I have been using my Playbook just for streaming for the last few months. Last night after I put some movies on it from my computer the TV stopped recognizing it. I've tried different cords and non of them worked. But my Z30 comes up fine. I've factory reset it and still nothing, anybody know how to fix this????

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 09:41 AM
    I have been using my Playbook just for streaming for the last few months. Last night after I put some movies on it from my computer the TV stopped recognizing it. I've tried different cords and non of them worked. But my Z30 comes up fine. I've factory reset it and still nothing, anybody know how to fix this????

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like you HDMI port failed. No point sending it to RIM, they'll charge you more to fix it than it's worth, unless you still have warranty.
    04-10-14 10:00 AM
    Sounds like you HDMI port failed. No point sending it to RIM, they'll charge you more to fix it than it's worth, unless you still have warranty.
    Untrue. I got my PB fixed FREE OF CHARGE and I was out of warranty.

Always call BlackBerry if you can.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-10-14 10:11 AM
    Thanks I will contact them while I'm on break I hope they fix it

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 11:01 AM
    Untrue. I got my PB fixed FREE OF CHARGE and I was out of warranty.

Always call BlackBerry if you can.
    I know that was the case for folks with camera issues, but it has been reported to have changed. Several folks have since posted on here that RIM would do nothing for them out of warranty.

The playbook is dead to them and I expect so is any gratuitous service.

Please report back OP.
    04-10-14 11:09 AM