I am just thinking out loud here, and would love to hear your opinion on the mater.

What would happen if BlackBerry completely stopped producing normal consumer level phones. However started building more exclusive phones, and accessories such as yours.

I am not just thinking of Porsche design phones, why not Jaguar, Rolls Royce, and even The Presidential.
    Basically exclusive models only intended for the people willing to pay the price for better quality and finish.

What form of accessories would also compliment your phones, and improve your lives?

So, again, I'm just asking your opinion. Do you think that something like this could work for BlackBerry, or is it a foolish idea?
    04-15-14 03:58 AM
    In this case the apps themselves would have to be outrageously priced at hundreds or thousands of dollars, in order to make them profitable.

It doesn't seem feasible.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    04-15-14 04:17 AM
    I never thought of apps, but you are right there. A very limited market would mean the developers would need to charge a premium just to break even.

However the idea is to tailor the phone to your lifestyle. If they did a good job you wouldn't need many (any) apps. Except for those made exclusively for your company. Which your already paying full price for.
    04-15-14 05:12 AM
    I would limit the devices to Luxury brands, and give rights to other manufacturers to install BB10 on their devices. Have BB produce devices together with PD or Tag Heuer, and Sony for instance have their devices with a BB10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 05:35 AM
    I would limit the devices to Luxury brands, and give rights to other manufacturers to install BB10 on their devices. Have BB produce devices together with PD or Tag Heuer, and Sony for instance have their devices with a BB10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    If you were doing things that way would you really want the other manufacturers having access to your latest operating system and all its features?

I would think that someone like Sony could probably build a better product than BlackBerry, and I'd be afraid of loosing my clients to them in the process.
    04-17-14 01:48 PM
    If you were doing things that way would you really want the other manufacturers having access to your latest operating system and all its features?

I would think that someone like Sony could probably build a better product than BlackBerry, and I'd be afraid of loosing my clients to them in the process.

So what? Since blackberry is making its margin from the luxury devices and also getting a percentage on every activated device containing BB10.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 02:08 PM
    I've never really understood the PD line. Blackberry should give Porsche $10-$20 for every device, make them all Porsche designed devices and then do a premium materials version with the Porsche logo where P gets all the premium. Users would get great design, Blackberry would have a lot more design appeal, Porsche would get more money. Are we sure BBRY makes anything off these, maybe they pay Porsche for the licensing rights???
    04-19-14 05:03 PM
    these porsche design phones are hideous...
    04-21-14 06:14 AM
    I'm waiting for the Porsche Design Q20

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-21-14 06:35 AM
    I've never really understood the PD line. Blackberry should give Porsche $10-$20 for every device, make them all Porsche designed devices and then do a premium materials version with the Porsche logo where P gets all the premium. Users would get great design, Blackberry would have a lot more design appeal, Porsche would get more money. Are we sure BBRY makes anything off these, maybe they pay Porsche for the licensing rights???
    Don't think BlackBerry is paying them.. since the device is only getting sold in PD stores...

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 09:29 AM