Not sure if everyone is following the Chip wars - but Intel is trying to get back into the game with it's Merrifield and Moorefield 64bit chips. Given Intel is motivated to get these into the market, why not a strategic partnership with BB?

If BB were to re-think it's lineup with Intel 64 bit chips (they support android so, they must be able to support BB10), and provide some investment funding to BB - perhaps BB could do a leapfrog here. Especially of the battery consumption is lower as Intel claims.

I would love to see a match up - and Intel has deep pockets. If BB could get it's act together with 10.3 and get a strategic partnership with Intel - perhaps they could get back into the game?
    04-16-14 07:35 AM
    Because Intel is about VOLUME... you have seen BlackBerry sales figures for BB10?

That's the problem when you become a minor player in a big game like the smartphone business has grown into.... no one wants to play.
    04-16-14 08:48 AM
    Intel has to start somewhere. As of right now their volume is minimal.

Having a strong branding pushing Intel chips would give exposure to Intel in the mobile space.

I think it's a great idea for BlackBerry to partner with Intel.
    Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 01:18 PM
    I am not a fan of Intel these days. They missed the market in mobile and low power chips. They have recovered somewhat but I doubt I would purchase a phone with an Intel chip until they get some more experience at managing power.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-16-14 04:27 PM
    Intel does have their manufacturing process in their corner, they just need a high profile device to get them moving. Blackberry could be a good starter, much better than Lenovo for North American visibility at least. Besides, that way BB could be the first phones to have 14nm processors, since Intel will *supposedly* be the first to roll those out! Of course it will never happen, but it's good to dream

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-16-14 09:01 PM