Just wondering, do you all think Sprint will get the Bold or Javelin or most likely not or what is you're opinion?

And do you think Sprint will get a new blackberry soon?

Thanks!
    11-09-08 11:49 PM
    I believe Sprint's next BlackBerry besides the 8350i for Nextel is going to be the 82xx (clamshell design).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 01:42 AM
    ewww really? I was hoping more either the Bold or Javelin lol
    11-10-08 02:32 AM
    It's a longshot but it's remotely possible they will get the Bold as early as Q2 of 2009. That's strictly a speculation based on AT&T's rumored 90 day exclusiveness with the BOLD.
    11-10-08 02:40 AM
    It's a longshot but it's remotely possible they will get the Bold as early as Q2 of 2009. That's strictly a speculation based on AT&T's rumored 90 day exclusiveness with the BOLD.
    I really hope they do get either the bold or javelin. Although I wouldn't mind sticking with the 8330, I would love for Sprint to get new phones like AT&T, TMo, and Verizon have been lately
    11-10-08 04:35 AM
    I'd like to see Sprint get the latest phones in a CDMA version. From what I've read in posts about Sprint, they need to make their move. And soon.
    11-10-08 05:45 AM
    what do you mean from what you've read in posts, meaning there not really going to push recent CDMA phones or just from what you've heard?
    11-10-08 10:37 AM
    Its upto the manufacturer to make the phone CDMA, sprint can push for it but when a hugh percentage of the globe uses GSM and CDMA is only used in the US then it depends on when they want to.

Its "usually" takes about a year for the CDMA versions of GSM phones to make it to Sprint.

Nextel 8350i is coming out with 4.6 OS, which is neat, but I say May/June 08 for a new bb on sprint

11-10-08 11:08 AM
    I hope Sprint does get the phone if not they may lost a lot of customer and money I think
    11-10-08 11:38 AM
    Truth be told sprint has the larget customer, the US government on there IDEN network, so I'm pretty sure sprint will be financially secured, seeing as how a paper clip in the pentagon cost $500 I could imagine a cell phone bill :-0

11-10-08 11:53 AM
    Truth be told sprint has the larget customer, the US government on there IDEN network, so I'm pretty sure sprint will be financially secured, seeing as how a paper clip in the pentagon cost $500 I could imagine a cell phone bill :-0

wow I never knew the gov was on there IDEN network
    11-11-08 12:52 AM
    I keep my ear to the ground everyday through forum posts, blogs, and the like for any word of the next BB device coming to Sprint. Nothing beyond rumors and speculation so far.

If I had to guess, I would agree that the first Sprint BB we'll see hit will be the Pearl Flip by Q1 of 2009. Then by late Q1 - Q2 we'll see the CDMA version of the Bold followed shortly by the 8900 series.

Now a Sprint version of the Storm is a big variable. I don't believe this will be a Verizon exclusive forever. I also see Blackberry repacking it and selling it under another name. We may possibly see that one sooner than later due to the fact that the CDMA build is already in place.

This is nothing but speculation though.

11-11-08 03:24 AM
    Who knows but Sprints phone selection is horrible.. They only have a few decent phones
    11-11-08 09:26 AM
    their marketing is starting to improve, you see them linked everywhere now. their commercials are everywhere now, and their campaing seems to be directed towards a broader market.
    as far as iDen, is not only the goverments, but most Law Enforcement, Fire Department, Rescue, EMS, security, and construction industry are among the most popular groups that are known to use iDen (Nextel) devices. In most cases, during weather or power outages, the PPT system's outages tend to last less than other carrier's cell lines, including their own. The problem is that it hasn't really been updated in a while, they seemed to have the right idea at first and now they just dumped it in the back seat.
    figured Sprint would spend more attention to iden since it is mainly used by businesses.

In any case, don't hold your breath on newer devices. most of these Blackberries everyone is talking about on this forum are barely getting released if not still on the rumor stages. I wouldn't suspect anything new as far as smartphones from Sprint for another 8-12months, judging from their track record.

Their main concern seems to be cheaper delivery of plans and services.
    11-11-08 11:34 AM
    My prediction is the Storm by end of Q2 - 2009...just a hunch.
    11-11-08 01:29 PM
    I keep my ear to the ground everyday through forum posts, blogs, and the like for any word of the next BB device coming to Sprint. Nothing beyond rumors and speculation so far.

If I had to guess, I would agree that the first Sprint BB we'll see hit will be the Pearl Flip by Q1 of 2009. Then by late Q1 - Q2 we'll see the CDMA version of the Bold followed shortly by the 8900 series.

Now a Sprint version of the Storm is a big variable. I don't believe this will be a Verizon exclusive forever. I also see Blackberry repacking it and selling it under another name. We may possibly see that one sooner than later due to the fact that the CDMA build is already in place.

This is nothing but speculation though.

I hope that comes true about the Bold! Thanks for the info!

Who knows but Sprints phone selection is horrible.. They only have a few decent phones
    exactly, which is why I'm hoping new phones come out... can't lie, I love my 8330 though

their marketing is starting to improve, you see them linked everywhere now. their commercials are everywhere now, and their campaing seems to be directed towards a broader market.
    as far as iDen, is not only the goverments, but most Law Enforcement, Fire Department, Rescue, EMS, security, and construction industry are among the most popular groups that are known to use iDen (Nextel) devices. In most cases, during weather or power outages, the PPT system's outages tend to last less than other carrier's cell lines, including their own. The problem is that it hasn't really been updated in a while, they seemed to have the right idea at first and now they just dumped it in the back seat.
    figured Sprint would spend more attention to iden since it is mainly used by businesses.

In any case, don't hold your breath on newer devices. most of these Blackberries everyone is talking about on this forum are barely getting released if not still on the rumor stages. I wouldn't suspect anything new as far as smartphones from Sprint for another 8-12months, judging from their track record.

Their main concern seems to be cheaper delivery of plans and services.
    I must admit, you're right, they really are starting to improve. Customer Serie has been doing a lot of good things lately, take for an example, as soon as I get off the phone, I get a call from a Supervisor asking how the call went and if they took care of all my problems

My prediction is the Storm by end of Q2 - 2009...just a hunch.
    I hope you're right!

This is what a friend told me...

"they lost another 1.3 million customers last q, they have lost about 20% of there customers so far this year, and they are losing a ton of money. They lost $326 million last q, theire operating revenues went down too. Plus they have 23 billion in debt, and free cash of only 1.1 billion"

scary...
    11-11-08 02:48 PM
    I spoke to a sprint tech last week, he said they are going to release the bold. But u know how the speint people are.

11-11-08 03:39 PM
    Even if he's right, it could still be a year out
    11-11-08 04:52 PM
    Sprint will always tell whatever they can to get customers to stay, whether or not it is the truth....I've learned this the hard way.
    11-11-08 06:09 PM
    I say the storm because Verizon has a exclusivity agreement based on a sales quota. If they don't meet the sales quota that they agreed with RIM on, they lose exclusivity. This is one reason why there were rumors of a very low price on the Storm. If VZW takes a loss they keep exclusivity and gain customers which will pay them more in the long run. I have also heard from a couple different sources that a plain CDMA version of the storm (not the VZW version) has been provided to a major Sprint software provider for development.

I will say that this has not been actually seen by me, and there are always quite a few variables involved in Sprint actually getting this phone. At this point I'd bet on Sprint getting the Storm which there is already a CDMA version for (obviously) than the Bold which is GSM.
    11-11-08 06:54 PM
    I spoke to a sprint tech last week, he said they are going to release the bold. But u know how the speint people are.

yeah they'll say anything to keep you lol

Even if he's right, it could still be a year out

Sprint will always tell whatever they can to get customers to stay, whether or not it is the truth....I've learned this the hard way.
    how has this happened with you? Luckily nothing bad has happened with me (crosses fingers)

I say the storm because Verizon has a exclusivity agreement based on a sales quota. If they don't meet the sales quota that they agreed with RIM on, they lose exclusivity. This is one reason why there were rumors of a very low price on the Storm. If VZW takes a loss they keep exclusivity and gain customers which will pay them more in the long run. I have also heard from a couple different sources that a plain CDMA version of the storm (not the VZW version) has been provided to a major Sprint software provider for development.

I will say that this has not been actually seen by me, and there are always quite a few variables involved in Sprint actually getting this phone. At this point I'd bet on Sprint getting the Storm which there is already a CDMA version for (obviously) than the Bold which is GSM.
    wow awesome! Thanks for the info! I had the iPhone, & really didn't like it because of the texting. I like QWERTY key board way better
    11-11-08 10:35 PM
    I hope Sprint doesn't release the Storm, Thunder or whatever their gonna call it first. I'm soooooo sick of hearing about this device. I feel like I've already owned one and now I'm ready for an upgrade!
    11-12-08 09:08 AM
    I hope Sprint doesn't release the Storm, Thunder or whatever their gonna call it first. I'm soooooo sick of hearing about this device. I feel like I've already owned one and now I'm ready for an upgrade!
    lol plus I dont like touch screen phones
    11-12-08 03:03 PM
    I'm kind of hoping the javelin or whatever its CDMA counter part will be called makes it.
    Sprint has a few BB's on the roster that could use some upgrades. Perhaps within a year or two they'll start phasing them out with the newer models.

Shoot, the WinMo people just got their fix with the updated HTC models. It would seem obvious that their BB line up would eventually get a face lift too. But then again, you never know.
    11-12-08 03:19 PM
    I'm kind of hoping the javelin or whatever its CDMA counter part will be called makes it.
    Sprint has a few BB's on the roster that could use some upgrades. Perhaps within a year or two they'll start phasing them out with the newer models.

Shoot, the WinMo people just got their fix with the updated HTC models. It would seem obvious that their BB line up would eventually get a face lift too. But then again, you never know.
    Well I would hope Sprint sees this and tries to work something out with Blackberry. I use to have AT&T, and even though the service & connection is better at Sprint (IMO), I like AT&T because they're usually first to have the new Blackberrys.

I honestly hope Sprint gets the Bold & Javelin. Do you think if Sprint gets the Bold it'd be 3G?
    11-12-08 03:33 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD