I'm guessing many of us have already read this article from N4BB that says there will be no new high end touch device released in 2014 by BlackBerry.

For those that haven't:
    Chen: There Will Be Touchscreen BlackBerry Devices Going Forward - N4BB

I find this very disappointing. I'm glad that the Z3 won't be the last ever touch screen, but I think it's a big mistake not to release a flagship touch in 2014.

Waiting to 2015 or even 2016, as the article suggests is too long for me.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Last edited by crazigee; 04-15-14 at 08:38 AM.
    04-14-14 02:57 PM
    We want touch screen! We want touch screen! We want touch screen!

Z10
    FastLane228 and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    04-14-14 03:00 PM
    I feel good knowing I just got my Z30 and that there won't be some new big one coming out soon.

Without the apps, a high end BlackBerry all touch device would likely meet the same fate as the Z10 and Z30, where we diehards love it, but the mainstream consumers ignore it or don't even know about its existence.

Hate to say it, but I think this is for the best. If people wanted a touchscreen BlackBerry 10 device, the Z10 wouldn't have had to be written down, and the Z30 would be in high demand at Verizon, and they'd keep it in-store and not relegate it to online-only.
    04-14-14 03:02 PM
    Well, time to start thinking of a plan then.

Myself, even if this is true, I'm not going to get a new device before 2015. I want the latest and greatest whatever it is they are brewing.
    red72 and jaydee5799 like this.
    04-14-14 03:02 PM
    Let's face it Chen is fixated on physical keyboards and enterprise, he's trying to turn the clock back to 2005 and pretend nothings changed.
    Rather embarrassing really.
    04-14-14 03:09 PM
    I feel good knowing I just got my Z30 and that there won't be some new big one coming out soon.

Without the apps, a high end BlackBerry all touch device would likely meet the same fate as the Z10 and Z30, where we diehards love it, but the mainstream consumers ignore it or don't even know about its existence.

Hate to say it, but I think this is for the best. If people wanted a touchscreen BlackBerry 10 device, the Z10 wouldn't have had to be written down, and the Z30 would be in high demand at Verizon, and they'd keep it in-store and not relegate it to online-only.
    Haha that's true. Nothing worse than buying a device only to have a new better released right afterwards.

richardat likes this.
    This article says no high end all-touch devices in 2014... who says they won't release one in early 2015?

It could also be Chen avoiding making promises like Thor and having them backfire. Better off saying that they're not releasing anything and surprising everyone with a new device than having the opposite happen.

Posted via CB10
    I have a friend who worked at BB on a co-op work term, and has openly told me and a few other friends to refrain from getting the Z30, because a kick-*** touchscreen phone is on its way. I trust my friend and everything, but hearing things like this has to make you wonder whether or not the phone he was talking about got scrapped...
    Last edited by RayFineR; 04-14-14 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors
    milo53 and eyesopen1111 like this.
    04-14-14 03:30 PM
    I have a friend who worked at BB on a co-op work term, and has openly told me and a few other friends to refrain from getting the Z30, because a kick-*** touchscreen phone is on its way. I trust my friend and everything, but hearing things like this has to make you wonder whether or not the phone he was talking about got scrapped...
    I'd trust this article over some info you friend got while he was co-oping at BB. Heck two weeks ago there might have been plans for a Super Device and it's just been killed in the last few days....

Personally the Z30 is an impressive device and I can't really see them spending resources to build, and then beg carriers to stock it. Can see an update for the Z10, but again I'm not sure that would really change sales any.
    04-14-14 03:40 PM
    I'm guessing many of us have already read this article from N4BB that says there will be now new high end touch device released in 2014 by BlackBerry.

For those that haven't:
    Chen: There Will Be Touchscreen BlackBerry Devices Going Forward - N4BB

I find this very disappointing. I'm glad that the Z3 won't be the last ever touch screen, but I think it's a big mistake not to release a flagship touch in 2014.

I will be very happy with my Z30 for the next couple of years. It is a great phone and works great, what is wrong with buying one?
    04-14-14 03:46 PM
    If anything they should be pushing out high end keyboard devices to keep enterprise/"prosumer" customers happy. This also helps bring in any legacy users still holding on to their keyboards.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    04-14-14 03:51 PM
    It's not like the Z10 and Z30 are Storms, they see actually both quite well equipped and good performing devices. One is medium sized and the other is large sized. The Z3 is also large sized and decently spec'd for its price point. Except to play spec wars or to jump into the phablet fad, they don't need a new touch this year. For that matter, is there an app running on BlackBerry 10 that would even benefit from better specs?

Just show people what the current devices can do (and do well!) and people will buy them. No need to make a new device just for the hype involved.
    wolffkrieger likes this.
    04-14-14 03:57 PM
    Q1 2015 would be just about right for me, my Z10 will be 2 years old, good time to buy a new touch screen.

Anyway, hope BlackBerry doesn't scrap the idea of all touch flagship ... :S

Posted via CB10
    diegonei, jaydee5799 and DB_Cooper like this.
    04-14-14 04:01 PM
    It's not like the Z10 and Z30 are Storms, they see actually both quite well equipped and good performing devices. One is medium sized and the other is large sized. The Z3 is also large sized and decently spec'd for its price point. Except to play spec wars or to jump into the phablet fad, they don't need a new touch this year. For that matter, is there an app running on BlackBerry 10 that would even benefit from better specs?

Just show people what the current devices can do (and do well!) and people will buy them. No need to make a new device just for the hype involved.
    Convincing people that the Z10 and Z30 are good enough is never going to be the key to succeed on a large scale. Coming out with a device that generates its own positive feedback and publicity will.

Last edited by crazigee; 04-14-14 at 04:17 PM.
    04-14-14 04:01 PM
    I'd trust this article over some info you friend got while he was co-oping at BB. Heck two weeks ago there might have been plans for a Super Device and it's just been killed in the last few days....

Personally the Z30 is an impressive device and I can't really see them spending resources to build, and then beg carriers to stock it. Can see an update for the Z10, but again I'm not sure that would really change sales any.
    Yeah, but logic dictates that no device in 2014 translates as latest tech available in 2015.

I agree, hear say is no good source, but thid is the reason I said 2015 is Phone Year.

Q1 2015 would be just about right for me, my Z10 will be 2 years old, good time to buy a new touch screen.

Anyway, hope BlackBerry doesn't scrap the idea of all touch flagship ... :S
    There was a clarification article last week where he properly said they will make touchscreen devices. This fuzz is not necessary.

As for your 2015 logic, guess we'll have the same phone this year and the next!
    04-14-14 04:18 PM
    IMHO if they get the run time right and not making it a work around as it is at the moment, I can see it picking up. Android 4.4 run time and Google hangouts working and I am sold

Sent from a mobile device via Tapatalk
    04-14-14 04:20 PM
    The thing is, I'm not clear where N4BB's previous story came from. As far as I've understood, the next few phones from BB will "focus" on keyboards, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're EXCLUSIVELY kb phones.

Has specific, definite word come out that there is no other touch device aside from the Z3?
    daveycrocket and Nharzhool like this.
    04-14-14 04:27 PM
    I'd like a lighter version of the Z30 with updated chipset and higher resolution screen. A Z32, read "Z30 - two" ;-)

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    GiantSchnauzer likes this.
    04-14-14 04:31 PM
    yeap, better off keep everything low for now, let the classic and the Z3 be in the market for this year and we'll wave hello to the Z50 or any new touchscreen hi end in 2015.
    04-14-14 04:34 PM
    Why not let the Z30 stand at the top and be reasonably priced than a high-priced Z50 that would only sell to a subset of BB10 owners?
    04-14-14 04:51 PM
    I won't say where I heard it but BlackBerry is busy trying to get their handheld Flux Capicitor ready for Christmas shopping season and THAT is why no new large touchscreens for 2014.

Remember, mum's the word!

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 and 00stryder like this.
    04-14-14 05:02 PM
    Why not let the Z30 stand at the top and be reasonably priced than a high-priced Z50 that would only sell to a subset of BB10 owners?
    What is the Z30 standing on top of?

The only thing that the Z30 is at the top of is a stack of other unsold Z30s in a warehouse or stock room. I'm fact it is mostly a subset of BB10 users that bought the Z30.

The Z50 or whatever they might call it, if it is actually a high spec device would serve to bring back some of the people that have abandoned the BlackBerry platform for GS series phones and iOS phones.

dejanh and GiantSchnauzer like this.
    04-14-14 05:29 PM
    I won't say where I heard it but BlackBerry is busy trying to get their handheld Flux Capicitor ready for Christmas shopping season and THAT is why no new large touchscreens for 2014.

Remember, mum's the word!

Posted via CB10
    Isn't Christmas shopping season in 2014? Otherwise it would be boxing week and/or New Year's shopping season.

04-14-14 05:30 PM
    The Z30 has extremely limited availability and no marketing. It's too late to push it now and I will be due for an upgrade in March 2015, though I usually buy out early. I'm on att and cannot get the proper device for LTE. That is not a flagship.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 05:31 PM
    How hard is it to make the refresh model? (shakes my head)
    04-14-14 05:32 PM
290 123 ...