I'm trying to find a way to use the bb10 'Play on' feature with youtube. I cant seem to figure out how to do this?

The youtube 'app' for my q10 appears to be just a link to the website, which is usually fine, but im not sure that the bb10 browser does 'Play on' ?

Any tips?

In another thread people were talking about a new version of youtube since 10.2 which supports Play on, but I find this confusing as there doesnt appear to be an official youtube app for BB10, and I cant find the Play on feature within the browser?

From another thread:
    "I noticed on the 10.2 update that youtube now has a playon feature but only has the hdmi option as of now. Is this feature coming in the official 10.2 update via dlna/Miracast or whatever? Thanks. " - cb user ( I would have PM'd this guy, but I was hoping for a faster reply)

Thanks
    04-17-14 10:29 AM
    Does this option not show for you when playing YT videos?
    Attachment 263814
    It does not work for any third party YT app, or at least I have not found any with a PlayOn feature.

I just use the browser version whenever I need to stream something to an external monitor.

(never mind the second attachment, I messed up.)

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Attached Thumbnails BB10 'Play on' feature, can it work with youtube?-random-1-.png  
    04-17-14 10:43 AM
    Does this option not show for you when playing YT videos?
    Attachment 263814
    It does not work for any third party YT app, or at least I have not found any with a PlayOn feature.

I just use the browser version whenever I need to stream something to an external monitor.

(never mind the second attachment, I messed up.)

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Thanks for your reply..

The first link appears to be an invalid attachment... and the second, as you said..

Maybe just explain where I need to look to find the play on button? plz and thanks
    04-17-14 12:59 PM
    OK, ive figured it out! Turns out I was using the desktop youtube webpage instead of the mobile youtube webpage; that button doesnt show up unless you're on the mobile site, and playing a video in fullscreen mode..
    spikesolie likes this.
    04-17-14 01:07 PM
    Glad you found it. Seems the CB10 app is overdue for an update before attachments will work properly.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    04-17-14 03:45 PM
    I think you cannot have Youtube mobile version to Miracast in 720p, I think it just defaults to some lower quality.

I was using FastTube, but the removed the "Open In" option so I cannot stream the higher version via Miracast.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 01:04 PM