You are out there alongside your blackberry overlooking a beautiful valley, your first instinct would be quite obvious, you bring out your device take a shot and move on. But how about you do something more? After all you have a companion, a tool and a sidekick right along with you.

So what can your Blackberry Z30 do?

You start off by getting creative, write down some notes on DocstoGo, I wrote down 'Suspended Camp' I started taking some ideas and things I wanted to do. Here is what I saw that day so you can move along side my project idea.

The Power of creativity and BB10-img_20140405_153658.jpg

The next day I needed a team to support my idea, so I did a sketch of what I wanted and send it out to my BBM Group which I share the same crazy ideas with. Against all odds I was almost let down because they saw it as too dangerous and way too ambitious as a project. This is what I wrote on BBM along side the picture I sent out.

Hey guys, ready for another sweat project? I'm calling this Suspended Camp

- crazy man, no way it's impossible
    - there is way too much work to support that, besides how do you support that weight without proper rigging?
    - pfff typical you and your over budget ideas
    - ..... etc

The Power of creativity and BB10-img_20140310_125821_edit.jpg

2 months later I brought the idea again with a friend I met over the weekend and he loved the idea, I showed him my idea and scanned our BlackBerry PIN and the project commenced

We got a team along side and started sharing ideas over email, BBM Group tasks, calender and equipment lists. All was done mobile including, risk assessment on site, project ideas, equipment lists, dates of project, man power and project management. The final actual size project was like this.

The Power of creativity and BB10-img_20140409_202350.jpg

----

I don't want to annoy you with the boring stuff, so here is the project below.

----

The Power of creativity and BB10-img_20140412_191419_hdr_edit.jpg

The shot was taken with my BlackBerry Z30, the shot is HDR (Raw) and slightly edited with the BlackBerry editor.

I also used a GoPro which with the latest built 10.2.1 works absolutely brilliant, what I did to avoid going back and fort to edit the videos later, I used the BlackBerry SD cars (64GB) placed that in my GoPro so the next day all I had to do was pop it back in and all the vids were there ready to be worked on.

I used 720p / 50fps, you can use 1080p as storymaker can handle that but the videos will lag or freeze if played on the native media player, so I decided to record in 720 so I can easily work with the files.

Ok so enough talk and enjoy the shot and the small clip here. I just wanted to share an idea and how good your BlackBerry is. Most people under estimate the power of the HDR camera and story maker, these are part of your communication tools, yes you can right an email, yes you can create a note, doc or task. But a wise man once said, there is more to a picture than words can describe.

No photoshop or editing sources were used. You can share the below image and video.

Photo
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140412_191419_hdr_edit.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	263228

Video (building up and result)

Tools used on my BlackBerry :
    Email
    BBM + BBM Groups
    BlackBerry Camera + Editor
    Note Pad
    Docs to Go
    Story Maker
    File Manager
    Crackberry App (Forum Post)

Good day if you have any question please do ask, I will be more than happy to assist.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 12:20 AM
    The things people can do when they put their mind to it...

Great work

Posted via CB10
    smart548 likes this.
    04-15-14 12:34 AM
    That's freaking awesome!!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 12:45 AM
    Please do share the video or the image, I would be happy to let you use them as proof of usability and good quality images from our beloved BlackBerrys enjoy fellas

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 12:54 AM
    How can BlackBerry fail with so much talented people as fan base ? Never! Great work!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 06:47 AM
    Loved the integration of the music with the video. Created some nice dramatic moments. Fantastic project too.

My daughter recently retired from competitive gymnastics after ten years. On our way back from her final competition I made a video on StoryMaker as her farewell video and shared it. It was a great way of sharing our special moments.

Everyone asked what app did I use and it was nice to say it's a BlackBerry App!

Loving my Zed 10!!
    04-15-14 07:01 AM
    We had all the right permits in hand for this project and we are ahead of them we cleaned the valley from rubbish people leave so we can say that we gave a lot more for a 24hour project Plus everything here was non-damageable to nature. But you are right, some people are so keen to cause trouble or annoyance that yes it could have been possible for someone to stop us. But nobody did
    04-15-14 07:44 AM
    I'm glad you use Story Maker as well. I love it, i just wished there are updates to it so i can experiment new editing. But the power of StoryMaker is more than meets the eye. If i had to do it with Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas, LightWorks etc editing 50 GoPro videos would be a nightmare with all the crashes, restarts, and not to mention the huge size of the file. We under estimate the native tools we have on these devices. My friends are now all like, you will do the editing ? it's like obvious now
    04-15-14 07:52 AM