Hello everyone! ReFocus Labs is proud to announce the release of their latest super hit game "Hues" exclusively for BlackBerry 10.

The game is COMPLETELY FREE TO PLAY! So please enjoy yourselves.

Hues- Threes and 2048, Powered Up!! Now Available on BB 10-hues-featured-1.png

Game Features:
    -Intuitive swipe to slide input (Also QWERTY input for the Q devices)
    -3 game modes: Timed Mode, Moves Mode, and Endless mode.
    -Power-ups - Increase time, increase moves, level up your Hues!
    -Adaptive GUI! Watch the GUI change as you unlock more Hues!
    -View hilarious character descriptions and details in 'The Clan'
    -Leaderboards System
    -Tweet scores
    -Score multiplier
    -Optimized for the BlackBerry Z10, Z30, Z3, Q5, Q10 and P'9882

Crackberry Review: New puzzle action comes to BlackBerry 10 with Hues - from ReFocus Labs | CrackBerry.com
    Official Gameplay Video:
    Download link: Hues - Threes & 2048 Powered up! - BlackBerry World

*note* Update 1.6 onwards introduces a revamped currency system and the prices for powerups/bonuses have been adjusted accordingly. You earn more after every round as well.

Please use this thread for bug reviews, crash reports, suggestions, and discussions related to Hues Game!
    Last edited by Puneet Kohli; 06-25-14 at 08:33 AM.
    04-10-14 10:47 AM
    Thanks! Always love new free games!
    04-10-14 12:07 PM
    Thanks! Always love new free games!
    Our pleasure! Do let us know how you found it. Feedback is always appreciated, as is a BB World review
    04-10-14 01:40 PM
    Fantastic game. I'll report bugs/suggestions in case I find anything. I really appreciate you guys releasing it for free.
    04-10-14 09:02 PM
    Love it! I've only gotten to the violet hue in the unlimited mode. Will need to play some more. Hehehe.

The only "problem" I have is that the battery heats up fast compared to some games that are graphic intensive.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 09:34 PM
    Love it! I've only gotten to the violet hue in the unlimited mode. Will need to play some more. Hehehe.

The only "problem" I have is that the battery heats up fast compared to some games that are graphic intensive.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, there was an issue. An update is on it's way fixing it

Hope you enjoy Hues as it is, till then!
    Rowan M likes this.
    04-11-14 04:08 AM
    Hi Puneet,

Appreciate your support to BB10 platform. I would like to know if you are planning to bring some apps to us apart from Games. Also I have a few app idea but no technical background or knowledge or education. :P
    04-11-14 04:13 AM
    Nice job! Keep apps and games coming! Just unlocked the "no limit option"! P.s. What about arkick update? And have you got some news about new apps/games you are planning to release? Looking forward! Thx again for your support!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 11:40 AM
    Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 01:25 AM
    I would like to address the battery/heating issue some users are facing with Hues.
    We have fixed the issue, and an update for the same is coming out in a few days time along with a seperate version for Square phone users, and a bit more to improve the experience.
    It is our kind request that users shouldn't leave negative reviews solely based on this bug. Please be patient, thanks!

Nice job! Keep apps and games coming! Just unlocked the "no limit option"! P.s. What about arkick update? And have you got some news about new apps/games you are planning to release? Looking forward! Thx again for your support!!!

Posted via CB10
    The Arkick update will be ready very soon
    And we do have some BB10 native apps in the pipeline as well

@Pratik Samanti: We have 2 Apps Arkick and Tilt currently available in BlackBerry world.
    cjcampbell, smart548 and tryfe like this.
    04-12-14 01:34 PM
    Very nice game indeed! Much better than 2048, and it's always nice to see something on BB10 first!
    Didn't think I would play it for long, but I'm already addicted now

Some smaller issues:
    * It's extremely hard on the battery. Nothing drains it so fast as this game which keeps me from playing it where I can't plug my phone in. And that's on a Z30. I got 50 percent battery usage just by Hues!
    * I get a short flickering on the screen when pushing a volume button in this game. Hard to describe, but it doesn't look healthy.
    * When I push the pause button and resume the game I get this (note the duplicate score and graphics in the bottom bar):
    Hues- Threes and 2048, Powered Up!! Now Available on BB 10-img_20140412_225949.png
    Puneet Kohli likes this.
    04-12-14 04:20 PM
    Very nice game indeed! Much better than 2048, and it's always nice to see something on BB10 first!
    Didn't think I would play it for long, but I'm already addicted now

Some smaller issues:
    * It's extremely hard on the battery. Nothing drains it so fast as this game which keeps me from playing it where I can't plug my phone in. And that's on a Z30. I got 50 percent battery usage just by Hues!
    * I get a short flickering on the screen when pushing a volume button in this game. Hard to describe, but it doesn't look healthy.
    * When I push the pause button and resume the game I get this (note the duplicate score and graphics in the bottom bar):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140412_225949.png 
Views:	638 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	262629
    Hey, thanks for the input! Much appreciated

As for the battery issue, as pointed out before, it has been addressed in the next update

Will look out for the volume issue, haven't come across it yet (?)

And yes, the visual bug you pointed out also has been addressed in an upcoming update
    Ealaionta likes this.
    04-13-14 11:45 AM
    Very much looking forward to the update then!

Regarding the volume flickering issue:
    It doesn't occur on the splash screen, only in the menu and game.
    Happens with the volume up and down buttons, but only the first time - not if I keep pushing it.
    It's a very short flickering frame, orange in colour (?) and a little distorted. I can't seem to capture it on a screenshot, it's very hard to time it anyway. Restarting the phone didn't help and it only happens in this game. Only a minor issue but maybe this helps fixing it!
    04-13-14 12:04 PM
    Very much looking forward to the update then!

Regarding the volume flickering issue:
    It doesn't occur on the splash screen, only in the menu and game.
    Happens with the volume up and down buttons, but only the first time - not if I keep pushing it.
    It's a very short flickering frame, orange in colour (?) and a little distorted. I can't seem to capture it on a screenshot, it's very hard to time it anyway. Restarting the phone didn't help and it only happens in this game. Only a minor issue but maybe this helps fixing it!
    I'm unable to reproduce this (tested on more than one device!)

If anyone else here could confirm if they get an issue like this, it'd be of great help!
    04-13-14 12:57 PM
    I wish I could have helped more with fixing this particular issue but - nevermind - it's fixed with the latest update!
    No more flickering and I really like the new sounds! Nice work!

Remaining issues:
    1. I think the tutorial is broken. I don't get the last message after using the booster and the round freezes, the tutorial cannot be finished. When I then return to the menu and back into a game and tutorial, that final message ("That's it for the tutorial!") comes first, and it then doesn't show the second instruction - and so on.
      After that it even sends me into the store when I try to click on the boosters, which upon returning gives me the duplicate graphics bug again.
    2. The duplicate graphics bug also occurs outside of the tutorial when buying a booster and returning.
    3. I also got the game to freeze on another occasion, unfortunately I don't know what triggered it.
      I couldn't move any tiles, restarting the round didn't help, nor did going back to the main menu. Only restarting the app did the trick.
    4. A highscore I got with a booster doesn't show up in the leaderboards but does show as my highscore after each round.
    5. I can't scroll further down than Deep Blue on the CheatSheet, although I've unlocked them until Periwinkle Purple.

Suggestions:
    1. An active frame showing the highscore and maybe the clan members above it. I've made a picture illustrating my idea below this post. It could also show the various clan members, maybe changing every few seconds?
    2. An undo button for one step backwards. I often find myself needing one. It may be a "cheat" but I really think it would work as a cheap booster.
    3. Right-Aligning the number 10 with the other numbers on the leaderboards for a cleaner look.
    4. Being able to freely choose the UI colour among the clan colours (I'm stuck on pink/purple! ).
    5. Changing "Share" into "Tweet" as it only opens Twitter so far.
    6. Some smoother edges on the graphics. It doesn't really show on the Z30 unless you know it, but it shows on screenshots. A few more pixels and less aliasing here and there. But that stuff is just the fine-tuning now

Here's the active frame suggestion:
    Hues- Threes and 2048, Powered Up!! Now Available on BB 10-activeframe.jpg
    Last edited by Ealaionta; 04-14-14 at 06:05 PM.
    Puneet Kohli likes this.
    04-14-14 02:32 PM
    The update you got is not the update I was referring to. That was meant to be the original release :/
    Anyways, the update I am speaking of should hopefully be approved of by tomorrow.

1. Possibly something we can look into
    2. Undo is something we "may" consider for a future release but not right now.
    3. The leaderboards UI has been changed to offer a better UX, and also to display global high scores
    4. That's something into consideration
    5. It's deliberately kept as "share" as we are looking to integrate the native share framework
    6. It's a necessary evil. We had to reduce texture quality for multiple reasons. As it isn't affecting much (hopefully) we plan to keep it that way

Edit:
    As for your issues, the majority have been adressed.

Regarding the leaderboard issue: Did you quit the game immediately after getting a highscore/completing the game? (That is, you didnt play again, or go to the main menu)

Regarding the random freeze: This is something that we still can't get our hands on. I've seen it myself a few times but haven't been able to deduce the cause.
    04-15-14 12:24 PM
    I figured it wasn't the full update. But whatever it was, it fixed the flickering issue so that's something out of the way!

2. I understand this requires quite a bit of work and cannot just be added onto the game. See it as a nice to have feature for somewhere in the future
    3. Global highscores will make me so jealous...
    5. I thought as much. Nevermind then!
    6. It really isn't much of a thing anyway, just something I noticed on screenshots I took of the game. It's probably also less noticeable on a Z10. I was also being a bit petty trying to think of things to improve.

Leaderboard issue: That's entirely possible, yeah. I keep playing the game on breaks so I probably just closed it after a round.

Freeze issue: I got it again today. I'll be sure to tell you if I find out how it happens!

I'll be looking forward to the full update then and keep posting things I find and suggestions if you want me to.
    Always happy to help improving things I like and... I won't be able to stop playing anytime soon anyway
    04-15-14 02:26 PM
    The update you got is not the update I was referring to. That was meant to be the original release :/
    Anyways, the update I am speaking of should hopefully be approved of by tomorrow.

1. Possibly something we can look into
    2. Undo is something we "may" consider for a future release but not right now.
    3. The leaderboards UI has been changed to offer a better UX, and also to display global high scores
    4. That's something into consideration
    5. It's deliberately kept as "share" as we are looking to integrate the native share framework
    6. It's a necessary evil. We had to reduce texture quality for multiple reasons. As it isn't affecting much (hopefully) we plan to keep it that way

Edit:
    As for your issues, the majority have been adressed.

Regarding the leaderboard issue: Did you quit the game immediately after getting a highscore/completing the game? (That is, you didnt play again, or go to the main menu)

Regarding the random freeze: This is something that we still can't get our hands on. I've seen it myself a few times but haven't been able to deduce the cause.
    I was wondering about that because the battery seems to get pretty hot still. Thanks for clarifying.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 03:09 PM
    Kindly optimize the layout on square screens. Could look much nicer with some rearranging.

It was obviously not taking into account much yet, as I can for example see text which is supposed to be off screen before it slides in place.

And a bug report: ZQSD should be mapped for Azerty keyboards.
    05-01-14 10:52 AM
    Any update on the battery draining issue? Love playing it but have to make sure I will have enough juice to go through the day. So it's either I'm near a charger or have my extra battery ready.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 02:46 AM
    Any update on the battery draining issue? Love playing it but have to make sure I will have enough juice to go through the day. So it's either I'm near a charger or have my extra battery ready.

Posted via CB10
    We've been having a bit of a technical issue with our backup servers due to which we delayed the update.

Shouldn't be more than a week though!
    05-02-14 07:07 AM
    We've been having a bit of a technical issue with our backup servers due to which we delayed the update.

Shouldn't be more than a week though!
    Thanks for the quick response.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 08:13 AM
    Is Scoreloop integration planned?
    05-03-14 05:57 AM
    Is Scoreloop integration planned?
    We are using a custom backend for Leaderboards integration.
    This will serve us better for a multiplatform launch
    05-03-14 10:00 AM
    Attachment 269443

Thanks for replying. Please comment on optimisation for Q devices to make better use of the screen real estate.

Also the power up buttons glitch out occasionally per the screenshot.
    05-11-14 06:43 AM
34 12