I upgraded hub++ the other day and all my settings are gone. I just purchased it the other day and it took about 30 minutes to set it up... why doesn't it save? Most time consuming upgrade ever!!!!

Posted via a mess called CB10
    04-17-14 08:08 AM
    I upgraded hub++ the other day and all my settings are gone. I just purchased it the other day and it took about 30 minutes to set it up... why doesn't it save? Most time consuming upgrade ever!!!!

when you upgrade it downloads the app as a new app. All your settings needs to be redone.
    when you finish with your settings for LED/sound/vibration/colour etc... you need to press the little "save" button at the bottom right, to save your settings for that particular account.
    Each and every account settings need to be saved individually.
    You also need to turn off your settings in BB native notifications.
    should work
    04-17-14 08:14 AM
    Well that about confirms my deletion of this app. I'm not going through all that every few weeks. What a pain. Why would it not be able to save a retaining file.

The reason I need this is because BlackBerry is too lazy to give us LED control which is a major loss since I rolled our office over from legacy. We relied on that feature...

04-17-14 08:31 AM
    Why not just use the built-in Backup on Hub++ then Restore your last saved settings. I set everything up on my Hub++ then backed it up. After the last Hub++ update I had lost all my settings. I hit Restore and I was back in business in seconds.

Although I do agree that it is a pain that you have to hit the save button after configuring every account setting.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 08:42 AM
    Sorry to hear that. Please ensure that you create a backup of your settings, so that you can restore if this happens.
    04-17-14 08:42 AM
    Where do I find the built in backup? I can't seem to see it

04-17-14 08:50 AM
    Push the 3 dots and hit backup. I just restored mine and didn't have to go through it all. I always look for a backup on all apps as this saves time.
    04-17-14 12:01 PM
    I had the same problem, but only with the newest update. Before that, it never happened.

I would suggest sticking with the app, because it is phenomenal and the dev (who commented above) is very active.
    04-17-14 12:21 PM
    Found it. Thanks guys...

Question. How do I get the network indicator to work like on legacy? That's the feature I bought hub++ for originally

04-17-14 03:45 PM
    Go to the "system" settings along the bottom. Network customization is all in there.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 03:57 PM
    I tried that before the update and it never really worked.. but set it up again and now works after a reboot. Thx again

04-17-14 07:07 PM
    Well that about confirms my deletion of this app. I'm not going through all that every few weeks. What a pain. Why would it not be able to save a retaining file.

The reason I need this is because BlackBerry is too lazy to give us LED control which is a major loss since I rolled our office over from legacy. We relied on that feature...

i dont think you have understood the app properly. [ sorry to say that]. once you have done with your individual settings. Go to main screen, settings, and then "more" at the bottom. it will show you the option to save ALL your GLOBAL settings under "backup".. Next time you upgrade you just hit restore.

the reason in this instance [ latest update] is because it was a major upgrade , once after bugs with the new 10.2.1 and secondly they have added a few more functions . [ two quick upgrades close to each other ] Therefore the restore would not have restored properly.

they do not have upgrades every few weeks.

hope you keep enjoying your Hub++.

[ i use it, I do not work for them ]
    04-18-14 03:46 AM
    Found it. Thanks guys...

Question. How do I get the network indicator to work like on legacy? That's the feature I bought hub++ for originally

well everyone now is trying to save on battery. Legacy units were not on ACTIVE SYNC . They were just dumping devices. it means it was just a unit receiving information that was sent to it by Blackberry Servers. So the led light just was an indicator that was "on" to tell you it was on as a unit.
    With active sync and BB10 the unit and your email /news /info accounts are continually sync in the background, so it takes a lot more power. So unless you are receiving information it just sits there.

HUB+ , set your led to stay on until dismissed. and reminder at 2hours. That really should have your unit blinking on until you receive your next communication. you can set this up for all your email accounts and all your other social app and also for all others. So if you set it up for all of them, your z10 is going to blink for a while.......

OR, you can get Bbuzz [ another app ] which has a function to blink just like OS7.

have fun
    Last edited by redchilli88; 04-18-14 at 04:20 AM. Reason: NEW HUB+ UPDATE 16.4.14
    04-18-14 03:57 AM
    Yes it was my misunderstanding of the app completely. I never could find a the backup. I believe I noticed it once but mistook it for a complete phone backup which I use fire chest for.

The network indicator is Sooo important for our business. Our office is in a tower and like most towers in major cities there is very little cell sevice. The green flashing light let's me know that people can call me. It's a feature probably none of you appreciate, but to a business man it means everything. It's working now for the first time in a year and I'm head over heels excited to show the other 75 people in my office who have been complaining about this missing feature as well.

bspence87 and redchilli88 like this.
    04-18-14 07:05 AM
    Bdot-1
    Go to your main screen, go system, check event, change to cellular, choose green, choose forever. That is Exactly like your legacy device.
    Will blink as a presence blink, until your different colour notification of each and everyone of your account get a message. At that point in time the colour of your specific acct will blink until you read/open. Then will revert back to presence blink. Forever...

Posted via Z30.
    04-25-14 07:03 AM
    A new upgrade has been released on the 24. 4.14. Enjoy your forever network indicator....

Posted via Z30.
    04-25-14 07:06 AM
    Cool thanks..

04-25-14 04:23 PM