I've pretty much given up on the Z30 coming to AT&T, and I simply cannot afford to drop $500 on an unlocked STA100-5 model. However, I really want to give Blackberry a shot, and the only option for me is to pick up the Z10 (wouldn't cost me a dime on contract). I would be switching from the HTC One X (older "One" model), which has very similar specs. I'm not afraid of the switch as I enjoy trying new things (I switched from iOS to Android in the first place).

My biggest fear is the battery life. I guess my question is: Would it be worth at least trying out the Z10 for two weeks, and returning it/reinstating upgrade status if I end up not being able to handle the supposed lack of battery time? I messed around with my uncle's Z10 whenever I happen to see him and it seems like a very solid device, and supposedly the latest leaks have optimized the battery life some?

Either way, I'm close to just pulling the trigger, but I figured I would ask the community. Thanks for any responses!
    04-11-14 08:34 PM
    For the battery issue you could always buy a second one. Its still a great phone and like you said you could always return the device. I would go to the store and play with it. Also watch some YouTube videos on it make sure its the device you want.

I can't say yes or no to getting one because I am not you but if you play with the device it may hit you right away whether its for you.

Sent from my XT1080 using CB Forums mobile app
    Graahle likes this.
    04-11-14 08:45 PM
    Battery is crap. Just pure crap.

Just a heads up.
    tryfe, Flatman, shaunj539 and 1 others like this.
    04-11-14 08:46 PM
    Do it hands down. Yes you will need an extended battery. Small price to pay. Even better find a used Z10 and save your upgrade for the next BlackBerry hotness!

Posted via CB10
    Graahle likes this.
    04-11-14 08:50 PM
    I use a z10 and swear it is the best phone out there. I have never tried a z30 though.. I prefer the look and size of the z10.
    tagumcity and Graahle like this.
    04-11-14 08:52 PM
    Some folks deal with the supposed limited battery time by purchasing the Battery Package (don't recall exact name) or bundle. It is a charger case that comes with a spare battery. It can be charged and it has a usb out that can connect to the usb on the phone so provide a "battery pack" as it were or you can Power-off the phone and change to this spare battery.

But hours seem to vary greatly and some folks find no issues and other have issues.

Good luck with the decision.
    bambinoitaliano and Graahle like this.
    04-11-14 08:59 PM
    Yeah? Can you give me your experiences?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-11-14 08:59 PM
    If you can get it used; do it. I have two battery charger bundles. One I keep in my back pocket at all times and the other sits in the center console of my car just in case. A charger bundle is a must.
    04-11-14 09:06 PM
    The battery isn't the best but Mugen has an extended battery ( two types) for the z10 as an option. I have 3 spare batteries and 2 chargers. Never really had my battery drain to 15% before I'm able to recharge.

I would go for the Z10 and save up for the next Z phone.

What happens in Vegas...

Edit: when you do save up, think about getting an unlocked Z (z30 or maybe even Z50 if it comes out after 2 years) so you won't be locked into a contract and updates won't be carrier dependent. Got an unlocked Z from shopblackberry and no problem with software updates.
    Last edited by J Quimson; 04-11-14 at 10:41 PM.
    Graahle likes this.
    04-11-14 10:08 PM
    [QUOTE=J

I would go for the Z10 and save up for the next Z phone.

What happens in Vegas...[/QUOTE]

That is an excellent idea.

Posted via CB10
    Graahle likes this.
    04-11-14 10:32 PM
    Give it a try for 2 weeks! But yes the battery is definitely below par I would say. Carry an extra or just go for a Q10

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    Graahle likes this.
    04-11-14 10:53 PM
    I think the Z is a very solid performer. I have to say that I don't have the same battery experience that others are having. My Z comes off the charger at 7am and doesn't go back on charger until 11 or 12 that night with anywhere from 20 to 40% left to use. I use text, wifi, LTE, calls, browsing, and email during the day with no issues at all. I am not a gamer though. My battery life has always been at least as good if not better than my iPhone 5. Maybe my experience is not typical but this is one solid performing workhorse of a phone! Z10 makes me Happy, Happy, Happy..... Best wishes on your decision.

Verizon Z10 STL100-4 10.2.1.2174
    CMcRob, acovey and Graahle like this.
    04-11-14 11:09 PM
    Just get an extended battery from eBay the 4500mah kinps to be precise and you will not have to worry about battery life and once you go black you never go back

Posted via CB10
    Graahle likes this.
    04-11-14 11:12 PM
    Z10 is brilliant. Get a battery bundle and you're a prince. I've had mine for over a year and I'd buy it again today.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 11:14 PM
    Thanks for all of the responses! I'm going to give it a shot and will definitely report back!
    04-11-14 11:21 PM
    Battery is crap. Just pure crap.

Just a heads up.
    Nope. It's fine.
    NinjaB likes this.
    04-11-14 11:24 PM
    I think the Z is a very solid performer. I have to say that I don't have the same battery experience that others are having. My Z comes off the charger at 7am and doesn't go back on charger until 11 or 12 that night with anywhere from 20 to 40% left to use. I use text, wifi, LTE, calls, browsing, and email during the day with no issues at all. I am not a gamer though. My battery life has always been at least as good if not better than my iPhone 5. Maybe my experience is not typical but this is one solid performing workhorse of a phone! Z10 makes me Happy, Happy, Happy..... Best wishes on your decision.

Verizon Z10 STL100-4 10.2.1.2174
    Same here. If i don't play games much (total of 35 minutes) i have around 35% left after 20 hours..
    Graahle likes this.
    04-11-14 11:26 PM
    Same here. If i don't play games much (total of 35 minutes) i have around 35% left after 20 hours..
    This is good news to me; I don't play games that much either.
    aming63 likes this.
    04-11-14 11:31 PM
    Do not waste your upgrade on a Z10. If you really have to get a phone through a contract, than get iPhone 5S or Galaxy S5. Pay $200 and you will get $450 off of the full price of the phone. With Z10 you will get just $200 off the full price since you can get a new Z10 from blackberry.com for $200 with a discount coupon BLACKBERRY1. So my suggestion is get out of the contract, buy Z10 for $200 from blackberry.com and enjoy it and better price no contact plan on ATT. Or if you really, really have to get contract (please don't), than buy iphone 5S or Galaxy S5 for $200, sell it for $550 (easy sell), and buy Z10 for $200 and you will not only get Z10 for free, but will make an additional $150.
    04-11-14 11:32 PM
    Do not waste your upgrade on a Z10. If you really have to get a phone through a contract, than get iPhone 5S or Galaxy S5. Pay $200 and you will get $450 off of the full price of the phone. With Z10 you will get just $200 off the full price since you can get a new Z10 from blackberry.com for $200 with a discount coupon BLACKBERRY1. So my suggestion is get out of the contract, buy Z10 for $200 from blackberry.com and enjoy it and better price no contact plan on ATT. Or if you really, really have to get contract (please don't), than buy iphone 5S or Galaxy S5 for $200, sell it for $550 (easy sell), and buy Z10 for $200 and you will not only get Z10 for free, but will make an additional $150.
    This is also a good point. If I were to use the upgrade on the S5, would I then be able to unlock it and sell it unlocked? If I could seriously get $500 for it, then I could use it towards the Z30. Then how would I go about getting my service contract to the Z30? Sorry if these are asinine questions, but this is new to me.
    04-11-14 11:40 PM
    This is also a good point. If I were to use the upgrade on the S5, would I then be able to unlock it and sell it unlocked? If I could seriously get $500 for it, then I could use it towards the Z30. Then how would I go about getting my service contract to the Z30? Sorry if these are asinine questions, but this is new to me.
    Most likely no need to unlock. Sell it to someone on that carrier.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 11:46 PM
    You should be able to activate a phone online with your carrier account.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 11:47 PM
    Hey i m from India and i don't know how phone contracts work there. But i am just curious. can i get a phone on contract for $200 bucks and sell it? I mean it sounds dumb. Plus on contract u have to pay monthly fixed bills till contract period. They will be due even if you have sold ur phone.
    04-11-14 11:58 PM
    Nope. It's fine.
    7 hours for normal use isn't fine. Not going to argue with your level of expectations though.
    Acidwire and Hussain Karimi like this.
    04-12-14 12:02 AM
    I do have a used Z10 for sale if you're interested. Will part for 150. 00. I believe I have to follow protocol and list it. I believe it's T-Mobile. Not sure if unlocked.

My Z10 has a Flow
    04-12-14 12:07 AM
108 123 ...