Finally got it! What are the must checked out items and what's the best way to load android apps? , etc..etc..?

Publicado con Zeta Diez
    04-16-14 09:16 PM
    I'd recommend sideloading Snap and making sure you go into Settings > App Manager > Installing Apps and switching it to "On", if it isn't already. From there, simply find the android apps you want, hit download and they will install. Alternatively, you can find .apk files elsewhere, navigate to wherever you've saved it/them, tap on them (or long press and select "Install" from the menu) and it will automatically take you to the install screen.
    cgallaer likes this.
    04-16-14 09:34 PM
    On the at&t 10.2 update how to get to show the names to show up when receiving a text message and its not letting me open a text message thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 09:54 PM
    I download the latest version. When I go to open the file it says, "unable to open file."

Posted via CB10
    Mozdony likes this.
    04-16-14 09:56 PM
    I have 10.3 installed. Might check the thread for information and Pros/Cons for the OS. Install an app called Snap, download and install or 1Mobile Market link and install. Both are great for installing Android apps.
    04-16-14 10:00 PM
    I'd recommend sideloading Snap and making sure you go into Settings > App Manager > Installing Apps and switching it to "On", if it isn't already. From there, simply find the android apps you want, hit download and they will install. Alternatively, you can find .apk files elsewhere, navigate to wherever you've saved it/them, tap on them (or long press and select "Install" from the menu) and it will automatically take you to the install screen.
    There's that sideloading word again. What's involved?

Publicado con Zeta Diez
    04-16-14 11:02 PM
    There's that sideloading word again. What's involved?

Publicado con Zeta Diez
    You have to load Snap from your computer instead of BBW. It sounds a lot harder than it really is. Once you have Snap, you can download the apps directly onto your device (no more sideloading using a computer).

If you don't want to go that route, search for Amazon's app store from your browser and download it directly to your BlackBerry over the air. It will prompt you to install it and once you do you'll have access to all of the Android apps Amazon has. The selection isn't as great as Snap's, so that's why most people go the sideloading route and get Snap.

Follow the instructions on CrackBerry for loading Snap onto your phone. You'll need Chrome and the BlackBerry Playbook extension. Like I said, it's a piece of cake.

Q10: SQN 100-5 v. 10.2.1.2102
    04-16-14 11:18 PM
    Download Sachesi from the stickies on the BB10 Leaked/Beta OS forum and run it on your pc (no need to install, just run it, plug the phone first though for sachesi to recognize it), from there install the snap bar, (drag and drop). It is really easy. On snap use your Google credentials if you have one, if not create a Gmail account and use those credentials. That's all to it to install android apps.

Life is simple, we are the ones that complicate it !!! Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2947/2235 on AT&T
    04-16-14 11:51 PM
    04-17-14 06:26 AM
    I download the latest version. When I go to open the file it says, "unable to open file."

Posted via CB10
    Latest version of what? If you are talking about Snap, you have to sideload the bar file. Then you can open it on the phone and use it to access Google Play Store. You cannot simply open the bar file on your phone.
    04-17-14 01:26 PM
    You have to load Snap from your computer instead of BBW. It sounds a lot harder than it really is. Once you have Snap, you can download the apps directly onto your device (no more sideloading using a computer).

If you don't want to go that route, search for Amazon's app store from your browser and download it directly to your BlackBerry over the air. It will prompt you to install it and once you do you'll have access to all of the Android apps Amazon has. The selection isn't as great as Snap's, so that's why most people go the sideloading route and get Snap.

Follow the instructions on CrackBerry for loading Snap onto your phone. You'll need Chrome and the BlackBerry Playbook extension. Like I said, it's a piece of cake.

Q10: SQN 100-5 v. 10.2.1.2102
    I'll have to look into it. Thanks!

Publicado con Zeta Diez
    04-22-14 08:37 AM