Hey guys,

I need your help asap.

I just got a $50 overage charge (used 10gb on my 6gb plan)... bell was nice enough (shocker) to credit the $50 because they can see I usually use 3gb

the issue is that it seems that every day I am using 300mb-600mb... but I DONT use that much. The BB Device Manager shows all of my apps using around 50mb in 48 hours and I only use a couple of apps. I havent been using my phone more in the last month but my data use has tripled.

They suggested a backup/wipe but I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem and knew what was wrong.

please help if you can. im 8 days into this bill and already 1/3 of my data usage (i have no idea how)

EDIT: I have never backed my phone up... do i lose anything?

HELP!
    Last edited by FSeverino; 04-13-14 at 02:19 PM.
    04-13-14 02:07 PM
    It must be syncing your media to Dropbox, Box or OneDrive.

You should turn it off.

Posted via CB10
    KDB84 likes this.
    04-13-14 02:13 PM
    Lucky, rogers pretty much told me to F-off and pay up.
    Skatophilia likes this.
    04-13-14 02:15 PM
    It must be syncing your media to Dropbox, Box or OneDrive.

You should turn it off.

Posted via CB10
    Thats the thing, I havent changed any of the sync settings in over 6 months. and Connect to Dropbox and Evernote show 40-60mb Data usage in 48 hours using device manager. Is Device Manager accurate? lol
    04-13-14 02:17 PM
    Lucky, rogers pretty much told me to F-off and pay up.
    I know. I was shocked. but they could see that something was wrong. and they also didnt send a warning text and email, which i was signed up to receive. They said I shouldnt rely on those warning, and I usually dont because I never even get them... but they were supposed to send one at 90%, $10 over and $50 over and I didnt get a single one. it isnt an excuse, but it might have helped my case.

I have never backed my phone up... do i lose anything?
    04-13-14 02:18 PM
    Take a look at this thread about FaceBook. I have not had this problem, but perhaps this is what is happening to you.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...cebook-922235/
    seluje likes this.
    04-13-14 02:20 PM
    Take a look at this thread about FaceBook. I have not had this problem, but perhaps this is what is happening to you.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...cebook-922235/
    Ill check that out... im backing up my phone so I cant at the moment.

Im pretty sure I checked FB in DM and it said like 123mb in 48 hrs. (thats a lot for FB, but still doesnt explain the other 700mb for 2 days)
    04-13-14 02:23 PM
    That data use is an insane amount. Do you have WiFi at home too? Agree that a wipebis needed. Did you download any new apps around the time the problem started?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-13-14 02:33 PM
    Sounds normal to me my data this month is over 17 GB.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 02:35 PM
    That data use is an insane amount. Do you have WiFi at home too? Agree that a wipebis needed. Did you download any new apps around the time the problem started?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    I do have wifi but I never turn it on bc im lazy and i only use 3gb a month ... but you better believe its on right now lol.

I dont think I downloaded any new apps that should cause that. I downloaded Tilt and the android app feedly. I deleted Feedly two weeks ago, and the data is still draining, so it wasnt that.

Im thinking either the OS update caused this or the FB update as GEBCO said.

im backing up right now, hopefully it doesnt take long and I dont lose anything important.
    04-13-14 02:41 PM
    Sounds normal to me my data this month is over 17 GB.

Posted via CB10
    maybe you have the same problem as I do lol
    04-13-14 02:42 PM
    I do have wifi but I never turn it on bc im lazy and i only use 3gb a month ... but you better believe its on right now lol.

I dont think I downloaded any new apps that should cause that. I downloaded Tilt and the android app feedly. I deleted Feedly two weeks ago, and the data is still draining, so it wasnt that.

Im thinking either the OS update caused this or the FB update as GEBCO said.

im backing up right now, hopefully it doesnt take long and I dont lose anything important.
    Hmm.. you did on OS update. That could be the thing if you didn't do it over wifi. What OS did you have before and what did upgrade to? If it was a big jump it could have been 2-3 gb

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 02:50 PM
    Hmm.. you did on OS update. That could be the thing if you didn't do it over wifi. What OS did you have before and what did upgrade to? If it was a big jump it could have been 2-3 gb

Posted via CB10
    Im getting a steady 300-700mb per day, not a big hit at any one time. which, i think is a worse problem
    04-13-14 02:56 PM
    OK, so my PIM services are at 400mb in 48hrs, looks like a constant 20mb every 10 mins or so.

Any suggestions?

email is Manual sync.
    04-13-14 03:00 PM
    OK, so my PIM services are at 400mb in 48hrs, looks like a constant 20mb every 10 mins or so.

Any suggestions?

email is Manual sync.
    Delete your email accounts, reboot and re-create them. One of them is corrupt.
    04-13-14 04:21 PM
    By reboot do you mean restart or wipe the phone?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 04:51 PM
    Still a legacy user but want to upgrade in a few weeks to BB10 (Z30). This thread has me worried.

Tell me, is the data usage on BB10 equivalent to iOS & Android? My daughter has an iPhone5 and never goes over her modest data limit. Most of my friends and colleagues run Android devices and never complain about data charges. Please put my mind at rest because I really want that Z30.
    04-13-14 06:00 PM
    Still a legacy user but want to upgrade in a few weeks to BB10 (Z30). This thread has me worried.

Tell me, is the data usage on BB10 equivalent to iOS & Android? My daughter has an iPhone5 and never goes over her modest data limit. Most of my friends and colleagues run Android devices and never complain about data charges. Please put my mind at rest because I really want that Z30.
    Don't worry about it.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 06:06 PM

Bell made it clear that THE ONLY REASON they took the $50 charge off was because they see that I use a steady 3gb, or less, every month. Even including when I had my iphone.

This means that the iphone and BB10 are compareable. to be honest I use less data with my Z10 then the iPhone. I was always on wi-fi with my iphone 4 (obviously this may have changes with new models and OS) but with my Z10 i dont even use wi-fi at all. I downloaded a 300mb file 3 months ago on cellular because I wasnt worried about hitting my 6gb.

After doing some checking Im almost sure that the problem is the new facebook update. Ill let you guys know if i find out for sure, but after deleting the fb app i have used alot less date (on wifi) .

Also, to take some worry off, my PIM services are 400mb in 48 hrs... my brother, who uses his Q10 much more then I use my Z10, has 10mb PIM service in 48 hours. He has a 1gb plan and has not gone over since he got the phone.
    04-13-14 06:13 PM
    I have a Z30 and am on a 6 gig plan. I rarely hit 2 gig in a month. I'm on wifi at home. I use Twitter, FB, Instagram, several email accounts including a work account with attachments and of course the CB app.

This is my usage almost half way through the month.

Data Overage Charge! (URGENT)-img_20140413_181340.png

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 06:14 PM
    Thanks guys.
    04-13-14 06:20 PM
    I have a Z30 and am on a 6 gig plan. I rarely hit 2 gig in a month. I'm on wifi at home. I use Twitter, FB, Instagram, several email accounts including a work account with attachments and of course the CB app.

This is my usage almost half way through the month.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140413_181340.png 
Views:	408 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	262918

Posted via CB10
    I HATE YOU!

that is how my usage looked... until this month lol.

i would say that that is average. my PROBLEM is just that, a PROBLEM.
    04-13-14 06:22 PM
    anyone know if this app (or any like it) work through SNAP?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ia.android.mdm

or if there is a BB10 native version?
    04-13-14 06:27 PM
    Open BlackBerry Virtual Expert, touch device monitor, touch the CPU tab and you'll see what's active. If there are any data hogging apps running, shut them down. Or delete them if you don't need them.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 06:31 PM
    Open BlackBerry Virtual Expert, touch device monitor, touch the CPU tab and you'll see what's active. If there are any data hogging apps running, shut them down. Or delete them if you don't need them.

Posted via CB10
    thats what i was doing... but it didnt help.

im trying to see a data usage app to show me which app is using the data.
    the device manager works, but i have to go in to each app and check individually

deleting facebook slowed the bleeding but it is still crazy usage with a closed phone
    04-13-14 06:41 PM
81 123 ...