Why is the BlackBerry doesn't have the other apps that other makers have. All the apps are like "compatibles" but look really kiddie and have an older version look.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 10:06 AM
    That is the big question. I wish I could get the apps I want on BW. I won't get an app from anywhere else.
    04-18-14 10:11 AM
    It's a catch 22 situation apparently.. they don't wanna support the small amount of us, and people Won't buy without the apps

Posted via CB10
    TGR1, acovey and mossa210 like this.
    04-18-14 10:17 AM
    My blackberry has access to all the Android apps, and they run better than my friends samsung phones. Its kinda of secret here how that works.. but if you read these forums long enough you can find out how to do it.
    04-18-14 10:23 AM
    Why is the BlackBerry doesn't have the other apps that other makers have. All the apps are like "compatibles" but look really kiddie and have an older version look.

Posted via CB10
    Bottom line, people will develop for the platform with the highest potential for profit return, say 4,000,000 BB users vs 100,000,000 Android devices activated. Where would you put your time and effort for possible profit return. (hypothetical numbers)

And this question has been asked many other times, each time the same answer or answers.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-18-14 10:25 AM
    Wow. Well the Z10 works just as the same as the Samsung or Apple iPhone etc but I get the hypothetical of it but it's still the but you know. I have the SNAP too and some of the apps don't do right. Has there ever been an upgrade to it. Crackberry has too much info on these forums for me to even keep up with.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 10:30 AM
    It's about return on investment. Developers have to feel its worth their money and time to develop and continuously support apps for a platform. The marketshare numbers being the way they are, most likely have decided it's not worth it for them to devote resources to BB10 right now.
    04-18-14 10:30 AM
    I think that kind of sucks. I'm sure they'd get the same user capacity as the other products do. The apps come like months later and if they are thru BlackBerry or some other resourcer than its like a bootleg version of the app and doesn't give you the full capabilities the normal app your used to dealing with will have. Example Igrann doesn't have video like Instagram does. So you use two apps to get the full capability it really shouldn't be that way.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 10:33 AM
    Kind of too makes you wonder the future of the BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 10:33 AM
    My blackberry has access to all the Android apps, and they run better than my friends samsung phones. Its kinda of secret here how that works.. but if you read these forums long enough you can find out how to do it.
    This!
    My gf has a galaxy s3, it is kind of funny to see how long it takes to accept a life gift from a friend, to be able to play after you hit the play button...
    On my z10 it takes 1sec, on her s3 i was able to go to the bathroom and get back to the s3 before it loaded up the level...
    I actually make fun about it a lot
    04-18-14 10:36 AM
    This quite interesting. I think I try to compare some of it bc I had an iPhone before I got this phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 10:51 AM
    Here are my 2 cents.
    If Google allows Google Services to be ran on BlackBerry devices (Google and BlackBerry would probably have to come to some kind of agreement or contract--no sure if I'm right or not), this will allow any BlackBerry user the opportunity to download just about any Android app available in Google Play.

This is definitely close the app gap even more and consumers may look at BlackBerry as a viable option again. If this gains traction, top developers may actually create a native app that can be downloaded from BlackBerry World. But again, it's hit or miss.
    04-18-14 12:28 PM
    This might be true for some apps but not for the large majority of them. A lot of the them are really slow and it's obvious that that weren't meant to be running on a BB because of the way they look. Not to mention it's a crap shoot on which ones will work at all, and which ones are going to murder your battery. I try to avoid Android apps on my Z30 or Z10*because it's too much a hassle in dealing with what it could do to my phone.
    04-18-14 01:06 PM
    This might be true for some apps but not for the large majority of them. A lot of the them are really slow and it's obvious that that weren't meant to be running on a BB because of the way they look. Not to mention it's a crap shoot on which ones will work at all, and which ones are going to murder your battery. I try to avoid Android apps on my Z30 or Z10*because it's too much a hassle in dealing with what it could do to my phone.
    All mine work but for example kik I sometimes have to reload twice for it to completely run well so I agree. Tbf lots of android phones have their own app stores and not all Are compatible

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by spikesolie; 04-18-14 at 01:20 PM.
    04-18-14 01:08 PM
    If Google play service are supported on Blackberry why would developers develop apps for BlackBerry natively? They already will have apps for android that are working on blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 01:19 PM
    Yeah but if you build application in android and you need to remember the competition as well. Not all applications are doing great

? Slicing using my ?
    04-18-14 01:38 PM
    Great points mentioned. Def hit or miss.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 02:40 PM
    We DON'T NEED APPS. Why apps when you have a rocking browser?
    Because now that Flash has not been updated, many sites won't work. Try ctv.ca. Or try to play myvegas on Facebook. Won't work.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 03:02 PM
    BlackBerry app problem today is systemic and long in the making such that the app situation is in an ugly catch-22 situation as many has said and articles on CB front page attested. Recently, they decided to suddenly drop Adobe AIR without any possibility of moving forward starting with 10.3.1. They would not even maintain Adobe AIR in "legacy" mode to allow AIR apps to be ported slowly to Cascade or Webworks. Nope, 10.3.1 comes, cut the cord and that's it. I was reading the long thread of discussion with a lot of heat on official BlackBerry Adobe AIR development support forum a few days ago and boy, the anger and the disappointment, in particular, posts made by KermEd (he's one of the ambassadors here who also volunteers to tutor). I can see KermEd was disappointed in his particular situation. So there you go, catch-22 and developer alienation and...a host of other problems.
    04-18-14 03:23 PM
    We DON'T NEED APPS. Why apps when you have a rocking browser?
    Don't be that pompous ***

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 11:07 PM
    I posted some comments regarding this here if your interested on what dev's are saying.
    04-19-14 09:53 PM