i love my z30. i love its amazing battery. and right now, i'm kinda worried.
    at 97% battery, my device monitor is saying i've got ten hours of life left. that's after i deleted a few android apps that i figured might be the problem and rebooting twice. really, not cool.

i bought the phone brand new from a canadian seller on ebay a few months ago, this is pretty much the first issues i'm having.

thoughts?
    04-15-14 12:43 AM
    What exactly are you worried about?

Posted via CB10 Z30
    04-15-14 12:46 AM
    What exactly are you worried about?

Posted via CB10 Z30
    say your car gets 25 mpg, on average, then suddenly you notice you're actually getting closer to 6 mpg. it's somewhat like that.
    04-15-14 12:53 AM
    I'd definitely be worried if my phone was getting that kind of gas milage.

You should definitely get your car checked out.
    It'll be a real bummer if you run out of gas and your phone battery dies!
    Uh oh! I sense a full blown panic attack. coming on!

Have you recharged since deleting the apps?

Last edited by Lostboy5151; 04-15-14 at 01:10 AM.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    04-15-14 12:59 AM
    Are you actualy getting 10 hours / charge? It might be just the device monitor reporting a wrong number.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    04-15-14 01:05 AM
    say your car gets 25 mpg, on average, then suddenly you notice you're actually getting closer to 6 mpg. it's somewhat like that.
    If you want to look at it like that..... let's say your heavy footed and you drive your car really fast with lots of stop and go action, maybe you are towing something, than you mpg is going to be really low, but than there are other times you get to just coast and your mpg is at its peak.

You are going to get different readings.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 01:05 AM
    Wait! Back up!
    What kind of car are we talking about?
    04-15-14 01:32 AM
    i love my z30. i love its amazing battery. and right now, i'm kinda worried.
    at 97% battery, my device monitor is saying i've got ten hours of life left. that's after i deleted a few android apps that i figured might be the problem and rebooting twice. really, not cool.
    If you deleted some apps this means that you did things interactively while your screen was on. The screen background illumination is one of the biggest accu power consumers. (That's why you should reduce it to 50 or even 40%.)

Now, if your device monitor got the chance to make it's measurements while the screen was on it will surely calculate a remaining accu time based upon the assumption that the device will consume the same power on and on. In other words: the device monitor tells you that you will have ten hours when your screen is on the next ten hours.

Let the screen switch off. Wait a minute. And then look into the device monitor.
    04-15-14 01:47 AM