I was updating the OS on a curve 8320 and a "fatal error ocurred." Now the BB will not even turn on.

What can it be and what should I do?
    11-09-08 09:20 PM
    I just had the same thing happen to my 8330 vzw when I was updating it to the 4.5os. A error happened and my blackberry just flashes a red light twice every 2 seconds.

Help!?!
    11-09-08 09:23 PM
    If you have not disconnected the device try to install again. If you have, then you might be looking for a replacement. Hang tight if there is good save someone will post it.
    11-09-08 09:37 PM
    If you have a dead berry, this thread should help you out:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

I hope this helps.
    11-09-08 09:40 PM
    I get to the point of the recovery of the dead blackberry where it loads the system software back onto the blackberry.

I keep receiving this message.

A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Device Communication error encountered.
    [A:0x00000025]

Anyone have any ideas what to do to solve this problem?!

Help is needed!
    11-09-08 10:36 PM
    I had the same problem, try this, it worked:

1. Unplug BB from PC.

2. Launch the Application Loader like you were going to install something.

3. While the app loader is attempting to connect to the BB, plug the USB cable into the BB.

4. Re-install the BlackBerry OS.
    12-04-08 11:03 PM
    i had the a similar problem with that error message....is their a micro sd card in your BB. i was told by a wise one that when updating the OS with the sd card in it it can some how mess the phone up dont understand it....

but my phone gave me a 30 sec window by staying on and i reformatted the sd card and it has worked ever since.... just trying to put in my 3 cents.
    12-05-08 02:20 AM
    I had the same problem, try this, it worked:

1. Unplug BB from PC.

2. Launch the Application Loader like you were going to install something.

3. While the app loader is attempting to connect to the BB, plug the USB cable into the BB.

4. Re-install the BlackBerry OS.

im with you this is what i did when i was isntalling mine...apparently desktop manager 4.7 doesnt play nice with all this stuff so i tried again with 4.6 using this method
    12-05-08 08:19 AM
    im with you this is what i did when i was isntalling mine...apparently desktop manager 4.7 doesnt play nice with all this stuff so i tried again with 4.6 using this method
    I have heard the same thing about 4.7
    12-05-08 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD