These are things i think should be implemented but they are very minor changes, but important in my opinion.

1). Users should be able to adjust the icon size on the home screen. (this especially for Q10 and Q5 users). The icons are simply too big and it's a waste of space. This is where BB legacy devices looked better. At least give us that OPTION, so we can fit more of the apps we use most on the home screen.

2). App launch speed, and visuals. Apps simply need to launch quicker. Again i will relate this to BlackBerry legacy devices. When you navigated a BB7 device and clicked on BBM, or SMS, or Email, or even the browser, the app launched INSTANTLY. Now that being said, when you launch an app in BB10, i can't stand how when you click the icon, it briefly flies to the left to show it as an active frame, and then it launches. The app should be selected, and then expand right from the middle of the screen. Even BBOS did this. Launch times need to be improved! BBM takes far too long to launch compared to BBOS when i could get in and out so fast and send a message.

3) Calendar. Not much to say here but calendar certainly is a little bit slow and buggy. Performance enhancements need to be seen here.

4) CONTACTS AND THEIR INTEGRATION WITH TEXT MESSAGES IN THE HUB. Ok this reeeeally needs to be fixed actually. This should have been my # 1 but i just remembered now. I'm sick of when a new person texts me, i add them to my contacts straight from the conversation and it's extremely delayed and sometimes doesn't even work when i try to save them in my phone. Takes forever. AND. How many people have had the famous, screen goes black during a conversation and u can't see anything but that contact's name and u can't type or anything. Then you go back and click on a different conversation and it goes back to that same frozen screen with the other contact. All of u have experienced it i know u have.

That's it for now. These are very basic improvements that BlackBerry needs to fix if you want to consider this a solid mature OS. Otherwise i love BB10 i have to say. These are basic fixes that absolutely need to be fixed in 10.3. Then they can worry about adding other stuff after they fix what is wrong with BB10. Thanks for reading people. I want to hear your thoughts on these topics.

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    Sergiu1337, AmritD and Alvin Loh like this.
    04-18-14 01:29 AM
    04-18-14 05:08 AM
    I agree with you. BB10 is kinda slowish on loading app and app components.

1) Actually, I would like to be able to change the DPI for whole system (as you can do on rooted Android phones). Some elements feels too big on Z10 (changing font size doesn't help, the container remains the same.. eg in the Hub).

2) Also if you launch a message from Hub. Eg: if you open a facebook message you have to wait quite too much. It happens to some emails too. When you first launch a sms message.. again. Etc etc

Also I would like to see improvements on:
    - power usage and in the browser. Less power usage, less heat = better battery life
    - better memory management
    - global undo
    - custom LED notification light per apps
    - faster rotation
    04-18-14 05:22 AM
    Agreed!

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    04-18-14 11:50 AM
    ^

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    04-18-14 05:06 PM
    Just crazy idea, why not add widget on next OS. Maybe good idea of course will reduce the handset performance.

Posted via CB10
    tufcustomer likes this.
    04-26-14 10:53 AM
    Or something like live tiles from windows phone

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 01:18 PM
    These are things i think should be implemented but they are very minor changes, but important in my opinion.

1). Users should be able to adjust the icon size on the home screen. (this especially for Q10 and Q5 users). The icons are simply too big and it's a waste of space. This is where BB legacy devices looked better. At least give us that OPTION, so we can fit more of the apps we use most on the home screen.

2). App launch speed, and visuals. Apps simply need to launch quicker. Again i will relate this to BlackBerry legacy devices. When you navigated a BB7 device and clicked on BBM, or SMS, or Email, or even the browser, the app launched INSTANTLY. Now that being said, when you launch an app in BB10, i can't stand how when you click the icon, it briefly flies to the left to show it as an active frame, and then it launches. The app should be selected, and then expand right from the middle of the screen. Even BBOS did this. Launch times need to be improved! BBM takes far too long to launch compared to BBOS when i could get in and out so fast and send a message.

3) Calendar. Not much to say here but calendar certainly is a little bit slow and buggy. Performance enhancements need to be seen here.

4) CONTACTS AND THEIR INTEGRATION WITH TEXT MESSAGES IN THE HUB. Ok this reeeeally needs to be fixed actually. This should have been my # 1 but i just remembered now. I'm sick of when a new person texts me, i add them to my contacts straight from the conversation and it's extremely delayed and sometimes doesn't even work when i try to save them in my phone. Takes forever. AND. How many people have had the famous, screen goes black during a conversation and u can't see anything but that contact's name and u can't type or anything. Then you go back and click on a different conversation and it goes back to that same frozen screen with the other contact. All of u have experienced it i know u have.

That's it for now. These are very basic improvements that BlackBerry needs to fix if you want to consider this a solid mature OS. Otherwise i love BB10 i have to say. These are basic fixes that absolutely need to be fixed in 10.3. Then they can worry about adding other stuff after they fix what is wrong with BB10. Thanks for reading people. I want to hear your thoughts on these topics.

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    You couldn't have said it better. Almost stole words from my mouth. Very basic things that really should be there
    04-26-14 01:26 PM
    Not wild about widgets and don't want live tiles at all... active frames work better than both when utilized properly by app devs

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 02:27 PM
    The problem with active frames is that you cannot pin an information. You close the app, you lose the information. Or some resource hungry app goes crazy, bye opened active frames.

Take for example the weather app. The live tile for this is the better concept imho. Update the tile every hour or so. No need for an running app for that. Widgets uses more memory. Active frames same.
    04-26-14 02:50 PM
    I personally would like to see some OS7 features missing from OS10 like : Multiple vibrations, capability to hide apps, save messages and a native rss feeds.
    05-03-14 02:15 PM
    I agree that the contacts app needs work, as does calendar. These are critical to BlackBerry people. Something very important yet simple is a review of finger travel... that is to minimise distances for fingers to move. Now it is often the case to have to move thumbs to the top of the screen to send, for example, or to type in a contact name etc. I would also like to name pages of apps, rather than use numbers. If you are on a a page and start an app, when you quit the app you should return to the same app page.... no you go the the first page which can be frustrating. Of course I would also like to improve or doctor the sound. Then a faster focus for the camera.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 02:37 PM
    Make the "X" to close apps larger and more responsive. Sometimes I have to tap many times or even re-open and re-minimize an app in order to successfully close it. Might be a memory issue, dunno.
    09-08-14 01:57 PM