Hey guys,

I recently swapped(I have insurance) my Z10 because the proximity and light sensors were not working. They made me keep my battery from the defect unit and use it in the new one. What I noticed is that now the battery lasts considerably longer with light to moderate usage, of course under heavy usage the difference is minor. For example when i unplug it at 8 in the morning and at 5-6 in the afternoon it is still at 50% where before it would be at 25-30%. I restored my backup and made all settings the same as before. Can't figure out why exactly and it's annoying : . I'm thinking one of three things(well now two)
    1. Better processor performace - meaning the thermal paste on the previous one wasn't applied very good so it wasn't cooling very well(although i didn't feel it)
    2. Still haven't put screen protector on the new unit - because the touch sensing is always on for the swipe up to wake gesture, maybe when a protector is applied it somehow consumes more energy.
    3. BB protect couldn't connect before - some kind of bug which made BB protect unable to start automatically at phone boot - I had to go to the menu, click OK on the error and toggle to ON. But it basically worked for the first few days. After that upon restart i had to turn it on manually again. So maybe this error was causing battery drain, but since now it's present again and the battery life is better i assume that's not it.

Anyone able to shed some light into my life?
    04-10-14 11:53 AM
    Maybe the malfunctioning proximity and light sensors were draining the battery?
    dikku11 and KDB84 like this.
    04-10-14 12:13 PM
    I thought to clarify that but forgot the battery life was the same when they were working

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 01:22 PM
    These are the intangibles in life. No 2 phones will be exactly the same. Just like no 2 microprocessors will perform the same. Luck of the draw.

My Z10 didn't have the reboot or sensor issues. *knock on wood*

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 08:52 PM