Hi all,

So I'm not supposed to tell people this but a couple of electronics companies are sending me some components to build stuff with in exchange for some articles.

One of my next projects - I'm thinking of building something physical. Electronic. With a BlackBerry dependency.

Maybe an LCD message controlled from bb10? A remote camera for control? A remote control car where the remote is your phone? How about that fax machine idea.

Any ideas - please let me know . I'm hoping to put up some blog posts it encourage electrical engineers to start learning about BB10 and building fun gadgetry.

Posted via CB from my LE
    anon721037 likes this.
    04-12-14 04:43 PM
    General IO board (safely buffered solid state/relay/DAC outputs and digital/voltage/current inputs) for remote control/monitoring of just about anything one may want to hook up, via internet and/or Bluetooth - highly customisable GUI (something of a user interface "sandbox").

Energy monitor and statistics viewer (Pi reading the pulsing LED on your energy meter and logging kWh in user-settable intervals)

Real time Signal processor/Amplifier modeller.

Hmm, give me some time and I may be able to overreach more... :P
    04-12-14 07:56 PM
    Those are easier than what I was planning so definitely not overreaching.

I may build out the Arduino / Pi side using wifi modules - I have a Yun that would work well. Or I do have a couple SIM908 and SIM900 modules left - which means I can turn the Arduino into its own cell phone and use raw txt messages from the bbry phone to do... something.

Hmm I need to think. I am getting an idea.

Posted via CB from my LE
    04-13-14 02:32 AM
    This is great news! I have been searching for something like this for some time now. I like your ideas and those proposed by jojon2se. I am a huge Arduino/Rasberry Pi and Robotics fan and I would love to get my Blackberry 10 involved as a monitoring and control platform!
    04-14-14 04:44 PM
    Glad I'm not the only one! Well. I have some really cool projects coming up including a multi-touch arcade (coffee) table.

But I have ordered some parts (wifi) to make things easier. And should have something cool to show off soon.

I'm also tempted to build it out using blue tooth but wifi just feels more flexible

Posted via CB from my LE
    04-14-14 05:45 PM
    I know you say BB10, but if possible, make it available for Playbooks as well. More screen, more options. Plus, with them going end of life, there are plenty of extras to re-purpose. Playbook car alarm? Remote camera? Parking guidance? Home automation software?

Anyways, sounds like you have something in mind and can't wait to here and see it.

Good luck
    KermEd likes this.
    04-15-14 12:11 AM
    Will do!

Posted via CB from my LE
    04-15-14 05:27 PM
    I know you say BB10, but if possible, make it available for Playbooks as well. More screen, more options. Plus, with them going end of life, there are plenty of extras to re-purpose. Playbook car alarm? Remote camera? Parking guidance? Home automation software?

Anyways, sounds like you have something in mind and can't wait to here and see it.

Good luck
    Yes to the parking guidance, I have my PlayBook on my car as a carputer, and would love to put a camera to use it for backing up.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 05:34 PM
    Yes to the parking guidance, I have my PlayBook on my car as a carputer, and would love to put a camera to use it for backing up.

Posted via CB10
    I'm actually in the middle of building a GSM GPS tracker with kill switch for the truck.

It wouldnt be too hard for someone to add a Raspberry PI + NoIR cam to their back end. The hard part is connecting it to the PB because it only has bridge. But I imagine that one is actually doable.

You would need to add some kind of video > html5 stream > PB url browse or something therein.

Suppose it's possible to add a mini wifi router to the car to keep it on a closed network (I like cable free).

Posted via CB from my LE
    04-15-14 07:10 PM