Hi I just bought BB z30. I found out that it can work on BB data plan and also on regular data plan.

My question is: is there any benefit of BB data plan over regular data plan. Both BB data plan and regular data plan are same price so money is not issue. I will take BB data plan if its better that regular.

Also if I do take BB data plan. I can still use WiFi where ever I have privilege.

I will appreciate an answer in simple words as I am not a tech person.
    04-18-14 03:55 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

If you're planning on occasionally switching between your Z30 and an older BB, you would definitely want to keep the BIS plan. But if you're planning to switch between the Z30 and, say, an Android phone, or use the Z30 100% percent of the time, it doesn't matter which plan you get.

Another thing, and maybe you knew this already or it doesn't concern you--BB10 is on par with the other platforms in terms of data consumption. Older BB devices using the BIS plan used to compress data, so you could do ok with lower limit data plans. But with BB10 phones, get a data plan thinking you're getting another platform's phone.
    paramZ30 likes this.
    04-18-14 04:03 PM
    i appreciate your reply.
    I still thought that with blackberry data plan my blackberry z30 will use less data.
    someone asked to sell my z30 to him for $150 + samsung note 3. the reason that person want to use bb as he has never used one.
    in my case i have never used any other phone than bb.
    what is you think about the deal.
    i use blackberry because i heard its better in security (from news that barak obama also uses it)
    04-18-14 05:59 PM
    i appreciate your reply.
    I still thought that with blackberry data plan my blackberry z30 will use less data.
    someone asked to sell my z30 to him for $150 + samsung note 3. the reason that person want to use bb as he has never used one.
    i use blackberry because i heard its better in security (from news that barak obama also uses it)
    The new bb10 OS doesn't compress data it's just like every other phone. The old legacy BlackBerry phones use BIS and compress data

Posted via CB10
    paramZ30 likes this.
    04-18-14 06:10 PM
    i appreciate your reply.
    Price-wise, the Galaxy Note 3+$150 is probably more favorable a trade to you than him. Since he suggested it, I'd check to make sure everything with the Note 3 is okay. Whether or not you want to go ahead with it, that's up to you. Think about what your needs in a phone are, and what you would be giving up and gaining. Both will be equally taxing on your data plan.

He does not use any regularly equipped BlackBerry that would be available to you or me. If what you're doing is making calls and sending text messages, the Z30 is no more secure than the Android phone. However, it is also certainly not less secure than the Android phone either.
    04-18-14 09:23 PM
    OS 10 will not run on BIS.
    04-18-14 11:07 PM
    OS 10 will not run on BIS.
    I don't think that's true. It does not need a BIS plan, but if you have one, it will work. Even my Android phone does. BIS plans default to generic data plans when paired with non-BBOS phones.
    04-18-14 11:22 PM