I just got myself a high end bluetooth speaker system (Bose soundlink II), but the sound quality via bluetooth is a lot worse than it is with the cable. With bluetooth pairing it sounds like the highs are sligthly clipping, making some noise, and the sound isn't as deep... with cable it sounds very good.

I know it's not the speaker because I tried with Iphone 4s, and a Microsoft surface RT tablet and they sound almost identical between bluetooth and aux cable.

Does anybody with BB10 had this kind of "not so good" sound quality when listening to music via bluetooth?
    04-15-14 06:05 PM
    Just curious, what are you streaming from? A BB10 app or have you loaded an Android app? If it's an Android app try a BB10 app. BT audio and well, even audio in general sounds like crap on BB10 when played through a Android app. Otherwise, I've not had any issues.
    04-15-14 06:22 PM
    Just so we know. Are you running latest OS? BT audio was to supposed to be much improved in 10.2.1.
    04-15-14 06:23 PM
    I just got myself a high end bluetooth speaker system (Bose soundlink II), but the sound quality via bluetooth is a lot worse than it is with the cable. With bluetooth pairing it sounds like the highs are sligthly clipping, making some noise, and the sound isn't as deep... with cable it sounds very good.

I know it's not the speaker because I tried with Iphone 4s, and a Microsoft surface RT tablet and they sound almost identical between bluetooth and aux cable.

Does anybody with BB10 had this kind of "not so good" sound quality when listening to music via bluetooth?
    Take my word as an audio installer and I'll tell you that all BT streaming music is crap

BlackBerry Z30
    04-15-14 06:30 PM
    I stream to a bluetooth receiver to my 5 speaker system. Bluetooth seems fine to me, but I'm generally not extremely anal about music quality.

Try and get high bit rate songs and play it via the default music app.
    Not really sure..

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 06:56 PM
    Just curious, what are you streaming from? A BB10 app or have you loaded an Android app? If it's an Android app try a BB10 app. BT audio and well, even audio in general sounds like crap on BB10 when played through a Android app. Otherwise, I've not had any issues.
    using latest 10.2.1 and using the default bb10 music app, no third party app. Probably for some people isn't a huge deal, but I like great sound quality, that's why I spent 300 buck in this bose speaker, but there's big diference in sound quality between bluetooth and aux
    04-15-14 07:20 PM
    Take my word as an audio installer and I'll tell you that all BT streaming music is crap

BlackBerry Z30
    As a non-audio installer, not every bluetooth streaming is crap, you will not get flac quality, near 320kbs quality is possible wich is pretty good unless you're those anoying audiophiles.
    And if you did read my first post, you'll read that the sound quality is almost identical between cable and bluetooth in iPhone 4s and Surface Tablet, so there's still decent audio quality over Bluetooth with other devices other than my Q10... It's a shame that I don't know anyone with BB10 around me to test out with another bb10 phone.

Anyway, thanks for the input so far guys.

PS. The difference probably is only more apparent using high end audio equipment, didn't test with cheap speakers, but probably you won't see as much difference
    Hennry Satria likes this.
    04-15-14 07:25 PM
    I stream to a bluetooth receiver to my 5 speaker system. Bluetooth seems fine to me, but I'm generally not extremely anal about music quality.

Try and get high bit rate songs and play it via the default music app.
    Not really sure..

Posted via CB10

I only listen to minimum 320kbs bitrate music. I loaded the exact same albums on Q10, iphone and Surface. The Q10 had good audio quality on aux cable, only bad quality over bluetooth, so the bitrate issue is out of question already.
    04-15-14 07:27 PM
    I have a high end speaker, and my bluetooth streaming is great. I have a Q10, and it sounds the same with cable or bluetooth.

Posted via CB using my Q10
    04-15-14 07:29 PM
    I have a high end speaker, and my bluetooth streaming is great. I have a Q10, and it sounds the same with cable or bluetooth.

Posted via CB using my Q10
    As it should, especialy because when you go to the settings and you see that BB10 bluetooth supports the near CD quality APTX codec, that's why I found it strange that my phone's streaming isn't very good
    04-15-14 07:32 PM
    I concur. Blackberry Bluetooth audio quality is problematic. I've had the Z10 and now the Passport. Been very happy with the phone and would classify myself as a BB10 fan. However...

Picked up some higher end Bluetooth head phones and paired with my Passport. The low end sound was so crappy and garbled that I was ready to take them back. Paired with the wife's Q10, same problem. Plugged in using the cable... perfectly clear! Thought this was odd, so I paired with my laptop (Win8) and same music played perfectly clear (by non-audiophile standards).

So my experimentation seems to show that both the Q10 and Passport have Bluetooth audio quality problems (especially low end). Yes I've re-paired the device and I'm running the latest OS versions. I hope its a software problem that they can fix in a future update.
    12-06-14 06:48 PM