Somehow I am getting a feeling of losing it out to Microsoft.

There are ofcourse reasons,

Z3 delayed.
    No information on what is coming next either device or OS and actually when?
    BlackBerry too much concerned about enterprises, OS is now getting behind.
    No new money to spend (eating up the cash)
    Consumers don't know how BlackBerry will give them apps as Chen has already said that he is not worried over updates on apps. So is apk only thing? Which is half baked.

And why are they are not talking something on BB10?

Apart from this, as I highlighted before, below are the big misses or not of quality in bb10.

- We don't know when and what next coming?? (we were updated till 10.2 of new stuff coming to keep the numbers going)
    - Physical Keyboard yet again delayed. (Q20 not coming now but sometime in Oct.) - Gross mistake as usual
    - Blackberry Link sucks big time
    - Android Runtime, is for sure not the smoothest and also it is not integrated well (we cant even share content from Ports to Native, headless support, Hub integration, etc.)
    - Battery life (never mind Z10 was experimental device)
    - Active Frames (total no use as of now, we need some real action on this in form of pinning, widgets etc)
    - App world (number of junk apps from N4BB, useful 3rd Party apps, desktop use(sucks big time))
    - Lock Screen use (since we have a swipe to unlock rather than button unlock, we should have a interactive lock screen)
    - BBM (desktop and on windows phone) unless this happens, it is not a big deal.
    - Scrap the BBOS7 devices, just support them and get them updated with BB10 devices instead of a inventory write down
    - BB10 UI consistency is not great. Some apps have settings tab in 3 dots more option and some have in swipe down menu.
    - BB10 UI beautification, quite far, it needs a lot of improvement.(font, color, some bit of flat etc)
    - Camera app ( sucks big time especially after 10.2.1) and also very less options to select
    - Maps (we say we are for enterprise, Maps are quite important but they seem to be missing totally)
    - Android App data its a big task to save android app data and restore it. we need to have a app for this.
    - GSF and GPlay. I guess there can be some agreement between them. Without this it would not be a far journey.
    - Native development (pay developers and get more and more apps)
    - BB Z10 STL100 supports FM, Wifi Direct and Miracast, please enable them since you are now selling Z10 as the least expensive device and mostly in emerging markets.
    - Android Runtime support needs to be pushed to 4.4.2 with ART if possible.
    - BIS as optional service, but I remember that someone in the forum had said that technically it is not possible to BIS in BB10.
    - Keyboard is great, we need to make it more great. I heard WP8.1 keyboard holds a world record for fastest keyboard in the world. (**** man that was ours I thought)
    - Radio files(one of the most inconsistent files, we need to improve this)

For God's Sake, keep the pricing straight rather than a mark down of inventory later.

(C00387D95) - Happenings in India H.I.I
    04-15-14 09:06 AM
    Guys be rational.

Another point, why does not crackberry pointing these things rather than which twitter app users use?

10 is far from being perfect. A lot is there but a lot is still half baked or not up to the mark.

Even channels is nice. But sharing on channel with a photo is a little bit too much.

First save the photo from the article you are reading then share that article and attach the picture. Isn't that bad?

WanShark69 and Dave79 like this.
    04-15-14 09:11 AM
    Marching...

Android and iOS Continue to Dominate the Worldwide Smartphone Market

Per the IDC in 2013 BlackBerry was at 1.9% WORLDWIDE (not just the BlackBerry hating US )- Shipments and Market Share, , whereas Windows Phone was at 3.3%.

Not really much of a difference, until you compare those figures to the previous year. BlackBerry lost 40% and Windows Phone grew 90%. So I'd say that Windows Phone has blown by BlackBerry.... granted BlackBerry was going almost as fast in reverse then Window Phone was going forward, but the affect is the same.

Also telling is the "Others" category.... they lost 74.6% year over year. So it isn't looking to good for all these new "start-up" mobile operating systems.

They also had a chart showing average smartphone selling price by operating system... very telling that in 2013 BlackBerry jumped to the #2 spot, whereas the other three all dropped their prices in 2013. Granted Apple is still almost $200 above everyone else average.
    Donnierock and shahyaz like this.
    04-15-14 09:25 AM
    Interestingly enough, I read a review of the updated Windows Phone 8.1 yesterday, and it appears that they've implemented a lot of things that have been asked for since WP 8. They do seem to be moving along pretty nicely.

It may be the only phone I'd consider leaving BlackBerry for. I came close the last time before I went with the Z10. And I have been happy with it (no thanks to AT&T - I've done my own updates). But further improvements are still needed. I know they are coming, but there are still a lot of little things missing that should have been added long ago.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, Donnierock and WanShark69 like this.
    04-15-14 09:57 AM
    Certainly. Even I think if BlackBerry doesn't show up some great stuff. I am sold to MS. Since I need more native experience. Android run time sucks big time.

And BlackBerry hardly interested in consumer segment.

04-15-14 10:41 AM
    Windows phone is the only current platform that I've never laid my eyes on in an actual users hand so it puzzles me to hear this drum beating.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 10:41 AM
    Doesn't UI of windows phone boring

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 10:58 AM
    Prateek, you sound upset, don't take personally. The free market will decide who wins and who has to pack it in.

On the fast Z30
    04-15-14 11:02 AM
    I like Windows Phone's metro design, but it seems too disorganized. The Zune style interface wherein information runs off the screen is beautiful, but again, confusing. Aesthetically, it's probably the most interesting interface. Then BB10. I don't care for the other two big guys.

I must say, watching a youtube video on my iPad is like stepping back in time. I prefer watching videos on my Q10's tiny screen for the multitasking ability. If people realized how limited iOS is compared to BB10, especially for media consumption (on an operation level), we'd see more fans.
    04-15-14 11:19 AM
    I waited for a long time in hopes that att would pick up the z30. I looked at buying outright from BB but can't justify $500 up front for a new phone. I went with a Nokia 1520 and gotta say its pretty nice. The big screen, windows integration, and my own needs made the choice. I'd be lying if I didn't say the camera is nice too...
    One of these days I'll be in a spot to buy the Z30 I still find myself wanting and then I'll have a very nice windows very mini tablet as well!!��
    04-15-14 11:22 AM
    Prateek, you sound upset, don't take personally. The free market will decide who wins and who has to pack it in.

On the fast Z30
    I guess so.. coz BlackBerry is just so close to me. I don't want to see it fail by stupid mistakes.

Donnierock likes this.
    04-15-14 11:31 AM
    I feel people no longer know what the word "literally" means
    Thesmartmale and rthonpm like this.
    04-15-14 11:40 AM
    I guess so.. coz BlackBerry is just so close to me. I don't want to see it fail by stupid mistakes.

Afraid that ship has sailed......

Think Webster Dictionary just added a footnote under MISTAKES it says "see BlackBerry (formally know as RIM)".
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-15-14 11:40 AM
    Yes, after a few years of getting it wrong, Microsoft is starting to get right. Very right. Now they are advertising more. BlackBerry can still impress and they can still make it. Just don't expect them to dominate anything anytime soon or ever. It is too late for that. BB10 has been out only a year now.

BTW, that world record keyboard thing wasn't given to them. They applied for it. It's a publicity stunt and quite frankly it would have been nice if BlackBerry did that kind of stuff until somebody else came along and dethroned them. Then it doesn't look so good anymore. It will happen to Windows Phone too. Even a BlackBerry10 phone can take that from them but BlackBerry doesn't seem to care.

Some of your gripes stem from not knowing what is on the horizon development wise. We all know Chen has been choking out leaks but things may pop up unexpectedly. Don't expect it to be like it was before though.

There is still a ways to go. BlackBerry still needs to change some things to gain more traction. I hope they can start doing that soon. One thing I would like to see is their app developers working on business apps, Docs To Go, video editing and so much more. Instead we got a stinking meme generator in beta for the past few months. I shake my head at things like that. Although I like certain things about MockIt I would like to see more work done on apps like Express.
    04-15-14 12:06 PM
    Yes, after a few years of getting it wrong, Microsoft is starting to get right. Very right. Now they are advertising more. BlackBerry can still impress and they can still make it. Just don't expect them to dominate anything anytime soon or ever. It is too late for that. BB10 has been out only a year now.

BTW, that world record keyboard thing wasn't given to them. They applied for it. It's a publicity stunt and quite frankly it would have been nice if BlackBerry did that kind of stuff until somebody else came along and dethroned them. Then it doesn't look so good anymore. It will happen to Windows Phone too. Even a BlackBerry10 phone can take that from them but BlackBerry doesn't seem to care.

Some of your gripes stem from not knowing what is on the horizon development wise. We all know Chen has been choking out leaks but things may pop up unexpectedly. Don't expect it to be like it was before though.

There is still a ways to go. BlackBerry still needs to change some things to gain more traction. I hope they can start doing that soon. One thing I would like to see is their app developers working on business apps, Docs To Go, video editing and so much more. Instead we got a stinking meme generator in beta for the past few months. I shake my head at things like that. Although I like certain things about MockIt I would like to see more work done on apps like Express.
    Rightly said that BlackBerry is saying something, doing some thing else and want to be some thing else.

Enterprise needs office apps, maps, battery life and what not. We some this stupid app called as mockit. It's good idea but at what cost?

Just imagine if they had put those resources in to map or office or bbos features that are missing. It would have been so great.

04-15-14 12:11 PM
    I am not buying more BlackBerry 10 smartphones for family members not because of high learning curve but poor number of apps and also functionality is not just perfect . Also there is too much dependency on android run time.

I don't know where the ship is heading. They need to come out with a plan and also some excitement needs to be hidden for that wow feeling.

So far it's all negative as usual.

Donnierock likes this.
    04-15-14 12:17 PM
    I found this on another thread with similar topic
    http://www.citeworld.com/article/214...lackberry.html

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 12:19 PM
    You're saying the phones are delayed but you didn't indicate delayed from when to when? I didn't realise that BlackBerry had given a release date and that it was also revised.
    04-15-14 01:13 PM
    Blackberry is just plugging the holes of a drowning ship for now.After they are all set, they will set sail again.
    Skyforever and Donnierock like this.
    04-15-14 01:19 PM
    Yes but the app store is still missing things. It does have more "popular" native apps than BBRY though. Maybe you better check to see if the apps you want are there.
    04-15-14 01:19 PM

Z3 delayed.
    Consumers don't know how BlackBerry will give them apps as Chen has already said that he is not worried over updates on apps. So is apk only thing? Which is half baked.

Apart from this, as I highlighted before, below are the big misses or not of quality in bb10.

- We don't know when and what next coming?? (we were updated till 10.2 of new stuff coming to keep the numbers going)
    - Physical Keyboard yet again delayed. (Q20 not coming now but sometime in Oct.) - Gross mistake as usual
    - Android Runtime, is for sure not the smoothest and also it is not integrated well (we cant even share content from Ports to Native, headless support, Hub integration, etc.)
    - Active Frames (total no use as of now, we need some real action on this in form of pinning, widgets etc)
    - App world (number of junk apps from N4BB, useful 3rd Party apps, desktop use(sucks big time))
    - Lock Screen use (since we have a swipe to unlock rather than button unlock, we should have a interactive lock screen)
    - Scrap the BBOS7 devices, just support them and get them updated with BB10 devices instead of a inventory write down
    - BB10 UI consistency is not great. Some apps have settings tab in 3 dots more option and some have in swipe down menu.
    - BB10 UI beautification, quite far, it needs a lot of improvement.(font, color, some bit of flat etc)
    - Camera app ( sucks big time especially after 10.2.1) and also very less options to select
    - Maps (we say we are for enterprise, Maps are quite important but they seem to be missing totally)
    - Android App data its a big task to save android app data and restore it. we need to have a app for this.
    - GSF and GPlay. I guess there can be some agreement between them. Without this it would not be a far journey.
    - BB Z10 STL100 supports FM, Wifi Direct and Miracast, please enable them since you are now selling Z10 as the least expensive device and mostly in emerging markets.
    - BIS as optional service, but I remember that someone in the forum had said that technically it is not possible to BIS in BB10.
    - Keyboard is great, we need to make it more great. I heard WP8.1 keyboard holds a world record for fastest keyboard in the world. (**** man that was ours I thought)

For God's Sake, keep the pricing straight rather than a mark down of inventory later.

I'm really surprised they are still using wan 1.1. the pb has been using that version forever. I guess it never needs improvement?
    04-15-14 01:33 PM
    I have both a windows phone 928 and a Blackberry Z30, and for me BB10 is far better than the latest iteration of windows phone operating system. The only thing I really like are the live tiles, which is what all phones should have. Also let me state the camera is also superior than on the Z30, but for me this is just about it. I would guess over 90% of the android programs run quite well on my Z30 with the latest BB10 update. As for apps, there are also quite a few that are not available to the windows platform that are on android.
    Last edited by determined61; 04-15-14 at 01:35 PM. Reason: typo
    04-15-14 01:34 PM
    Certainly. Even I think if BlackBerry doesn't show up some great stuff. I am sold to MS. Since I need more native experience. Android run time sucks big time.

And BlackBerry hardly interested in consumer segment.

More native on WP you see the actual app selection there lol. Microsoft isn't interested in the consumer market only a way to tap revenue streams since the pc market is slowly dying..

Like everything Microsoft does besides windows or Xbox sooner or later a project dies... Zune,WP7 list goes on and on..

Just because you have a 500lb gorilla with tons of cash doesn't guarantee anything. They've had more flops then hits..
    04-15-14 02:17 PM
    I must say, watching a youtube video on my iPad is like stepping back in time. I prefer watching videos on my Q10's tiny screen for the multitasking ability. If people realized how limited iOS is compared to BB10, especially for media consumption (on an operation level), we'd see more fans.
    How many things do you do at the same while "watching" a video? Can you do split screen on BB10? iOS by makes up for it�s "limits" for most by having endless apps to be able to do things with.

I have a Nexus 7 right now, and my wife has an iPad. I know my next tablet won�t be an Android tablet. The iPad is leaps and bounds ahead in apps availability and more importantly quality. Even the Netflix app sucks on my Nexus. I used to doubt the iPad but it is the best all round tablet out there. There may be better tablets specific cases, but all round the iPad has it.
    04-15-14 04:28 PM

Z3 delayed.

Who said the Z3 is delayed?!! Please don't start rumors now!

I don't see WP becoming anything, if BlackBerry is paying as much as Microsoft is now it would have been in another position not just a one figure market share like WP is now.

My friend bought a WP a week ago, returned it a couple of days after, because it's too boring and the UI sucks, she got a Z10 and is happy with it, I don't think WP even has 0.1% Market share around where I live.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 04:42 PM
28 12