Okay so I am using a Q5 and PIM services regularly chip away close to 15-20% of my battery from each charge. What is the way to make it negligible ? I just have facebook , twitter and one mail id . Facebook and twitter are not synced and the gmail account sync interval is 24 hours. Locations services are also turned off all the time plus the option to send diagnostics and data is also switched off. Any Help would be really appreciated. Really need to stop the battery bleeding.
    04-13-14 02:16 AM
    Is a few posts on this. They said that PIM was hit or mess - sometimes it was an issue and some phones it wasn't.

I'm wondering if there are some OS builds that are a bit buggy with it.

Posted via CB from my LE
    04-13-14 02:37 AM
    Either ways I would want to find out a way how to stop it
    04-13-14 02:38 AM
    You didn't activate the so called "Push" feature in your mail account, didn't you? If this is on it will pull every few minutes.

You could remove your accounts for testing. And then add one by one to recognize the right one.
    04-13-14 04:04 AM
    Either ways I would want to find out a way how to stop it
    Your best bet - if you have time...

Is to search up those threads and see if there is a good stable OS build people were using without the problem.

Not a solution by any means but might give you some chance of self resolution.

Posted via CB from my LE
    04-13-14 05:00 AM
    So if was dealing with the dreaded pim services issue. It ate my battery for two days. Then I found two threads. One said get rid of Facebook. The other said to let it run its course on a charger then everything will return to normal. I removed Facebook and no change.

I went to bed and left it in the charger with PIM services running at 40 percent and woke up with a cool running device and PIM services down to a minimal amount.

Facebook didn't seem to make a difference but letting the device complete it's task, whatever it is, seems to return all to normal. The real question for me is what triggers this behavior.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 10:33 AM
    Well I switched off push. Does the deal. But yes I would like to find out what exactly triggers it.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 11:33 AM
    But does switching off push mean I won't get mails instantly?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 11:34 AM
    I found that charging with the phone switched off and the PIM figures just keep getting higher. Charge with the phone on and they drop down to a small percent. Works on mine.
    04-13-14 11:37 AM
    But does switching off push mean I won't get mails instantly?
    Friends, your BB gets your mails strictly by polling. There is no instant way anymore (in the very most cases), polling has always a delay. Polling means the BB asks the mail server in cyclic intervals, again and again. You can configure that interval separately for each mail account. If you activate "Push" then it polls as fast as possible every few minutes. If you say "1 hour" then your BB gets new mails once in an hour, if "24 hours" then once a day. If you say "Manually" (perhaps the most interesting option) the Hub is refreshed everytime you enter him. - It is in your own responsibility to configure something right. If you have unlimited data volume you can surely activate Push and get new mails with a maximum delay of about 5 minutes. This will lead you to 1 or 2 MB of data volume every day just for the polling. Most people would accept much longer intervals without any problems. I do it manually.
    04-14-14 01:01 AM
    This is what happens suddenly. On standby, battery drained close to 10% suddenly. It's like u can't depend on your phone anymore. Please blackberry address this issue quick. Why can't everyone have a uniform experience ?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 08:22 AM
    Please tell me a way to stop this

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 08:32 AM
    PIM Services-img_20140414_190214.png

for some reason the app didnt attach the pictures
    04-14-14 09:24 AM
    PIM Services-img_20140414_185022.png

See the battery suddenly drop on standby.
    04-14-14 09:25 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140414_185022.png 
Views:	653 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	263037

See the battery suddenly drop on standby.
    How do you tell that is standby time?
    04-14-14 09:45 AM
    Because I wasn't using my phone at that time. Thats why

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 10:09 AM
    Because I wasn't using my phone at that time. Thats why

Posted via CB10
    Ah, I thought you were trying show proof it was in standby and eating battery.
    04-14-14 10:52 AM
    my battery lasts 3-4 hours if I am lucky...longer if on wifi only...so I chalk it up to verizon radio eating it up.
    04-14-14 08:36 PM
    Could you please inform us about your BB's network activities? PIM services is the app behind your Hub. If PIM services drain your battery the reason is surely heavy network traffic related to your email, Facebook, Twitter and other accounts in the Hub. Reduce brainless polling by setting much longer polling intervals. Remove the idiotic "Push" option. This is the key to a much longer standby time. (BTW: there are still some other keys ...)

My device must be charged every four (!) days. My PIM services are responsible for about 0.28% of battery drain, the device monitor says.
    mexicangangboss likes this.
    04-15-14 12:21 AM
    I have an email account, facebook and twitter.
    Push is off and facebook and twitter are also not synced, they just refresh feed when I open the app which is maybe once a week. I get around 10-15 mails. U r really lucky if PIM services just take up 0.28% of your battery. Even after all this mine is taking up a good 10-15% atleast

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 11:07 AM
    I have an email account, facebook and twitter.
    Remove Facebook and Twitter. Just to test it. Never trust what they say in any configuration dialogs. You can remove any account from Hub by setting the option "display in app only" for this account, this should cut the connection with PIM services but not destroy the account. You can later bring it back into the Hub again.
    mexicangangboss likes this.
    04-15-14 11:32 AM
    I have facebook and twitter in their separate accounts only. And not on the hub. But notifications is turned off so I don't get any updates from either

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 10:51 PM
    This is similar to my question...

I look at my device monitor and it shows HUB is using 47% for Battery, 29-35% for CPU and 90.9MB of Memory. Is this normal?

My battery seems to be a LOT shorter now after the official ATT 10.2.1 update.
    04-17-14 01:03 PM
    I think Facebook continuously syncs contacts,live feeds, calendar even if you put all of them off. You need to remove facebook. Better do a reset and don't set Facebook this time. Worked for me.
    But it's annoying to not to use it.
    There should be some solution.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 09:29 PM
    Exactly my point. Why should we have to use our phone so cautiously?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 01:36 PM
30 12