tape...oh, sorry...Amazon.com: Blackberry Z10 LCD Display Screen + Touch Panel ...Amazon has tool kits for$. 40 to $10...

Trusted Member Genius
    04-19-14 06:58 PM
    Yes it is not hard to do, but you will need a T2 and T4, so buy a cell phone repair kit while you are at it. And watch the available YouTube videos.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 07:05 PM
    Buy the screen and housing together, makes it a lot easier and then you only need a t4 screwdriver.
    good luck!

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Hi,

Just got back from holidays (dropped it on holiday!) and now looking at fixing this. Lucky I have a spare q5 so I am not missing BB10.

To replace housing, I saw this on ebay

BlackBerry Z10 LCD Screen Display 001/111 4G + Digitiser Bezel Housing Speaker

for �30

Would it be good enough for my z10 - it is the STL 100- 2 variety , bought from carphone warehouse in the UK. It says made in mexico.

Or is there another screen I need?

Thanks
    04-23-14 01:23 PM
    Bummer. I have been lucky with my Z30. 3 times now I put it in my upper jacket pocket in it's pocket pouch, which doesn't cover the top, and I bend over for something and my Z falls out right on the cement on the part that isn't covered. So far just a little tiny chip out of a corner.

I need to learn to not put my phone there!
    04-23-14 01:30 PM
    This happened to me and I just took it to a repair shop. Costs 80 bucks Canadian and took 30 minutes. Rather not wait a week for the part to come in then potentially screw something up, I believe the guy that fixed my phone actually broke the headphone jack too. He told me he'd look into it though so oh well, and the screen has 90 days warranty. Just rather play it safe

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 02:17 PM
    I feel for you man. I have dropped my z10 so many times and so far the back is dirty. The button has scratches and is Pilling off. Buy the way I hold it you can not tell that my phone is ruining. Maybe if your carrier is kind enough they will replace your z10

Posted by z10
    04-23-14 03:34 PM
    Hi,

Just got back from holidays (dropped it on holiday!) and now looking at fixing this. Lucky I have a spare q5 so I am not missing BB10.

To replace housing, I saw this on ebay

BlackBerry Z10 LCD Screen Display 001/111 4G + Digitiser Bezel Housing Speaker

for �30

Would it be good enough for my z10 - it is the STL 100- 2 variety , bought from carphone warehouse in the UK. It says made in mexico.

Or is there another screen I need?

Thanks
    Yeah, that should be ok, it's the same as the ones I have used on UK stl 002, I'm also. Waiting for some red ones to arrive ))

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 08:11 AM
    Thanks everyone. Ordered the housing for �30 and a t4 screwdriver and the plastic thing too. Hopefully it will be straightforward as the videos show! The best one I found is this

Blackberry Z10 Complete Disassembly video tutorials

Only need to follow the first 6 minutes! Hopefully it will be as easy as it looks! All items should arrive Monday so really hoping for the best!
    04-24-14 05:15 PM
    Hello. Bought from ebay the screwdriver set however it doesn't say which screw driver is which. I gently tried on my z10 to unscrew - scared of damaging screwhead - and given up before I damage any of the screwhead.

Is it really "tough" to unscrew? Does one have to twist fairly hard to unscrew? (I know righty tighty lefty loosing!)

Thanks
    04-28-14 02:20 PM
    All the ones I've done are not tight at all, but u really must find the right screwdriver!

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-29-14 02:08 AM