I want an additional layer of verification to save me from myself with delete all prior messages. I often mark all prior read first thing in the morning, after having looked at the messages that actually need to be read. This morning in a sleepy state I accidentally started the deletion process and halted it by resetting my device.

As the two buttons are so close together (on the q10) at least, I'd like an additional layer of verification, or the ability to remove the "delete prior messages" button all together.

Posted on my Q10
    04-10-14 10:51 AM
    If you go to Hub > Settings > Display and Actions, you can toggle on "Delete Message Confirmation". You'll then get a popup saying "All X prior messages will be deleted" with Cancel or Continue buttons. That should help.
    04-10-14 11:00 AM
    I had that one confirmation message, but mark all prior read has a similar confirmation message. I've been trained my software to blindly hit "ok" to confirmation messages.

I want something extra to protect me from myself.

Posted on my Q10
    04-10-14 11:04 AM
    "Delete all prior messages...
    This will really delete them...
    I'm not even joking...
    You won't get them back...
    By no means...
    Last chance...
    It's permanent..."

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    04-10-14 11:04 AM
    Delete confirmation is only for single messages. That doesn't apply to a mass of them anymore.
    04-10-14 12:22 PM
    Delete confirmation is only for single messages. That doesn't apply to a mass of them anymore.
    That's the "delete on handheld" vs "delete on handheld and server" option, which doesn't apply to multiple messages being deleted at once.

The delete confirmation for multiple messages works just fine.
    04-10-14 12:49 PM
    It deleted my messages from the server too when it started deleting all of my messages.

I didn't lose too much, but it would be nice to have the option for something obnoxious when you try to delete all messages, or to simply toggle off the option to do that.

Posted on my Q10
    04-10-14 12:54 PM
    I I've been trained by software to blindly hit "ok" to confirmation messages.
    This is your problem right here. Stop clicking stuff randomly without putting at least an iota of thought into what your doing and you won't have a problem.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 05:46 PM