Yesterday I posted and got immediate help that worked, so I'll try again on another topic!
    Before I activated the new Q10, I followed instructions to plug into Blackberry Link to move data from old Bold (9930 I think) to the new Q10. Pictures went fine, turns out Passkeeper went fine, but the calendar was all screwed up. (I had thought I'd get the option to choose the data to sync, but nope, no choice.) It imported all kinds of meetings that had passed years ago as current, yesterday was marked as Thanksgiving, and on and on. I then activated my phone for the first time, and hoped linking up to the exchange server I am on would fix it. My emails came in fine, my contacts on that server came over, and so I assumed (hoped) the calendar would sync correctly as well, with the outlook exchange meetings magically overriding the mess. Nope. All the crazy wrong meetings are still there on the phone. (Thankfully they haven't been synched back to the server for my whole office to see.)
    How do I make the exchange server override what's on the phone calendar now?
    (Please assume a very low technical understanding of how all this works.)
    Thanks!
    04-18-14 01:47 PM
    Might be better to delete what's in the calendar right now and then resync the exchange once everythings gone.
    04-18-14 03:42 PM
    How does one delete everything? And if so, since I am now continually synching with outlook since the phone is hooked up, wouldn't that delete everything THERE too (the correct stuff I want to keep)?
    04-18-14 03:59 PM
    If your exchange calendar is correct, then turn off the data on your phone and wipe the calendar. Then resync with the exchange.

As for the deletion, I've just deleted an account in the settings and it wiped the calendar. Can you not do that?
    04-18-14 06:13 PM
    Just tried that - nope, deleted the account, all the garbage still stayed on the calendar (which makes sense, since the garbage came when I synced with the previous blackberry, before I added the account). Anyone know can I completely delete everything from the calendar?
    04-20-14 06:24 PM
    I'm wondering if the calendar items were not imported to the local calendar instead when you copied the data over. Go to one of your messed up appointments and take a look in which calendar it resides right now.

Posted on my awesome Z10 (STL100-3, 10.2.1.2102)
    04-20-14 06:29 PM
    Yes, I believe you are right - it says "Home (local calendar)". How do I wipe all those out?
    04-20-14 06:37 PM
    Wow. I am frustrated for you! Don't have a clue what to do, but I am looking. I would be lost without my calendar! Hang in there...

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 06:53 PM
    So I typed "clear local calendar" in search, and it says to go into settings, hit the overflow menu and there is a "clear" option...

I do not have the overflow available on my Z10, but maybe this could be a starting point for you?

Duh! It's the main settings, accounts, then the overflow menu... clear local calendar.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 06:56 PM
    Ok, that worked after the 3rd time. So now garbage calendar is gone. Tried to 'delete local contacts' but that DIDN'T work after 3 tries. So I'll add my outlook exchange account now, and see if my contacts are all duplicated! Stay tuned...
    CMcRob likes this.
    04-20-14 07:42 PM
    Ok, it seems to have worked. Everything is taking a bit of time to load, but I don't see any garbage or duplicates yet. Thanks for your help!
    CMcRob likes this.
    04-20-14 07:57 PM
    Awesome!

I live by my calendar,,, glad it all worked out for you

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CMcRob; 04-20-14 at 08:17 PM.
    04-20-14 08:03 PM