I picked up my phone this morning at 4:30 am and was stunned to see that every text that I received before 11:30 pm yesterday is gone, as well as all of my Gmail, yahoo mail, and email from two of my three business email accounts. Oddly the messages remain in one of my business email accounts.

This is somewhat devastating to me as I have been counting on my text messages from my wife as evidence in an ongoing custody battle... and I haven't backed up in a few weeks. I never would have seen this coming.

Someone PLEASE tell me a magical cure that will bring my messages back!

I'm using a Q10 on Verizon, updated to 10.2.1.2122 a few weeks ago.

Using Q10 on Verizon
    04-14-14 07:33 AM
    And I have reset the hub with the 5 swipes, that did nothing...

Using Q10 on Verizon
    04-14-14 07:34 AM
    I picked up my phone this morning at 4:30 am and was stunned to see that every text that I received before 11:30 pm yesterday is gone, as well as all of my Gmail, yahoo mail, and email from two of my three business email accounts. Oddly the messages remain in one of my business email accounts.

This is somewhat devastating to me as I have been counting on my text messages from my wife as evidence in an ongoing custody battle... and I haven't backed up in a few weeks. I never would have seen this coming.

Someone PLEASE tell me a magical cure that will bring my messages back!

I'm using a Q10 on Verizon, updated to 10.2.1.2122 a few weeks ago.

Using Q10 on Verizon
    With 7.1 there used to be apps that could undelete and recover files. Especially SMS and email. Don't know how to do it on this OS. I searched BlackBerry World but can't find anything - but if you do let me know. Good luck.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    04-14-14 07:42 AM
    You can try using the instructions on this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=915416

I am not sure if that will recover texts and emails. Emails I would think you can still access by logging into the email service on a computer.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10.
    04-14-14 09:57 AM
    Thanks for that thread, but it doesn't help with messages, that's more for recovering deleted pictures and other media files, .docs, etc

Using Q10 on Verizon
    04-14-14 01:51 PM
    I have no idea in its possible, but maybe contacting your carrier could have some of the text messages restored.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 02:38 PM
    I am not insinuating anything here but have you verified that using the left hub menu that you are displaying all accounts and not just the one email account that you stated you could see?
    Help - all my texts and emails are gone!-img_20140414_183107_edit.png

STL-4. 10.2.1.2947 w/ 1259 clock
    04-14-14 06:33 PM
    I'm not just looking at the hub, I look in each account separately. I can see all the accounts. It's just that they were all completely empty all of a sudden on Friday night, except for one. I first noticed it when I clicked the Text Messages icon and saw that I had only TWO text messages, total, since the beginning of time, instead of countless thousands. But texts and emails have all been coming in normally on all accounts ever since. ??

Using Q10 on Verizon
    04-15-14 12:42 AM
    The bug strikes again. OP, you're not alone unfortunately.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=909947

#believeinfilm
    04-15-14 02:02 AM
    Out of interest, have you tried searching for the texts/emails in question?
    I only ask because a number of people were reporting that deleted messages were appearing in search results

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    04-15-14 02:38 AM
    The bug strikes again. OP, you're not alone unfortunately.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=909947

#believeinfilm
    Thanks for that... I did do a search with the CB10 app and the threads I glanced at had differences in their situations... but it does look like I'm not alone. And that's not comforting. Especially since there appears to be no solution.

I should add, that the emails are deleted from the servers, and not in the trash. This goes for Gmail, Yahoo, and my own website's web server email accounts.

I'm as faithful a BlackBerry user as there's ever been... I've used nothing but BlackBerry since the dawn of the smartphone, and email reliability has always been so outstanding that using my phones for email for me with my lifestyle has completely replaced bothering to log in to a computer unless absolutely necessary.

Now I find myself for the first time feeling I need to look into another OS.

Using Q10 on Verizon
    04-15-14 08:08 AM
    Thanks for that... I did do a search with the CB10 app and the threads I glanced at had differences in their situations... but it does look like I'm not alone. And that's not comforting. Especially since there appears to be no solution.

I should add, that the emails are deleted from the servers, and not in the trash. This goes for Gmail, Yahoo, and my own website's web server email accounts.

I'm as faithful a BlackBerry user as there's ever been... I've used nothing but BlackBerry since the dawn of the smartphone, and email reliability has always been so outstanding that using my phones for email for me with my lifestyle has completely replaced bothering to log in to a computer unless absolutely necessary.

Using Q10 on Verizon
    It was the last straw for me and it made me sell my Q10 unfortunately.

#believeinfilm
    04-15-14 08:46 AM
    It was the last straw for me and it made me sell my Q10 unfortunately.

#believeinfilm
    Belfast - how widespread is this issue and has it been fixed with the latest update? It concerns me as well.
    Hope #Rod can get this fixed - not a good thing.

By the way, love your new camera phone. Actually looks like a real camera . Got someone working on a holster for that?
    04-15-14 11:36 AM
    Belfast - how widespread is this issue and has it been fixed with the latest update? It concerns me as well.
    Hope #Rod can get this fixed - not a good thing.

By the way, love your new camera phone. Actually looks like a real camera . Got someone working on a holster for that?
    BB said to Bla1ze they can't replicate it so don't expect a fix anytime soon.

Lol it is a real camera, straight from the 50's, Agfa Super Silette rangefinder. Love it. Takes pictures like this

Help - all my texts and emails are gone!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1397580803.810744.jpg

#believeinfilm
    04-15-14 11:53 AM
    BB said to Bla1ze they can't replicate it so don't expect a fix anytime soon.

Lol it is a real camera, straight from the 50's, Agfa Super Silette rangefinder. Love it. Takes pictures like this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1397580803.810744.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	361.9 KB 
ID:	263361

#believeinfilm
    Nice shot! Nice boat you have too - LOL! Thanks for sharing.
    Went over and read through the other thread on this you posted. Until this is fixed I am not going anywhere. One question - does this occur on POP accounts as well or is it just on Yahoo, Gmail and the like?
    04-15-14 02:17 PM
    Nice shot! Nice boat you have too - LOL! Thanks for sharing.
    Went over and read through the other thread on this you posted. Until this is fixed I am not going anywhere. One question - does this occur on POP accounts as well or is it just on Yahoo, Gmail and the like?
    It happened on my hosted imap idle accounts, i didn't have anything else set up on it.

#believeinfilm
    04-15-14 04:55 PM
    I believe all my email accounts are IMAP... I have a Gmail and a Yahoo, and 3 thru my business' web server, one through @thsoundconnection.com and two through @cal-event.com hosted thru mysite... and strangely, the one @cal-event.com didn't get its messages deleted, even though it's exactly the same server. Go figure.

Using Q10 on Verizon
    04-15-14 06:02 PM
    Just to confirm, are the emails missing from the source as well? If so, then that is the way IMAP works. When the source emails are deleted, any client accessing and syncing with that account will also remove those emails.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 06:56 PM
    Very interesting. I had not heard of this issue at all until this post. Be interested to know what the folks in the other thread had in common to cause this. OS, Balance, apps, etc...
    I mean, you would think that it would HAVE To be a server issue since items are deleted every where. If it was a normal phone delete, then you would see the items in the trash folder. But that is not the case.
    I have had my my Z for almost a year and have had no deletion issues

STL-4. 10.2.1.2947 w/ 1259 clock
    04-15-14 07:26 PM
    Well it deleted all my text messages too... so it's definitely not a server issue...

Using Q10 on Verizon
    04-15-14 08:28 PM
    Just to confirm, are the emails missing from the source as well? If so, then that is the way IMAP works. When the source emails are deleted, any client accessing and syncing with that account will also remove those emails.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the emails are gone in Gmail, Yahoo, and my web server hosted email accounts online, and they're not in the trash in any of them. They're gone along with all my text messages

Using Q10 on Verizon
    04-15-14 08:31 PM

Using Q10 on Verizon
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5394686?tstart=0

Well it happens to apple too. I know of no one within my circles this has happened to on BlackBerry

Via CB10 Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    04-15-14 09:01 PM
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5394686?tstart=0

Well it happens to apple too. I know of no one within my circles this has happened to on BlackBerry

Via CB10 Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    It might happen to apple but it never happened to Legacy BB.

#believeinfilm
    04-16-14 02:22 AM
    Ok, I will then have to do some back-up on my father's Q10. This is a pretty big bug with BB10, especially if ti supposed to be a productivity tool.

Never once had this happed to any of my Android devices.
    04-17-14 07:30 AM
    Check out this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=924418

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10.
    04-18-14 11:17 AM
27 12