My friend just sent me this link:

Snaphacks.com/b/

It seems that the website manages to intercept and save snaps from users of snapchat and posts them all online for anyone to see...

From what I've seen, they all seem to be real... thoughts?

Needless to say, I'm not going to be using snapchat or even snap2chat very much anymore.... i think I'll stick to bbm...

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 12:15 AM
    Shouldn't there be the timer in the too corner??
    I haven't used Snapchat in months, maybe they've changed.
    I don't think this site is legit.
    I'm pretty sure it's phishing for login info.
    04-16-14 03:14 PM
    Shouldn't there be the timer in the too corner??
    I haven't used Snapchat in months, maybe they've changed.
    I don't think this site is legit.
    I'm pretty sure it's phishing for login info.
    How can it be phishing for login info when it never asks you to login? lol.

On top of that, Snapchat photos get posted everywhere anyway, it's not hard to simply pull them from different resources. Just because they're Snapchat photos doesn't mean they stay on Snapchat. it just cycles through a bunch of images that have been uploaded, you can even see it in the source code for the site.. hxxp://www.snaphacks.com/Files/c962685ed82c20ccc665accb407be0cb/New/Images/

The whole 'I'm gonna stop using snapchat' thing is a bit flawed as well, you should never assume any of the services are as secure as they present themselves to be. One screenshot kills all that logic, even when using BBM. Snapchat though is most certainly screwed well beyond just screenshots.
    04-16-14 03:17 PM
    How can it be phishing for login info when it never asks you to login? lol.

On top of that, Snapchat photos get posted everywhere anyway, it's not hard to simply pull them from different resources. Just because they're Snapchat photos doesn't mean they stay on Snapchat. it just cycles through a bunch of images that have been uploaded, you can even see it in the source code for the site.. hxxp://www.snaphacks.com/Files/c962685ed82c20ccc665accb407be0cb/New/Images/

The whole 'I'm gonna stop using snapchat' thing is a bit flawed as well, you should never assume any of the services are as secure as they present themselves to be. One screenshot kills all that logic, even when using BBM. Snapchat though is most certainly screwed well beyond just screenshots.
    If you go to www.snaphacks.com it says you can view your snaps and it asks for login and password.

Then there's this in the faq
    'By using this service you agree to grant Snaphacks the right to use and store any data, transmitted across our servers.'
    04-16-14 04:07 PM
    I was under the assumption that the website was taking snaps from users regardless of signing in.

Some of these people don't realize they are being saved online. I suppose as long as it doesn't have your login information you should be fine.

(or as long as no one enters your login into the site)

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 04:32 PM
    How does this site work? Are these pictures that have been screen shot and uploaded to the site?

Or can this website go through anyone's snapchats and upload them to the site?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 05:08 PM
    How does this site work? Are these pictures that have been screen shot and uploaded to the site?

Or can this website go through anyone's snapchats and upload them to the site?

Posted via CB10
    I was under the understanding that it could take anyone's photos. But it seems that the user would have to log into the website claiming that it can "save photos for them" then it saves all outgoing photos from that user.

I'm not sure if it saves photos from users that have not provided login information or not though.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 05:33 PM