Here is my situation. I sent in my Z10 ( Purchased from Fido in FEB 2013 under my account) I decided to send my Z10 in for warranty this past February at my local Fido store. They send it off, I received it back 3 weeks later. I had it unlocked from a reputable seller locally in Vancouver before I sent it in. I received it back, plugged in my roam mobility micro sim when I arrived in Maui and is said SIM Locked. I go into the settings and my phone and behold I am Hardlocked! I spoke with Fido tech. He advised I go to a local carrier (AT&T) and but a pay as your go sim that is unactivated and it will unlock it. I don't see how that makes any sense since my roam was activated online.
    I did also speak with Blackberry and the stated I must go through my carrier. I did verify my code is not expired as Fido had the same unlock code as I did.

If anyone could give me some direction that would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading!
    04-12-14 02:50 AM
    Check ur imei

Make sure it's the same device that u sent in not a replacement.... if it's the same device and not a replacement just try to re-enter the code...

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 03:30 AM
    Thanks for the reply. It is the same imdi. The phone is now locked out and I can't even type a code in. My MEP is at 0. I have done a search all over this site but I cannot find any answers
    04-12-14 04:18 AM
    Thanks for the reply. It is the same imdi. The phone is now locked out and I can't even type a code in. My MEP is at 0. I have done a search all over this site but I cannot find any answers
    Wow Rogers and Fido screwed you.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 10:11 AM
    Yes they did. I think my only solution is to send it back. But I'm hoping for a easier fix. I did read somewhere to do an autoload with an older OS version.. any thoughts of that working?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 01:48 AM
    I have exactly the same issue in France I sent my device already unlock for warranty some months ago and when I decided to change my carrier I found out my z10 lock again on the former carrier.
    I claim many times a new unlock password however they sent at many times always the same, the IMEI of the phone has never changed after the warranty procedure. When I sent the unlock password, I don't have an error message but I lost one try !! And the phone remains lock
    My mobile is like Hard locked !!!! I can only buy a new one...

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 03:01 AM
    Try calling in BlackBerry customer care!
    Hard locked is an one off case Nd BlackBerry might help you in this issue

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 02:52 PM
    The carrier re-locks the phone when they work on it. It happened to me with an older BlackBerry that was repaired under warranty.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 03:05 PM
    As already stated, check the IMEI. Most carriers don't repair anything, they send a replacement back in exchange for the original device.
    04-13-14 07:30 PM
    As already stated, check the IMEI. Most carriers don't repair anything, they send a replacement back in exchange for the original device.
    He already stated it was the same imei

Posted via CB from my LE
    04-13-14 09:53 PM
    I can confirm that because I used a different unlocking service and they sent me the same unlock code as I had previously. Plus the paperwork from the return stated they "fixed" my issueS

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 11:01 PM
    I can confirm that because I used a different unlocking service and they sent me the same unlock code as I had previously. Plus the paperwork from the return stated they "fixed" my issueS

Posted via CB10
    You don't actually check the IMEI from About > Hardware?

That'd be the most assuring

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    04-13-14 11:32 PM
    Right, so they jacked up your phone. Alas, I have no idea how someone could undo an unlock without being Apple. Still sounds like you have a case against the entities that performed the service.
    04-14-14 07:13 AM
    Just called Fido back again and from their great tech support advice a brand new unactivated sim, did not reset the MEP tries. This time they told me the only way it would reset is if I put an active Fido sim in it. Will try when I return from Vacay. If anyone has insight to see if this is true please reply!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 01:20 AM
    An activate sim card from your origin carrier won't reset anything ....
    04-15-14 03:06 AM
    You may be able to threaten legal action since they took your device and constrained it to their service. Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 12:03 PM
    When Apple/at&t were doing this to iPhones, there were two class action suits filed against them for, essentially, restraint of trade. (Sherman anti-trust act). Though not sure how they played out, in the end Apple had to stop relocking phones to their lap-dog network, at&t. Not sure what laws are in play in Canada, but if they made your phone unusable on any but their network, they owe you a new phone because not only are you now required to pay high roaming costs (when you travel) but the value of the phone has been reduced significantly... because who would buy it? You need to speak to someone a little higher up on the food chain... or call them and tell them they returned the phone to you still not working.

Again, the issue is NOT that they locked the phone, but that they made it so it can NEVER be unlocked and is, therefore, useless to anyone not on Fido.
    Last edited by scrannel; 04-16-14 at 10:33 AM.
    04-16-14 10:20 AM
    Not sure what y'all missed, but the carrier re-locks the phone during the service repair.....its standard practice. If you send it in for service or repair, expect to get it back locked to the carrier

Is that clear enough, or do I need to take out the crayon box?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 03:28 AM
    Not sure what y'all missed, but the carrier re-locks the phone during the service repair.....its standard practice. If you send it in for service or repair, expect to get it back locked to the carrier

Posted via CB10
    I think you missed the real issue here: it came back not only locked (re-locked) to the carrier, but ALSO with zero unlock tries left on the phone. Crayon Box?
    04-18-14 08:15 AM
    When Apple/at&t were doing this to iPhones…
    AT&T would re-lock phones when certain people would try to unlock hundreds in a single day. Now getting ANY phone unlocked through AT&T takes days, where before, if you weren't a ████bag, they would just provide you with the code, or submit your request to Apple in the case of an iPhone unlock. Those days are done, as even managers don't have the ability to approve iPhone unlocks or acquire unlock codes anymore. You can thank the people who abused the system for personal profit.

Crayon Box?
    He was implying that you would not be able to understand unless he provided a picture hastily scrawled in crayon.

Personal attack culture is one thing I hate about non-anonymous forums.
    04-18-14 11:58 AM
    Sometimes it does take child level statements to explain to some people. I hated dumbing down my explanations when speaking with AT&T customers.
    04-18-14 12:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're a jerk than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted via CB10
    Just TM and Septembersrain like this.
    04-18-14 12:58 PM
    Sometimes it does take child level statements to explain to some people. I hated dumbing down my explanations when speaking with AT&T customers.
    That's people in general, but I find that analogizing complex subjects tends to smooth things over. The problem is, it takes a decent amount mental agility to do even that.
    04-18-14 01:34 PM
    That's people in general, but I find that analogizing complex subjects tends to smooth things over. The problem is, it takes a decent amount mental agility to do even that.
    To know is subject is proficiency. To be able to explain it simply so that others can understand is mastery. To make something difficult look easy is also mastery.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 01:56 PM

He was implying that you would not be able to understand unless he provided a picture hastily scrawled in crayon.

Personal attack culture is one thing I hate about non-anonymous forums.
    I know, I was making him the same offer.
    04-19-14 08:29 AM
35 12