I have a lot of songs on my memory card, some are "mp3" files, some m4a.

My playlists play just fine if I'm listening to the music while connected via hdmi or the headphone jack or BlueTooth. But if I play my playlist over DLNA using the "PlayOn" feature, the music stops at the end of the last mp3 file if the next file in the list is an m4a file.

Grrr...

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 01:12 PM
    Are the .M4A files DRM, like iTunes+ copyright protected audio files?
    04-17-14 01:31 PM
    How can I tell?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 02:15 PM
    Press and hold the music file and the menu on the right should pop up. Hit properties and it should show you. The properties icon is 4 horizontal lines with a colon at the end, not the one with the + sign.

Q10/10.2.1.2758 PIN: 3348639A
    04-17-14 02:22 PM
    Are the .M4A files DRM, like iTunes+ copyright protected audio files?
    How can I tell which files are DRM files? The file properties includes various bits of info about the file but nothing which indicates if it is subject to DRM or not.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 06:56 PM
    How can I tell which files are DRM files? The file properties includes various bits of info about the file but nothing which indicates if it is subject to DRM or not.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, I don't know what the file properties would look like for a DRM file, as I have none.

.M4A files are Apple ACC encoded files, and if purchased via iTunes+ can also be copyright protected, like the old version .M4P files.

The reason I asked if the .M4A files were DRM protected is that some DLNA devices don't like copyright protected files, as by the nature of streaming via DLNA, you are in fact "sharing" the file to another device and technically sorta violating the copyright, in the device's eyes.

Other issues could be that while the .M4A file will play via the Blackberry's media player, the device you are streaming too might not be able to properly handle the .M4A files, as the DLNA device is using it's player and not the BlackBerry's, so it skips/ignores/stops/hangs on those.
    When you are playing the file via HDMI, Headset Jack, or Bluetooth, you are using the BlackBerry's player, but via DLNA you are using the target device's player.

I run into issues if I DLNA to a smart TV sometimes with some videos I have, a few encodes that play fine on my Z30 are not recognized formats for the TV.
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 04-17-14 at 07:55 PM.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-17-14 07:44 PM
    I don't think you can play Apple DRM protected files on your BlackBerry as it is not possible to authorize the BlackBerry 10 device from within iTunes.

BlackBerry Link wouldn't even sync the handful of Apple DRM protected songs to my BlackBerry 10 device.

And FYI all of my ripped into iTunes w/o DRM have the M4A extension.

Back to the OP's question, it could be the table get device doesn't know how to handle the specific Apple codec being used in the audio file whereas there is more general support for MP3 files.

Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    04-17-14 08:35 PM