Is there a way to use the Square device on a Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 04:48 PM
    Good question. If one installs the software via Snap, it may well work.
    One can return those devices without a penalty, right? Maybe try it.

Sent using CB Forums app
    04-18-14 04:58 PM
    There are a couple of threads on the Square and possibly the paypal devices. I don't recall details.
    04-18-14 05:49 PM
    The thread said Square works. If I was BlackBerry I would PAY Square to build an app. Imaging this device not being able to take a credit card. That's sad. If there is an app that BlackBerry 10 has to accept a cc let us know please.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 06:40 PM
    This is an area that personally drives me insane. The fact that BlackBerry hasn't essentially built the Square app for them is ridiculous. The fact that not one of these mobile credit card devices is supported is totally ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    baspeed likes this.
    04-18-14 07:22 PM
    I have found the square app on apk train if someone could explain how to load to my Z10 OS 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 07:45 PM
    If u have 10.2.1 just download app to phone then find it in ur folder and click on it and it will install.

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    04-18-14 08:00 PM
    This is an area that personally drives me insane. The fact that BlackBerry hasn't essentially built the Square app for them is ridiculous. The fact that not one of these mobile credit card devices is supported is totally ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    It's like they don't care. Its embarrassing really. Wonder how many people have turned the ol BlackBerry in for an Iphone cause of this very reason. Crazy

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 06:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    You can't expect BlackBerry to build an app for every developer they want on their platform. If it were that easy both BlackBerry's and Microsoft's app stores would be on par with iOS and Android. All square has to do is port their Android app. If square wants to do a native app, I'm sure BlackBerry would be more than happy to help them. However, when you are only selling 1 million devices a quarter, it's just not enough to make developers like Square care. Maybe BlackBerry will come up with their own solution using BBM Money.

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    04-19-14 09:31 AM
    Is there a way to use the Square device on a Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. I used 10.2.1, downloaded the Android apk and got it to work.
    04-19-14 09:39 AM
    I downloaded Paypal and it works if I input the card number, but I can't get it to recognize the dongle on the Z10. Any ideas?
    04-19-14 09:44 AM
    Two reasons:
    1) BlackBerry may help Square build the app but they won't build it for them. If they could just build an app for everyone, then they would have built Instagram, Vine, Netflix, etc.
    2) BBM Money
    04-19-14 10:01 AM
    Two reasons:
    1) BlackBerry may help Square build the app but they won't build it for them. If they could just build an app for everyone, then they would have built Instagram, Vine, Netflix, etc.
    2) BBM Money
    1. They built Twitter and Facebook, so with Square' permission they could build their app. Vine and Instagram are useless apps. Square has market wide business acceptance. Prosumers would use this app for business.

2. No one even knows how BBM would even work. Certainly based off of the small amount of information we have there are no indications it would use a credit card swipe.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 05:50 PM
    Credit card swipe will not be allowed after December, 2015 in Canada. I realize Canada is only one market, but with things moving toward chip/pin and NFC, my guess is that it was hardly worth the effort to create an app with a relatively low lifespan. My opinion.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 04:03 AM
    Good point, we are going to chip and pin as well. I am sure that the US will be delayed for years though! We are slow at everything!

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 06:11 AM